Audio Suggestions.

If you have any ideas to improve the audio post them here!
The audio guy.
Last edited by Erik on Feb 18, 2018, 9:03:52 PM
Last bumped on Dec 14, 2017, 9:17:27 PM
It would be great if we could adjust the volume of the ambient/enviormental sounds.

I always listen to music when I play so the only sounds I want to hear from the game are from my character and monsters.
Behemoth type mobs should give a roar when they're activated on aggro.

Rock Titan type mobs should have a longer shuffling limestone type sound as they activate.

Merveil should give a piercing sirens scream when she first spots you.

I'm not sure if you guys have any voice acting budget, but there is a lot of room for cool on bandit and human type mobs in this game.

Give champion bandit mobs a few short voice acted lines
"Take his gear!"
"Leave her in a ditch!"
"Get his head for Oak!"

Filthy Wastrels champions at like 25%
"I'm sorry, I'm starving"
"Please don't kill me, I've got children"
"I know you have bread!"
Voice acting is something that will be added to the game at some point, for characters and human mobs.

We currently can't add agro sounds to mobs, but its something that has been discussed and should happen eventually.
The audio guy.
Some ideas here:

· Create a sound when you open the Stash.

· Make a different sound when you level up a skillgem.

· Make a different sound when you click the "+" button that appears when you have passive points to spend.

· Add a sound when you drop a potion in your inventory.
Last edited by Sartormc on Feb 20, 2012, 1:24:42 PM
It could be great to add a sound when the character has low life (Kind of parameter which can be chosen in settings, because I know it could bore some people)

And how about sound when an item is dropped? For the moment, we have the sound when the item hit ground, but maybe add a sound whenever the item is in the air could be interesting. -EDIT- my bad, there is a sound drop, but it is very quiet, I did not hear it the first time -EDIT-
Last edited by Phelim on Feb 22, 2012, 3:46:49 AM
Add some evil laughs to monsters if they kill you

Bandits when they see you say things like "Ohh what do we have here ?"

more area sounds like wind , twigs breaking when walking , river sounds. Whispers in dark woods.

Just add in sounds for every area to make it feel more alive , scary etc etc :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/swedishtavern

Around 90h of PoE Content made and spread across Scandinavia. Now invading Europe & US
Enjoy
if you could add in the option to select the audio device the game uses that would be nice.

for people that have multiple audio outs via sound card, hdmi, or what ever. they could set it to match what windows has as the default or have it set to which ever sound card you want the game to use.

really the deal is that i watch movies on my tv via my computer internet, so since its through flash its set to the default sound device, so its a pain when i want to watch movies and play POE at the same time since all the sound is coming out the TV speakers.

so like it would be really nice to just be able to set my sound card, instead of the windows default, to the audio device POE uses.

but over all it would be nice for people just to be able to choose the audio device they want to use for the game.
I personally would love the ability to have something like an in game player that would allow you to add music to a queue from your hard drive. Then you could even have an option that can be turned on or off to cycle songs on zone change.
"I remember a better solution in an old issue of Popular Mechanics. A lead coffee cup - kept warm perpetually by a little chunk of plutonium."
Please give us 5.1 Surround Sound :).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info