3.0 Fundamental flaws haven't changed

Dekar, your post is right on the spot. Probably the people who have bots, are baiting you atm, so your topic get closed..

Do not reply at all.

"
DekarB wrote:
snip

I agree with the things you say, there are other flaws with the game too but trading takes the cake.

Only fanboys and retards that have no clue how the internet works cant see how broken trading in PoE is.

Also Trading isnt/wont get fixed because of RMT.

And the company itself probably has a say in RMT too.

6L is a different thing.

Back when PoE was fresh, 6L was the end game and the support gems were limited and mostly useless.

Now its just something to get and i still dont understand how a basic thing of the game , aka linking sockets is still so tedious when so much actual "endgame" was added.

Of course the retards that cant even finish the acts will say "6L ISNT REQUIRED" because they never saw anything past T5 maps.

Anyways as you can see from the responses, whether they are botters or not, its hopeless to say anything about the game.
Last edited by potis on Aug 13, 2017, 7:51:43 AM
"
Dekar, your post is right on the spot. Probably the people who have bots, are baiting you atm, so your topic get closed..

Do not reply at all.

RIP flame totems 2012-2017 :(
"
DekarB wrote:

"
Mikrotherion wrote:
You are rather hostile, DekarB.

That's a matter of opinion, I believe you are hostile to everybody's mental growth

lmfao
"
DekarB wrote:

"
Mikrotherion wrote:

That's a matter of opinion...

Sure it is; however, my posts (quotes of things you wrote aside) haven't been moderated and adorned with the [removed by support] tag. So it seems like my perception of what is hostile and what is not seems to be more in line with that of the majority of people here.

"

Perhaps I shouldn't have used so many words... and just made a Poll that stated "Do you want scripts/bots and bot accounts to have advantages? Yes or No."

You should have, indeed - because if you can boil your whole OP down to that, why make so many words and give us readers opportunities for misunderstandings.

To give an answer:
No, I don't want bots/ bot accounts to have advantages.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Of course the retards that cant even finish the acts will say "6L ISNT REQUIRED" because they never saw anything past T5 maps.

I mean, I am clearing T12 with a 4 link without any stresses. It's entirely possible I lucked into a decent build that covers the shortcomings of my gear and/or knowledge, though.

Maybe I'm outside the norm but I actually do like topics such as the OP brought up because it helps me understand the state of the game from many different perspectives (which is important to me). I just find personal attacks very counter-productive in what could have been a fairly good discussion. At best it devalues the perception of the poster, and at worst it diminishes the overall argument that may have actual ground to stand on otherwise. I can't imagine a scenario where anyone wins with the employed strategies here.

Just my perception of things, but what do I know. I've always had better luck with tact :)

---

For what it's worth I'm a software engineer myself and have worked in the gaming industry - I'm not a fan of bots gaining unfair advantages over humans if that is what is happening. I can't imagine anyone would be for it unless they are reaping the benefits from it.
"Life is weighted dice. You have some control over the outcome, but you'll never win if you don't roll."
Last edited by Frosthaven83 on Aug 13, 2017, 8:07:08 AM
"
"

I mean, I am clearing T12 with a 4 link without any stresses. It's entirely possible I lucked into a decent build that covers the shortcomings of my gear and/or knowledge, though.

Maybe I'm outside the norm but I actually do like topics such as the OP brought up because it helps me understand the state of the game from many different perspectives (which is important to me). I just find personal attacks very counter-productive in what could have been a fairly good discussion. At best it devalues the perception of the poster, and at worst it diminishes the overall argument that may have actual ground to stand on otherwise.

Just my perception of things, but what do I know. I've always had better luck with tact :)

---

For what it's worth I'm a software engineer myself and have worked in the gaming industry - I'm not a fan of bots gaining unfair advantages over humans if that is what is happening. I can't imagine anyone would be for it unless they are reaping the benefits from it.

Sure, i will give you an example of what is happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lPRXgsR4jc

This is a Russian RMT person, he abused a bug to farm and sell for about a year before they found out what happened during the last league.

