Audio Suggestions.

*BUMP* Please add a minion sound effect toggle in audio options, as it is often difficult to hear other things over just the zombie army feet, let alone the skeleton shuffle, raging spirit... groaning?, spectre noises, etc. Thanks!
"A wise man once said: He who speaks with a sword has a cutting wit and gets to the point quickly."
I will as always request the same thing - mono sound option. pls.
Can we differentiate chat sound alerts and in-game sound effects in the options menu? I'm stuck between not being able to notice PMs and having my eardrums assaulted with the sounds of various explosions, shots and slams brought on by people who fail to use their words when trading.

I understand that we want to be different to "that other game that I dare not mention by name" but I promise, it can only have a positive outcome.
Last edited by cole_on_sea on Aug 1, 2017, 9:51:32 PM
"
Andrew_GGG wrote:
If you have any ideas to improve the audio post them here!

I needed to qouote you, so you see this.

The new PlayAlertSoundPositional option for loot filters is a great and very usable idea. But with the current implementation it is not usable in practice. The loot drop volume should be constant. If an item drops too far away it is barely audible in the current beta implementation. If you run too far away a sound can even get cut up completely.

As I stated the volume needs to be constant and the sound must play the full length, but the positioning is very useful.

Furthermore this option is obviously not working as it should be (bugged) at the moment. When changing zones the drop sounds disappears sometimes.

Here's proof: https://youtu.be/6eqg3EB7CKs
Greengroove's Loot Filter Scripts: poeurl.com/OMs
As someone who just got the Voidgate portal, it feels extremely jarring that there's literally zero sound when you open it. It looks absolutely amazing, and I really like the quiet sound it makes while open. It just feels so incredibly weird and underwhelming every time I open a portal that I can't see myself actually using it even though I like it the best.

I feel like having literally any sound effect for the portal opening would be better than what we have now. Please save this portal for me. I will love you forever. The complete silence every time I pop a portal back to town is too much to bear.
Last edited by UnityGN on Aug 18, 2017, 6:12:30 AM
I think it would be nice to enable random character phrases upon rare monster kill while playing in party. I always wondering why is it disabled, anyway character's phrases is only can be heard by character owners, not by party members.
But those phrases are amazing and funny.

Also it would be great if music change in boss fights in act 6-10 on some bosses like Tukohama or other minor gods, and at the maps bosses.
"
Andrew_GGG wrote:
If you have any ideas to improve the audio post them here!

Somebody probably asked for this before, but here I go: change the "Mute when in background" so it's not an all-or-nothing. Add a tick box under or by every volume slide to mute that particular sound when the game is in the background. The current functionality would be asociated to the Master slide.

That way if I switch to the browser mid map to check something and some adventurous monster comes from beyond the screen to attack me I'd notice, or I could wait for a friend to finish a map while listening to music or reading something online and still get the chat notification... all while not hearing neither the game's music nor ambient sound.

I hope you like the idea, I think it would be really functional!
Last edited by mkdabra on Sep 15, 2017, 2:19:22 PM
Please consider adding 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound support.

Thanks.
Burning sounds from the environment. Specifically the Oriath tilesets are on normal effects. They should be on ambient.

It's fire from an outside effect should be an ambient background sound ment to show the environment is on fire. I have ambient off.

It's a big problem because audio is positional, you hear the roaring of flames constant over everything else in narrow hallways etc because it's all around. People with speakers (seriously who plays with speakers these days... my wife doesn't stand for it), may not notice but on headphones.. very overpowering.

I turned ambient on in that area and it was screaming people, nice.. turned it back off.

The roaring fire was still overshadowing half of the other sounds... This is annoying when it's not a direct burning that is effecting my character say from ignite. Yes I love the atmospheric event, but please move it to ambient.

There are other sounds also like water and waves from some boss fights and events etc. These are also ambient sounds.

They shouldn't be an effect, from a skill/spell effect. If it's not then maybe you need another area for environment.

You really notice it trying to load into some of the towns with lots of people and hearing waves of water crashing or burning for 10s while you wait on the load the high res textures for MTX's. (that's another option need to be submitted.. in effects.. low res mtx in town).

Last edited by Cryxx on Dec 14, 2017, 9:22:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info