Audio Suggestions.

What part of the sound is the issue? The audio when you cast? Coming from the skull/weapon? or is it the impact?
The audio guy.
Its the Impact!
Cheers! I'll look into it right now
The audio guy.
The same problem with Blade Vortex. Impact sound is too loud/sharp.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Jun 9, 2016, 5:06:32 AM
I really love the new sound effect for opening portals in 2.3. But now the Voidgate portal has NO sound effect when you open it! Well, maybe it never did, I can't remember, but if so then I'm just noticing it more since the default sound is so cool that it makes Voidgate really feel lacking.

Even if you just copied the same sound effect from the default portal and applied it to Voidgate, it would be much better.
Thanks for the update you made to the default portal sound. Much better now.

Personally I always turn off stuff like Golems and Arctic Armour. Noises bother me when I afk. That is also why I suggested to make changes to portal sounds.

They have improved the sound of portals indeed and you can turn off golems and the other stuff. It is annoying to turn them back on but I don't think that is a sound issue.

Also I did notice that the sounds would duck when voice overs played. I thought that was cool but the ducking level was a bit excessive. At least the first days. I haven't played much lately.

A general reminder is to try and use low cut whenever possible. Just not to have excessive booming when that is not required. :)
Greengroove's Loot Filter Scripts: poeurl.com/OMs
Last edited by Greengroove on Jun 10, 2016, 8:36:50 PM
-Please turn down the Map drop sound volume. It is extremely loud relative to other drop sounds.

-Please turn down the Vaal Orb drop sound volume; with 2.3.1, it has become overly loud compared to other drop volumes.

-Consider turning up the volume on Deodre's curses heard from outside of his Arena in The Harvest; pre-2.3.0 the curse sounds heard from outside of his Arena were loud, frightening, and downright intimidating. I do not think that the current curse volume is sufficient to create an intimidating Deodre approach.

-Please re-enable Tyrannursus Maximus's (The Library) scary spawn sound which only existed for a few weeks before getting removed.

-Please re-enable The Goddess of Purity's (The Solaris Temple Level 2) shrill scary spawn sound which, just like Tyrannarsus Maximus's, only existed for a few weeks before getting removed.

-Please re-enable Lightning Arrow's wall/object impact sounds; currently, its arrows are silent upon wall/object impact.

Thank you for any consideration.
TY to those who called me out on my BS on these forums. There is no benefit to being so selfish as to fail to acknowledge others' differing beliefs of what "should be" or believe your own opinions so supreme as to be factual and thus dismiss others' opinions as being somehow a lie or delusional.
Last edited by Perfect_Black on Jun 22, 2016, 8:47:55 PM
It would be neat having individual sounds for each element and chaos critical hits, now they share single one which seems to be physical one.
Footsteps sounds. Eh, just.... Once i heard you gonna implement system to recognize where character is stepping, so youll be able to add appropriate sound effect and footprints, is it being frozen/cancelled?
The new Tier 2 Beach map uses ambient sound effects from the Twilight Strand, which feature frequent thunderclaps which feel strange in such a calm, sunny environment. Could it be changed to use the ambience from the Coast/Tidal Island?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info