Nonsupporters of GGG and "3.0/Harbinger Sucks"

I love PoE, I also love most of the changes done in 3.0. Having that said there is much much room for improvements and having people express their feeling about the game regardless of how much they supported the game or not is important. I didn't pay money and expect them to listen more to me than someone else. I paid money because I liked what I played and felt they deserved the support.

With exception of the Harbinger beachhead unique map which is a nice xp grind area, the league seem extremely watered out. They clearly had most of their workforce on the 3.0 expansion. The patch changed very little and the harbingers are just annoying to wait around for, so much that I see a lot of people skipping them unles it is the "correct spawn".

It adds a lot of extra currency items to handle and there are not even enough currency slots in the premium tab to cover those shards/orbs(why would you cut us short there GGG???) There is little or no variation between the different Harbingers. There is no surprise factor so it becomes pretty dull. Compare it to breaches. Breaches has breachlords that can randomly spawn and wreck you(if not prepared). The density could be low or extremely high, there are clickables to give you extra stuff and a small chance of some sweet uniques to drop even in the non Breach domain areas. There are 5 different breach types and that adds to the variety. Harbinger "events" don't even come close.
Harbinger League sucks.
Harbinger packs suck.
GGG's profit margins are likely through the roof with the release of 3.0. Regardless of voices of discontent I don't think their going to change path when the current direction is so profitable.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
I do hope to see more engaging content in the next league, even though I'm too new to be up in arms over this one :)
"Life is weighted dice. You have some control over the outcome, but you'll never win if you don't roll."
"
Frosthaven83 wrote:
I do hope to see more engaging content in the next league, even though I'm too new to be up in arms over this one :)

Harbinger is the bottom of the barrel as far as GGG's work goes. Keep at it.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Frosthaven83 wrote:

Harbinger is the bottom of the barrel as far as GGG's work goes. Keep at it.

No doubt! Being a new player a lot of the shortcomings of the league are softened by experiencing everything else for the first time. It's still very clear that they turned "every now and then you have to wait 2-3 seconds to cast spells and kill things" into a headline league mechanic though. FeelsBad for veterans I'm sure.
"Life is weighted dice. You have some control over the outcome, but you'll never win if you don't roll."
Last edited by Frosthaven83 on Aug 20, 2017, 2:38:52 AM
Supporter packages mean nothing, I really hate that people try to pull that shit. Hey look I have "Closed Beta" therefore I am somehow superior to you.

Lots of folks may not buy the packs, I only buy them when I like what's being offered, otherwise I just throw cash at them for points so I don't have all that ugly stuff I don't like in my MTX window to sort through.

Harbinger league is very boring, I think the excitement of Breach has ruined it for me.
"
UglyStru wrote:
I've seen countless posts here from people bashing GGG so hard for a mediocre expansion, poor balance, bad artwork, don't know how to spend their money, etc. etc. etc.

But these same people are the ones who have never even bought a supporter pack. Why are you going to bash the developers of a game you've played 100% for free? You're practically just taking a product that a company had paid good money for, not financially supporting them at all, and then crying because you didn't like something they changed about the product.

GGG didn't even have to release a Harbinger league/supporter packs. They could've just released 3.0 alone and said "have fun while we work on the next league". You're getting a free damn expansion. Yet people are still complaining!

1. You're an asshole to assume that anyone who hasn't bought supporter packs plays for free. I've spent closer to 100$ (at least over 50$) on this game without buying a supporter pack.

2. It doesn't actually matter. If majority says that something sucks, that's the word they're going to spread all around, including reddit and other popular places. That's what they will answer when potential players will ask "Is Path of Exile good?" from public forums or from them. I'll tell anyone that currently it's very worrysome as to what direction the devs have taken and I'm not sure if it's wise to spend time on this game. Nobody outside of a minority here actually care whenever someone who gives an opinion is a supporter or not, most care about the contents of the opinion.

3. The problem with this "free expansion" is that it's marketed as a free expansion and it was hyped as such. Yet, by the end of the day, it was one act + rehashed acts. They took the decision to hype it as a solution to the repetitive nature of repeating all the acts, when it actually wasn't that. It feels actually insulting; as if they seriously thought that the players wouldn't mind. I'd rather have that one act and then make them cut the repetition to two difficulty modes instead of three. And then later have actually real acts, not 10 acts that are essentially 5 acts.

4. This is the TL;DR version for you: if devs actually took your attitude and thought "hey, screw the players, it's a f2p game after all!", guess what would happen? Yeah, your f2p game won't have any players left and it will settle into the desert of all the other f2p games that have no players and are soon enough buried.
"
Nephalim wrote:
GGG's profit margins are likely through the roof with the release of 3.0. Regardless of voices of discontent I don't think their going to change path when the current direction is so profitable.

Most of that profit came from hype. Pull these one too many and eventually people will just learn to distrust. Two years ago I didn't see people calling GGG greedy cashgrabbers, year ago that became far much common. Now everyone does it.
Lmao at everyone yelling "hype" as usual before smth, to then turn around and say it sucks afterwards. Why do ppl still hype stuff up? Like bloody learn from experience ffs xD

Also it's been SAID by GGG that the first league of an expansion is always weaker, so that it wouldn't be too much for new players to handle when they come into the new expansion at the same time aswell. Like do the ppl that whine here even read or know naything about PoE? Nubs haha...

Some ppl whining about bosses rofl, dunno wtf you're talking about when you say they're overtuned. My char kills even these new double hp bosses in a matter of secs. Make a better build then...
Also ppl whining about acts 6-9 being rehashed old ones... like that was already known from the start and even showed, wtf did you expect lmao?

Man there's so many clowns on these forums.
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Last edited by Paldamus on Aug 20, 2017, 4:38:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info