Audio Suggestions.

I don't know if this request was already posted. So apologies if I am just repeating existing inquiries.

I am using my digital output for my speakers while I'm using the analog output for my headset. In order to switch all my audio output from one to the other I am changing the default audio device in windows. However this doesn't work with path of exile since you can only select specific audio devices but not the standard device.

To fix this it would be great to add the audio option for the standard audio device.
Last edited by TroyMC on Apr 4, 2015, 10:09:17 AM
Can I suggest having a master volume control? Sometimes I just want to toggle all sounds off esp when I have music running. But when I want the ingame vol it's kinda troublesome to have to control 4 sliders.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
I'd really like to have either some built-in options for loot filter sounds that don't blend in to the sounds of the game as much, maybe some beeps or dings or chimes, or the option to drop my own sound(s) into the same directory as the filter files and either reference them by filename or name them soundeffect01.wav or whatever and have them become sounds 1-9. I find that between the relative volume levels of the current alert sounds and the fact that they blend into the general sound effects profile of the game, they are too difficult for me to pick out unless I turn my sound effects volume up high enough that some of my other sound effects are far too loud (TS crit with shatter is much louder than other things controlled by the same volume slider). It'd be so much easier to tell when something I didn't want to miss had dropped offscreen if I could choose a more conspicious sound or make some soundfiles of my own with a nice TTS voice that actually announced what had dropped.
OPA Guild Officer: to join see http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1119502
I have a simple suggestion in which the general volume of the game is reduced and the volume of the dialogue is increased so i can actually hear what is going on when you use that feature to hear dialogue without standing still.

I love that feature but its a waste if i can't hear anything over mob cries and tornado shot sound effects.
I think the loot alert sounds are far too quiet. I would like to be able to set the volume in the filter a lot higher than 100. Thanks!
@ashneil1

Yeah I agree this is a problem. something I've wanted implemented for a while is an audio ducking system that decreases all in game sounds while dialogue is playing.

Hopefully we can try get that sorted now the act 4 madness is over.

@Cidira @AirmanSpecial

I've had the volume limit adjusted to a 300 maximum for loot filters, Hopefully that solves your problems! This change should make it into a patch soon.

The audio guy.
"
Andrew_GGG wrote:
@ashneil1

Yeah I agree this is a problem. something I've wanted implemented for a while is an audio ducking system that decreases all in game sounds while dialogue is playing.

Hopefully we can try get that sorted now the act 4 madness is over.

That was what I came here to write. Made a suggestion in the beta feedback forums aswell.
Audio ducking sounds like the perfect solution.

I would also review the volume of all existing dialogue. It seems to me that the volume varies a bit. I can usually hear Daresso fine, even over the rumble of the battle, but I can't hear sh*t of what Kaom is saying.

Keep up the good work!
i have some suggestions

1- the golems idle animation sounds are annoying either remove them or couple them to ambient sounds
slider

i almost dont want to use them because the noise is so distracting

2- the standard portal sound while its set open has some very annoying high pitched whirring noise

3- when metal statues die and fall down they make a sound that sounds too much like i am receiving a whisper maybe change it or adjust the pitch makes my eyes move and might cause deaths

thats all for now
Can u guys add Master volume slider & audio Mute hotkey?

I hate sliding 4 volumes slider when I want to adjust my volume/mute my audio.
"
razzed wrote:
i have some suggestions

1- the golems idle animation sounds are annoying either remove them or couple them to ambient sounds
slider

i almost dont want to use them because the noise is so distracting

2- the standard portal sound while its set open has some very annoying high pitched whirring noise

3- when metal statues die and fall down they make a sound that sounds too much like i am receiving a whisper maybe change it or adjust the pitch makes my eyes move and might cause deaths

thats all for now

you read my mind!

you (ggg) should add another slider for sounds that are known for being annoying.
players map alot and there are things we have to do again and again.
theorycrafting or checking stashs while 5 portal are squiiiieeecking all the time doesnt work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info