Audio Suggestions.

Here comes suggestions from me =)

sounds when open doors.

Scary screams in dungeons woulde be cool.

More animal sounds in the world please.

I am veteran i have follow Poe sense November 2010.
I'd appreciate a bit more "meaty" sounds for 2handed hammers and such.
The first time i killed the last boss in act 1 there were two things missing for me.

Give the Act bosses (or even more bosses) some sort of catchphrase. Something they say when you encounter them.
Makes them much more personal.

As well as when they die. Give them at least some sort of dying in pain audio.

Overall i like the sounds a lot. I love it when you pick up stuff, activate environmental things. Hitting stuff and so on.

Ps: if this is the wrong thread i apologize.
Same goes if this suggestion is already planned for the real game and not the beta.
A Mute button. please give me a mute button on the gui or in the options. i have the game windowed nd skip over to things on the bg some times, but even minimized the sound of PoE keeps playing. an easy-access option to prevent this from happening would be nice.
Tpyos ? lvie wtih tehm.
Miscellaneous sounds, such as weapons striking an enemy, the pluck of a bowstring etc. - put in as many variations as you can.

Even if it's too much to make say a few different sounds of a sword hitting flesh, a few more for a sword hitting armor, yet more for a sword hitting a rock monster etc., even slight pitch shifts of the same sound can be effective, making things seem more natural.

Any sounds that can give gameplay feedback are good too. Critical hits, blocked attacks, taking a large packet of damage and so on.
"
Andrew_GGG wrote:
This should be added eventually.

currently the game does not recognise ground types. but when it does we should be able to add things in like water sfx and vfx. also other stuff like footsteps changing depending on what you are running on.

Time to start building those foley pits :P

Hehe, I took a couple classes on audio design in video games and in general and making my own foley experiments was fun as all heck. We were given a soundless cutscene at one point and we had to create the music and sound effects for the entire thing.

As for my own tips, ambient sounds for each environment does a lot towards immersion, and all of the sound effects for the environment and objects like doorways could use variety when you do end up setting them up. Have 4 or 5 different types of footsteps for the same environment, say, frozen gravel, will help with sound fatigue and the likes, as well as all sorts of monster verbalizations, like screams, gleeful "I'm going to murder you" sounds, etc.
Add single or 2 key press for voice command.

eg
1. Help
2. Yes
3. No
4. Run
5. Attack

may be its not a good idea.

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
Yes! hopefully we will be able to get party commands in after the vocal recording sessions.
The audio guy.
"
Andrew_GGG wrote:
Yes! hopefully we will be able to get party commands in after the vocal recording sessions.

lol glad to hear that.
i was worried that there won't be one since its ARPG.

But the best party communication media is still the mic.
On the other hand, there will be times that mic is not appropriate (like late at night).

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
when gems level up it sounds like one has dropped on the ground instead to me

I think a "ka-ching!" sound would be a better indicator of leveling it up than "tink!"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info