Audio Suggestions.

I have multiple audio output and channels on my computer. I would like to redirect the audio and output.

Example: Intel IDT HD Audio {default source}, USB PnP Sound Device, SteelSeries Siberia V2 USB Headset {default Communication}

Just a thought
I'd like a different chime for announcing incoming messages. To my ears, the current one sounds too much like part of the background music track in Sarn Encampment, so I can't always tell when someone messaged me. Having a choice of different chimes would be even better, as people could pick one that they find more comfortable.
Could we please have a "Use default device" option?

This is how it operated before. I switch often between headset and desktop speakers. Now I have to switch both my default device and Path of Exile's audio output whenever I switch between the two.
IGN: PyRobotic
Hi there,

I have a suggestion that has probably already been on the back burner for a while now. Ever since the Scion was introduced she has been the most revealing and talkative of the exiles. I feel like the other exiles need to be updated pretty soon. For example the Marauder really should have at least some response to the carvings made by his own people. The Templar really should have something to say about the Golden Hand at the Fellshrine crypt. At the very least, responses to events that fall in line with their character. Of course, I'd be even happier if they all had responses to everything. :D

Thank you for reading and for creating such a great game.
Hello,

I would like to make a suggestion on the following issue. I'm currently playing a character that uses a shield with high chance to block. As I've read, a block sound is only played when a "heavy" hit is blocked (I guess that's when the block animation is played and the block recovery time is considered). However, it feels very weird when lots of monster hit you and there is absolutely no effect, I would at least expect some sound of hitting a shield to be noticeable.

On the other side, it is very disturbing that when you attack an enemy and there is no proper feedback and you don't know what actually happened (block, dodge/miss, desync?). You should consider integrating a suitable sound for all blocked attacks (happens a lot with e.g. blackguards), this would further improve the playing experience.

I want to also add, that I'm no fan of popping up numbers and "miss"-texts as often done in other games. So far I absolute love the style of the game and I hope you continue that way ;)

Greetings, Lui
"
ಥ_ಥ wrote:
Hi there,

I have a suggestion that has probably already been on the back burner for a while now. Ever since the Scion was introduced she has been the most revealing and talkative of the exiles. I feel like the other exiles need to be updated pretty soon. For example the Marauder really should have at least some response to the carvings made by his own people. The Templar really should have something to say about the Golden Hand at the Fellshrine crypt. At the very least, responses to events that fall in line with their character. Of course, I'd be even happier if they all had responses to everything. :D

Thank you for reading and for creating such a great game.

I love this also I would like to add (it probably has already been mentioned but I am to lazy to read the back log) additional phrases for characters over "common events" I/E out of mana and full inventory. For example the Duelist's line "My spirit is spent." could be augmented by sometimes saying something along the lines of "I don't have the energy for that." just a thought.
Retract
Always looking for people to game with, Hit me up!! Thanks for the great game GGG..

As I ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴜʀᴀɪ sᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ sᴛᴏᴍᴀᴄʜ ᴀs I ᴡᴀs ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴏᴍᴍɪᴛ Seppuku, I ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ Kʀɪᴘᴘ ᴘʟᴀʏ Cᴀsᴜᴀʟsᴛᴏɴᴇ. I ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴀ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ Kʀɪᴘ ᴡᴀs Nᴏʟɪғᴇ. ɴᴏᴡ I ᴀᴍ Nᴏʟɪғᴇ. ɢᴏᴏᴅ ʙʏᴇ ᴋʀɪᴘᴘ ▬▬ι════════ﺤ
Last edited by Zombiecity317 on Aug 16, 2014, 1:59:26 AM
In regards to skill lightning warp:

I know some sounds have been changed, not sure if this is a bug or what. but it's hard to enjoy the rest of the awesome sounds and environments with this high pitched cracking going on.
It doesn't happen every single cast, but seems to be more prominent the further I attempt to warp. I've tested it with all other sounds off and it makes no difference.

it was never a problem before, so it ain't me..... no it ain't me I ain't no fortunate one.
also skill effect arctic armor mia, but u guys know that. just saying! it's not all in my head!

I Now run the game with the --nosound attribute. Solved many problems. But I do miss the sounds.
specs:

Win 8.1 64 bit
I7 860 @ 2.8GHz
GTX 660 graphics
onboard RealTek HD audio driver ver 6.0.1.6662
SSD
5.1 channel Turtle beach headphones

20 MBps down 2 Mbps up

I'm going to look around for updated software.

Last edited by Tmfm on Sep 25, 2014, 9:32:55 AM
i'm writing in this section because i can't solve my problem related to audio.
i bought a xonar d1 in hope to play poe without this issue but it's persisting.
Problem : continuous music cuts out and restart.
Where : Mostly in cities (2-3 times causing screen freezes) but in other areas too.
Why : I really don't know what is causing this background music restart

Tried all workarounds to solve this issue (-swa , fullscreen , windowed , fullscreen windowed , update audio driver , lower channels , raise channels , vsync off/on) but the only solution is the -ns.

i'm playing in the beyond league and you know that i need to be soo careful to these constant freezes that could cause me certain death.
I'm not going toplay with -ns for 2 points : 1) you can't hear some dangerous mobs incoming neither shrines in the vicinity neither dropped gems or valuable items.
2) the music is awesome.

if you have some suggestion to solve my issue would be appreciated , thanks.

Yes , i already started a thread on tech forum.
suggestion, allow custom sounds for currency and maps drop, or let us raise the volume level of just the drops. playing a crit build with projectiles that fling across screen and off the screen...you cant hear anything if it drops a little bit away from you. turning up the sound effects volume just deafens you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info