Slayer-Ascendant changes
Culling strike - added
20% increased dmg while leeching - added
20% increased AOE if you've killed recently - added
40% increase against rares/uniques - removed
stun mobs on full life - removed

Raider-AScendant changes:
20% increased atk speed - added

The 40% increase against rares/uniques is a bummer, but I think everything else balances it out pretty well. I guess the net is a better overall mapper, a bit of a nerf or about the same for boss killing.

Do you all think the atk speed increase is actually a net buff even against bosses?

Yes. The attack speed is definitely a huge buff as it scales really well for the build and is very good against boss fights.

So this build definitely gotten a buff. :)
"
kira1414 wrote:
Yes. The attack speed is definitely a huge buff as it scales really well for the build and is very good against boss fights.

So for next league starter would you go for your Scion or Slayer version ? I'm a noob and started the game a few weeks ago. I'd like to try one of your cyclone build ofr next season. Which one would you recommend ? My only real exp with the game is Essence Drain build low life as a scion.

Have you considered doing something like Slayer + Chieftan Scion? I feel like the Chieftan replaces the Xoph's requirement and could get some insane damage for free. I was going to PoB it out tonight, but I figured i'd ask here too.
"
SavvyBaby3 wrote:
Have you considered doing something like Slayer + Chieftan Scion? I feel like the Chieftan replaces the Xoph's requirement and could get some insane damage for free. I was going to PoB it out tonight, but I figured i'd ask here too.

I thought exactly that, running Chieftain till I can get xoph's blood and than respec. But the question is, as I will be starting the league farming Lab, will this be better than the other options this late? If ashes only make difference on very end game, probably is best just save for xoph's directly.
no more purchases or recommendations til the trade system is fixed.
Xoph's also isn't that ridiculously expensive if you're conservative with your currency (although it might be worse in Bestiary than it was in Abyss, due to the lack of Breach on Zana). My experience was that you can get Xoph's Heart for as little as 2.5 ex, and Blessing of Xoph for just a few chaos. Certainly it was nowhere near as bad as a corrupted Tombfist, or a Watcher's Eye.
"
Anuwiel wrote:
"
kira1414 wrote:

So for next league starter would you go for your Scion or Slayer version ? I'm a noob and started the game a few weeks ago. I'd like to try one of your cyclone build ofr next season. Which one would you recommend ? My only real exp with the game is Essence Drain build low life as a scion.

Someone on the Slayer thread asked a similar question, here's my reply :)

"
Slayer Version - Best Uber Lab runner among all classes because of immunity to bleed and overleech.

Scion Version - Marriage between a Slayer and Raider. High damage and has overleech but requires Vaal Pact for better survivability.

Chieftain Version - Cheapest to gear. Lacks the overleech of Slayer and Scion version. The high regen (if you go budget version) with endurance charges should allow you to drop Vaal Pact and be able to farm Uber Lab comfortably.

I will probably put up a Uber Lab setup for this version for those who want to use it as Uber Lab runner.

All 3 classes can clear Shaper.

For me, Chieftain is the new kid on the block so I will likely go for that in the new league but that is just me (since I played both Scion and Slayer version).

The key question will be: Are you going to run lots of Uber Lab? If so, Slayer. Otherwise, any class (based on the comparison) above will be fine.

"
SavvyBaby3 wrote:

Slayer + Raider will be better because of high attack speed.

Scion's Chieftain is missing 50% physical converted to Fire or it will be a great choice to go Slayer + Chieftain.

"
Marchosiae wrote:
"
SavvyBaby3 wrote:

I thought exactly that, running Chieftain till I can get xoph's blood and than respec. But the question is, as I will be starting the league farming Lab, will this be better than the other options this late? If ashes only make difference on very end game, probably is best just save for xoph's directly.

I would recommend to save for Xoph's Blood cos the benefit from Scion's Chieftain is really minimum. Frenzy charges + free onslaught from Raider will benefit you all the way. :)

"
gkathellar wrote:
Xoph's also isn't that ridiculously expensive if you're conservative with your currency (although it might be worse in Bestiary than it was in Abyss, due to the lack of Breach on Zana). My experience was that you can get Xoph's Heart for as little as 2.5 ex, and Blessing of Xoph for just a few chaos. Certainly it was nowhere near as bad as a corrupted Tombfist, or a Watcher's Eye.

The lack of Zana map mod should have some impact on the price but we shall see.
Have you considered going Slayer / Berserker for Scion instead of Slayer / Raider? The slayer would give you the leech over cap to manage the rage from the zerker which would give you more movespeed etc throughout labs/maps.

The only reason I feel like raider would be good is for bosses because of the frenzy charges, but at a certain point when izaro/map bosses aren't hard wouldn't zerk be QOL?

Just wondering if you have done any numbers/had any ideas about it.
Last edited by etherealflamezxc on Nov 15, 2019, 11:14:36 AM
"
DaDreads wrote:
Have you considered going Slayer / Berserker for Scion instead of Slayer / Raider? The slayer would give you the leech over cap to manage the rage from the zerker which would give you more movespeed etc throughout labs/maps.

The only reason I feel like raider would be good is for bosses because of the frenzy charges, but at a certain point when izaro/map bosses aren't hard wouldn't zerk be QOL?

Just wondering if you have done any numbers/had any ideas about it.

Scion's Berserker rage is based on kill which is not reliable against boss fights whereas Raider gives consistent frenzy + onslaught, which is why Raider is still preferred.

"
What about mfing on this buld?
Just want leveling/farming with cyclone to 90+
And then maybe respec to range buld with windriper.

Yes. You can certainly wear 2 x Ventor rings. If you want to use Bisco amulet, Avatar of Fire skill tree will fit it nicely.

You can also go for Chieftain version of the build for MF since you can use any amulet for that.
Hello Kira!

I ran your Slayer version last league which was fun.

I want to make a pure Uber Lab only version this league so I'll be using another character to unlock lab and to do maps with, however I was wondering if you have a QotF version?

As I want to be as fast as possible movement speed wise with my Ngamahu. So I've been thinking about going Ascendant Slayer - Raider or Slayer - Pathfinder. Have you tried your build with QotF for Uber Lab does it work well or not at all?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info