[3.15] For Scion - Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

Morning to you all

League is on its last legs.

Just a question Watchers Eye with the two anger rolls.

I have Watchers Eye Anger with one Anger roll. With this roll "Gain % physical damage as Extra Fire damage when affected by Anger" gave me approx. 10KDPS.

Getting the other roll does it increase DPS or not is it 35Ex worth having it?
Last edited by jgundlach on Feb 17, 2018, 12:13:20 AM
"
jgundlach wrote:
Morning to you all

League is on its last legs.

Just a question Watchers Eye with the two anger rolls.

I have Watchers Eye Anger with one Anger roll. With this roll "Gain % physical damage as Extra Fire damage when affected by Anger" gave me approx. 10KDPS.

Getting the other roll does it increase DPS or not is it 35Ex worth having it?

Extra fire adds around 15% damage on Shaper.

Fire penetration adds around 10% damage on Shaper.

10% more damage for 35ex is not worth it in my opinion but if you are pushing for min/max and have the currency to spend, then why not?
Hello

Did some small change to build.

In the CWDT setup replaced "Enduring Cry" with "Molten Shell".

Because I'm using the "Red Dream Jewel.

Or is there a better gem to replace "Molten Shell" with?
Hello

Is there any chance I could use Magic Find items with this build.

Tnx in advance.
"
jgundlach wrote:
Hello

Did some small change to build.

In the CWDT setup replaced "Enduring Cry" with "Molten Shell".

Because I'm using the "Red Dream Jewel.

Or is there a better gem to replace "Molten Shell" with?

Molten Shell will be good if you have a high level CWDT gem. Otherwise you can go for Vaal Haste.

"
jgundlach wrote:
Hello

Is there any chance I could use Magic Find items with this build.

Tnx in advance.

Definitely viable to wear 2 x Ventor rings. Bisco, if you are on Avatar of Fire skill tree is viable too.

If you are using Xoph's Blood, switching to Bisco will take a hit on the damage side but should still be fine running T15 maps (boss fights will take longer to end).
do you still have the elementalist version of this?

I have a friend planning on the slayer version.
And I was looking at the Elementalist revisions for bestiary, and noticed... Herald of ash.. attack speed... tri golem.. or elem leech.. uh.. ATTACK WITCH!

So I was pitching to him, Ngamahu's cyclone Elementalist.
But wanted a build to look at first, to compare numbers, etc. Seeing you had a previous version of Elementalist, I am curious what it looked like.

Edit:or, no I was misreading. scion ascendant:championxelemenalist.

side note..
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vulconus
attack Elementalist sounds amazing as well...
Last edited by Casia on Feb 26, 2018, 11:36:19 AM
"
Casia wrote:
do you still have the elementalist version of this?

I have a friend planning on the slayer version.
And I was looking at the Elementalist revisions for bestiary, and noticed... Herald of ash.. attack speed... tri golem.. or elem leech.. uh.. ATTACK WITCH!

So I was pitching to him, Ngamahu's cyclone Elementalist.
But wanted a build to look at first, to compare numbers, etc. Seeing you had a previous version of Elementalist, I am curious what it looked like.

Edit:or, no I was misreading. scion ascendant:championxelemenalist.

side note..
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vulconus
attack Elementalist sounds amazing as well...

I am still waiting for @Bex_GGG to reveal Scion ascendancy changes.

For Elementalist version of this build, it is using the same skill tree except:

"
Elementalist instead of Raider, and without picking frenzy charge on skill tree.

Yes. Vulconus is indeed an interesting weapon. Fire conversion Blade Flurry should be good with that dagger.

Main downside will be the weapon's low base attack speed of 1.2 APS. You will need to invest heavily on attack speed.
What are the Pros and Cons compare to Chieftain for 3.2 starter? Thanks! Played your slayer build on 3.1 really enjoyed it.
"
TroubleMakeer wrote:
What are the Pros and Cons compare to Chieftain for 3.2 starter? Thanks! Played your slayer build on 3.1 really enjoyed it.

Chieftain version of the build will be the cheapest to gear because you don't need Xoph's Blood for the build. Furthermore, it is not restricted by Avatar of Fire so any extra elemental damage that you gain from gears (shaper/elder amulet) or flasks will directly benefit the build.

As for Scion version, Overleech and Culling Strike from Slayer is a huge QOL. Coupled with free frenzy charges from Raider. The mapping speed should generally be better than Chieftain but have to wait till 3.2 to hit to be sure.
It looks like this build got a pretty nice buff with the ascendant changes:

Slayer-Ascendant changes
Culling strike - added
20% increased dmg while leeching - added
20% increased AOE if you've killed recently - added
40% increase against rares/uniques - removed
stun mobs on full life - removed

Raider-AScendant changes:
20% increased atk speed - added

The 40% increase against rares/uniques is a bummer, but I think everything else balances it out pretty well. I guess the net is a better overall mapper, a bit of a nerf or about the same for boss killing.

Do you all think the atk speed increase is actually a net buff even against bosses?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info