Audio Suggestions.

Just got an idea before bed.
How about adds some special audio effect(or short battle BGM) when players encounter special(or really strong) enemies?
That will be a good gaming experience!
I'd like to see noises carry further and more smoothly. Waterfall audio is a good example of this, you can't really hear it until you're right next to it, and it seems pretty loud when there's such an abrupt change. If you could hear the waterfall from a ways off without it suddenly popping in, and get progressively louder, that'd be pretty sweet.

Another example would be the audio for activated Waypoints. You can only really hear it when you're standing next to or on it, but if you could hear it faintly from about a screen away (waterfalls are louder, and so should be heard from further away than that) it would add to the immersion.
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
Last edited by Felix35071 on Oct 22, 2015, 2:27:08 PM
I would like to see an option to switch the sound to mono
Firstly I would like to say that I absolutely LOVE the voice work put into this game! Can't get enough of it... My favourite has got to be Tani in Act 3 crossroads.

There are two lore parts that are sadly not voiced and thus seem out of place:

- Note outside of Highgate: Written by Piety, but not voiced. Seems inconsistent since we got the narration for the note to her lover in act 3.

- Map device in the Solaris temple on Normal and Cruel: Since the voice of Malakai has been introduced, hopefully same voice actor can narrate this one.

I would like to have an option to turn down certain sound effects.

like monster death sounds, high-pitched screams and torture sounds, as these can be disturbing. (I've been having nightmares with these sounds lately)

EDIT: I just found that the option is there already
Last edited by sanan22 on Jan 15, 2016, 10:06:37 AM
Hi Andrew.

Please, please, please please...

Make so that the portal sound effect is not audible so far away from the portals.

When I afk I like to have silence in the room and most of the time you'll have portals open. I want this because I want to be able to hear if someone whispers me / i listen to music.

Only way to fix this at the moment is to have your stash very very far away from the portals. I want to stand next to stash when I'm not mapping.
To me it makes no sense that I can hear the noise so far away. In my mind the sound should be very "light" warm and unobtrusive. The sound is present in a very large area and the fade out is very short (in walking distance).

I'd be really happy if you change this. And I'm sure a lot of other people would be as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure if you changed this but try to use low cut on effects that don't need bass like lightning warp. I remember that skill doing a kind of booming sound (i have a subwoofer) and using studio monitors.
Greengroove's Loot Filter Scripts: poeurl.com/OMs
Dialog volumes vary greatly. When you jack up the volume in order to listen to lore and boss dialog, your vendors are much too loud. Normalize that please.
"
razzed wrote:
i have some suggestions

1- the golems idle animation sounds are annoying either remove them or couple them to ambient sounds
slider

i almost dont want to use them because the noise is so distracting

2- the standard portal sound while its set open has some very annoying high pitched whirring noise

3- when metal statues die and fall down they make a sound that sounds too much like i am receiving a whisper maybe change it or adjust the pitch makes my eyes move and might cause deaths

thats all for now

Point 1. make it happen.
IGN: Teeborg
Battle sound fadeout is a bad idea.

Since 2.3 patch each time character 'saying' something all other sound fades out.

"skill not ready", "no mana" and other pointless phrases breaks in-game sound feedback for 0.5-1 sec. That is not acceptable.

Make character speech in the same 'sound flow' as the other sound or let us completely disable the 'midfight speech' feature.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Jun 6, 2016, 2:23:03 AM
The sound effect on summon raging spirit and animate weapons are too loud. They are much louder than other skill sound. Since I have more than 80 SRS and AW at the same time, it makes gaming really annoying. I must turn down sound effect to play, but still causing problem for other party members. Can you just lower the sound volume to fix it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info