[3.15] For Scion - Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

"
SirLimbo wrote:
Hello Kira!

I ran your Slayer version last league which was fun.

I want to make a pure Uber Lab only version this league so I'll be using another character to unlock lab and to do maps with, however I was wondering if you have a QotF version?

As I want to be as fast as possible movement speed wise with my Ngamahu. So I've been thinking about going Ascendant Slayer - Raider or Slayer - Pathfinder. Have you tried your build with QotF for Uber Lab does it work well or not at all?

I have not tried QotF with the build before but it shouldn't have any issue. It has better mobility but loses out in terms of damage when compare with Bronn's Lithe.

I would still recommend Slayer + Raider for end game but if your focus is Uber lab, then Slayer + Pathfinder should be fine. :)
I took the trees and the equipment suggestions and put them into PoB for you.

https://pastebin.com/45T0gcxL

Looking over it, it looks like you get more from getting 12% attack speed, 12% armour/evasion, and 8% life from the duelist nodes than the 46% phys and 15 STR between scion and the life wheel.
Last edited by meep_42 on Mar 3, 2018, 9:26:07 PM
"
meep_42 wrote:

Looking over it, it looks like you get more from getting 12% attack speed, 12% armour/evasion, and 8% life from the duelist nodes than the 46% phys and 15 STR between scion and the life wheel.

At level 90, starting nodes from Duelist gives more damage but when you hit level 95, starting nodes from Scion will give more.

Since the damage difference isn't huge, I feel it was too much hassle to branch from Duelist starting point. :)
POE Planner is working for me now. Seems pretty strange that it just randomly started working. I Haven't finished the build yet as I still need some gear. But so far it's a lot of fun to play.
"
meep_42 wrote:

I see you put in a Fireborn jewel bottom middle, does that even do anything, at all for the build? We're already converting 100% Phys anyway

E: Don't know about others but I'm rolling this this league, I tried the Slayer+Raider route and it just wasn't for me, the extra damage from frenzy+onslaught really only applies on rares/uniques unless I get some way to obtain frenzy charges on hit. Poacher's Mark + Cospri's seems like a somewhat enticing option but makes the non-leveling swap seem harder to obtain. Maybe The Red Trail or Green Dream/Nightmare if I take some res near scion, but just doesn't seem worth it to me for only that.

I switched to Path Finder and have had a much easier time as it were. Obviously not for everyone, but is there something I'm missing in Frenzy generation Ishould be doing to make it worth it, or is it worth it just to have Onslaught/Frenzy charges on bosses/rares usually?
Last edited by Penetros on Mar 7, 2018, 10:46:35 PM
"
Penetros wrote:

I switched to Path Finder and have had a much easier time as it were. Obviously not for everyone, but is there something I'm missing in Frenzy generation Ishould be doing to make it worth it, or is it worth it just to have Onslaught/Frenzy charges on bosses/rares usually?

I'm using blood rage for the frenzy generation.
Last edited by TheVilifi on Mar 8, 2018, 1:52:03 AM
"
Penetros wrote:
"
meep_42 wrote:

I see you put in a Fireborn jewel bottom middle, does that even do anything, at all for the build? We're already converting 100% Phys anyway

E: Don't know about others but I'm rolling this this league, I tried the Slayer+Raider route and it just wasn't for me, the extra damage from frenzy+onslaught really only applies on rares/uniques unless I get some way to obtain frenzy charges on hit. Poacher's Mark + Cospri's seems like a somewhat enticing option but makes the non-leveling swap seem harder to obtain. Maybe The Red Trail or Green Dream/Nightmare if I take some res near scion, but just doesn't seem worth it to me for only that.

Yeah, it does literally nothing. I threw in all the uniques OP mentioned, didn't really set up the items very much.
Some questions:

1. Am i right we dont have onslaught? Cause i dont see onslaught buff when i have 4 frenzy charges (3 default + 1 from tree). Did i miss something? Or onslaught need 7 (or 8) frenzy charges which is impossible to get?
2. How to generate frenzy charges? I almost dont have it with your gems setup. So i drop cwdt 4 red links and use blood rage.
3. If i must use blood rage which 4 gem links should i use instead of cwdt setup? For example Blood rage + 3 link (cwdt + something like vortex of frost wall or molten core?)
"
inferno_poe wrote:
Some questions:

1. Am i right we dont have onslaught? Cause i dont see onslaught buff when i have 4 frenzy charges (3 default + 1 from tree). Did i miss something? Or onslaught need 7 (or 8) frenzy charges which is impossible to get?
2. How to generate frenzy charges? I almost dont have it with your gems setup. So i drop cwdt 4 red links and use blood rage.
3. If i must use blood rage which 4 gem links should i use instead of cwdt setup? For example Blood rage + 3 link (cwdt + something like vortex of frost wall or molten core?)

Ans 1: Onslaught buff though doesn't show up on the bar, it is in fact activated when you have maximum frenzy charges. Likely a UI bug.

Ans 2: When you are fighting rare and unique mobs (bosses), you will automatically generate the charges. That is sufficient for all content since white and blue mobs pretty much just die instantly.

Ans 3: Pretty much personal preferences. The guide is just to provide a general guideline and you can definitely mix and match the various gems and link them up.

However, you do not want to link support gems with multiplier to auras as that will make them reserve more mana pool.
raider bad choice is better mentalist

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info