The bug was basically, summon Skeletons forever, they despawn cause of the build, they spawn Beyond mobs (When stuff die close together, after a certain cap the Beyond triggers) and the Golems would 1 shot them.

Repeat forever with the bot, collect the loot you want to collect.

This got noticeable 1 year late because last League and the Leaguestones you could force insane Beyond mobs which dropped much better stuff, aka 24/7 killing of bosses.

Compared to paying chaos to open Beyond maps.

Now this person was just abusing the game in the smartest manner and doing RMT.

Then you add bots that control poe.trade because poe.trade has a delay while private indexers dont, and voila!

Price Fixing, RMT and everything escalated more and more.

And yes, there is a rumor going around that there is RMT happening and barely any action is taken because people are in it, and by people i dont mean the players.
Last edited by potis on Aug 13, 2017, 8:12:08 AM
It doesn't surprise me. If it can be exploited it will be exploited. That's the nature of the world we live in. It's a dark aspect of reality that is vital to be aware of when developing great software solutions for clients - and one that extends well beyond the bounds of gaming and programming.
"Life is weighted dice. You have some control over the outcome, but you'll never win if you don't roll."
Last edited by Frosthaven83 on Aug 13, 2017, 8:25:48 AM
"
potis wrote:
"
"

Maybe I'm outside the norm but I actually do like topics such as the OP brought up because it helps me understand the state of the game from many different perspectives (which is important to me). I just find personal attacks very counter-productive in what could have been a fairly good discussion. At best it devalues the perception of the poster, and at worst it diminishes the overall argument that may have actual ground to stand on otherwise.

---

Sure, i will give you an example of what is happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lPRXgsR4jc

This is a Russian RMT person, he abused a bug to farm and sell for about a year before they found out what happened during the last league.

The bug was basically, summon Skeletons forever, they despawn cause of the build, they spawn Beyond mobs (When stuff die close together, after a certain cap the Beyond triggers) and the Golems would 1 shot them.

Repeat forever with the bot, collect the loot you want to collect.

This got noticeable 1 year late because last League and the Leaguestones you could force insane Beyond mobs which dropped much better stuff, aka 24/7 killing of bosses.

Compared to paying chaos to open Beyond maps.

Now this person was just abusing the game in the smartest manner and doing RMT.

Then you add bots that control poe.trade because poe.trade has a delay while private indexers dont, and voila!

Price Fixing, RMT and everything escalated more and more.

And yes, there is a rumor going around that there is RMT happening and barely any action is taken because people are in it, and by people i dont mean the players.

+
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"
DekarB wrote:

"
Mikrotherion wrote:

That's a matter of opinion...

Sure it is; however, my posts (quotes of things you wrote aside) haven't been moderated and adorned with the [removed by support] tag. So it seems like my perception of what is hostile and what is not seems to be more in line with that of the majority of people here.

"

Perhaps I shouldn't have used so many words... and just made a Poll that stated "Do you want scripts/bots and bot accounts to have advantages? Yes or No."

You should have, indeed - because if you can boil your whole OP down to that, why make so many words and give us readers opportunities for misunderstandings.

To give an answer:
No, I don't want bots/ bot accounts to have advantages.

Your perception appears to be as faulty as your comprehension of language. Language was removed from my posts because they used swear words and most likely the specific posts were reported by an angry child as other posts with equivalent language remains untouched.

Swear words however are not intrinsically negative or positive therefore it doesn't necessarily mean what was removed was hostile. As well there are studies that show intelligent people often swear...example: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/09/27/swear-words-intelligence_n_12213206.html

[Removed by Support]

I do find comfort you finally succumbed to the fact my OP was on the side of the people and a good thing to discuss. I'm glad that when I dumbed it down a 4 year old's comprehension level of "red or blue button" you managed to press the right colour. My whole OP can not of course be boiled down to a simple yes or no [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Al_GGG on Aug 13, 2017, 9:17:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info