Audio Suggestions.

I know I am not the example of a usual Path of Exile player, but maybe there are some people like me, so I'll just try to add an idea (don't know if it wasn't already suggested).

I really like some of the quotes the characters have for certain actions. I loved it in Diablo as well, when your ubercool character says something like "It takes more than a siege to stop me", that's priceless. So, since you already have a shop for alternate graphical effects for many things, why not make a shop for alternate speeches? For example, I don't like very much the speech "Life is fleeting" that Witch says after slaying tougher opponent (which is pretty often) ... and I would love to pay to make this speech something more kickass, like the speech "Had you been my creation, Brutus, you wouldn't have fallen so easily" definitely is.

EDIT: This idea taken further, there might be additional events for speeches to occur and many alternate speeches to choose from in microtransactions. Since these speeches are heard by other players standing around, this would be a new great way to customize the character - other than graphical and skill effects and such.
Last edited by Sethiel on Aug 7, 2013, 7:20:02 AM
Hopefully this is the right place for GGG to see this. I'd really like to see our own sound effects prioritized.

A lot of the time in full groups you hit the cap of sound channels (I assume that's what's happening), which means some sound effects don't get played. I play an RoA ranger with almost 4 APS and this causes some of my RoA shots to not make sounds, while others do.

For one, it's a little distracting and brings me out of the experience, as the sound of RoA, and I imagine anyone's main ability sound, is something you want to hear and enjoy hearing. The larger factor for me though, is that it also means pot sounds and other important sound effects may not be heard. Often times I hit a pot and have to look to see that it went off, because no pot sound played.

I'd love if my sound effects were prioritized over others and forced to always play. I always want to hear my ability sound, my pot sound, my shock stack sound (etc) more than anything else.
Its something that we will eventually add!

Currently audio can only have three levels of priority, but in the future I would like your clients "high" priority sounds to automatically be prioritized above other players high priority sounds.

I'm also hoping we can add some more audio channels into the engine, we currently have 32 available where even a older game like WOW has 64. This would help quite a bit!
The audio guy.
For people having that bsod issue with x-fi cards, can you guys add in an audio card selector? or give us an editable config file , so that i dont have to set my default card to my backup card and just select the backup card in game for it to use to avoid any potential bsod with my x-fi card without having to adjust all of my system audio?
Selecting a audio device is on our lead programmers list of things to do!
The audio guy.
Might have been mentioned but not going through 17 pages to check.

I'd want an option to isolate the whisper notification to be the only sound played. I often want to leave the client open while watching an episode of some TV series or a movie so I can still receive whispers. Currently you need to have other sounds running in the background which makes it a bit annoying.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
How come flask loot pickup has no sound?
It strikes often that when i pick up flasks from the ground that there no sound at all for it, meanwhile other items have a nice little sound feeedback.
Couldn't we get the flasks in belt switch sound implemented for picking up flasks as well?
It quite nice and already finished, so it could be easy to add, or is there some bigger reason why we still dont have a quick sound for picking up flasks?
PoE Wiki page: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_Wiki
Apparently due to the way flask sounds were originally implemented some issues appear when using a "item" sound on flasks.

The people responsible for making this work properly have a task on their list, unfortunately its fairly low priority.
The audio guy.
Ah that explains why, ty, hopefully it can be squeezed in at some point, would be nice :)
PoE Wiki page: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_Wiki
I'm not sure if this has been suggested or not... but I like playing music while playing and don't care about hearing sounds except for when loot drops, like orbs.

I think being able to mute everything except orb drops and loot would be a fantastic addition to the game.

That way I could play my music loud but still hear a big ding when an orb drops.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info