3.0 Fundamental flaws haven't changed

Opener
I'll be upfront and say I'm not hardcore fan, I tried the game in beta and hated it and didn't come back until Legacy League to give it a fair evaluation but even then quit after I believe 3 weeks of hard playing. Waited for this expansion and unfortunately none what I consider the game breaking problems have been fixed, partly fixed or even addressed so I can never give this game the proper thumbs up to all my friends or guildies despite how close I believe it is.

Here's the problems I see that prevent me from dumping cash and giving recommendations:

1. Manipulated Market
This is so key and such a big kick in the ass. The market is clearly corrupt, and blatantly out of control. poe.trade notifications are 5-10 minutes behind script bots that run 24/7 on bot accounts. As well the market makers use the same techniques for the last 15 years to wreck online gaming economies and this game falls victim to every single one of them.

When my casual friends ask about the game I say: Don't play it, you will never ever achieve end game gear, you will maybe get 1 piece of semi-end game gear if you grind for months or get lucky. Your experience ends at Tier 10 mapping or sooner.

When my hardcore friends ask me about the game I say: You don't play PoE, you play the market. research and master 3rd party programs or forever be behind end game. After you finish playing PoE Market Manipulation online you can then try your hand at PoE the game.

I have watched this season already various pieces of gear that are common enough to be listed frequently go from 5c to 35c solely based on resellers. They aren't even really selling them at the price they are just holding them there for the last 3 days because eventually people will give in. I see the same names reselling the same pieces of gear constantly. I have tested msging people within .6 seconds of a listing and it's already sold, I investigated the scripts and the timing of the sales from the sellers and it's retarded...simple as that.

There is so much more wrong with the market than just the scripts/bots, bot accounts and resellers though such as how exalted orbs inflation every season...etc etc when the market makers get enough wealth to manipulate the entire currency. This issue alone is a multi-faceted problem it's hard to summarize each aspect vs each solution that people can agree upon so this is as far as I'll go with it but it is wrong in my opinion ethically and philosophically due to the many known and proven techniques to prevent it.

2. 6-Links
This game is unique for an ARPG due to the fact your skills are limited to your gear sockets sort of like FF7. I personally find that the rarity/RNG of 6-links is out of hand and can ruin many peoples experience especially leveling. The reliance on tabula rasa is ridiculous and just sucks so much joy out of leveling fresh. So many builds not only require 6-link on body armor but as well 6-link weapons so much so that people just stop playing the game when they realize they chose a path that brick walled them because of RNG. I personally during Legacy League spent 360 chaos orb equivalent to try and 6-link a two-hand weapon and still failed...so much so I just made a BoR build just so I didn't have to deal with that bull shit ever again.

I'm aware of the arguments and I just disagree with their points. To me it's simple, 6-links shouldn't be that costly or rare. The only purpose of the links is to help people use their skills, it doesn't mean the weapons or armor they have will be perfect or even good but it at least lets them grind in areas more appropriate to their level later in the game. To make people grind with incomplete gem sets dissuades experimentation, new players are often told to just copy/paste known builds otherwise they get brick walled and even then they still get brick walled because they chose the wrong build to follow and they quit.

Even visually I get sick of watching so many players running around in the little cultist white shirt (tabula) as if they are all about to drink the poison punch at the end. It takes away from the aesthetic and it takes away from the experience of leveling new characters and wrecks new players who don't know better.

Conclusion
For these 2 reasons I can never rate this game over 6/10, will not give ggg more money (I supported them minorly with some stash tabs), and I can't recommend to the many people I know to give this game a shot. I'll probably grind out a bit more this season but I'm already feeling the market bullshit and frankly this season isn't very interesting anyway...big step down from legacy even with 10 acts that frankly didn't add value because I had to play builds I didn't like so I can afford starter gear for another build I don't like so I can get to T1 and start grinding for a build I do like.
Last edited by DekarB on Aug 12, 2017, 7:38:40 PM
Last bumped on Aug 16, 2017, 1:14:00 PM
thos are not fundamental problems its just 2 things you dont like
market manipulation - ppl like to do it its an open market it happens in every game with a market like this some ppl play the game just for it
6 link - its suppouse to be rare and almost every build can do t15 maps on a 5 link and theres builds that were able to do shaper and uber atziri on a 5 link ( not sure after all the nerfs but there should be some) also 6 link is suppose to be that rare its one of the last upgrades your build needs
also about leveling uniques are just making it more comftrable while they will make leveling faster they are not necessary someone did shaper a day after the league started
Last edited by FloopiFloop on Aug 12, 2017, 7:58:50 PM
The game developers don't assume you're going to use a 6L, so it's a bonus for those that do... sometimes. Seriously... sometimes a 5L is better for you.
Yes those two minor problems completely break the whole game somehow, you are obviously much better off playing something else.
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.
"
DekarB wrote:
Opener
I'll be upfront and say I'm not hardcore fan, I tried the game in beta and hated it and didn't come back until Legacy League to give it a fair evaluation but even then quit after I believe 3 weeks of hard playing. Waited for this expansion and unfortunately none what I consider the game breaking problems have been fixed, partly fixed or even addressed so I can never give this game the proper thumbs up to all my friends or guildies despite how close I believe it is.

Here's the problems I see that prevent me from dumping cash and giving recommendations:

1. Manipulated Market
This is so key and such a big kick in the ass. The market is clearly corrupt, and blatantly out of control. poe.trade notifications are 5-10 minutes behind script bots that run 24/7 on bot accounts. As well the market makers use the same techniques for the last 15 years to wreck online gaming economies and this game falls victim to every single one of them.

When my casual friends ask about the game I say: Don't play it, you will never ever achieve end game gear, you will maybe get 1 piece of semi-end game gear if you grind for months or get lucky. Your experience ends at Tier 10 mapping or sooner.

When my hardcore friends ask me about the game I say: You don't play PoE, you play the market. research and master 3rd party programs or forever be behind end game. After you finish playing PoE Market Manipulation online you can then try your hand at PoE the game.

I have watched this season already various pieces of gear that are common enough to be listed frequently go from 5c to 35c solely based on resellers. They aren't even really selling them at the price they are just holding them there for the last 3 days because eventually people will give in. I see the same names reselling the same pieces of gear constantly. I have tested msging people within .6 seconds of a listing and it's already sold, I investigated the scripts and the timing of the sales from the sellers and it's retarded...simple as that.

There is so much more wrong with the market than just the scripts/bots, bot accounts and resellers though such as how exalted orbs inflation every season...etc etc when the market makers get enough wealth to manipulate the entire currency. This issue alone is a multi-faceted problem it's hard to summarize each aspect vs each solution that people can agree upon so this is as far as I'll go with it but it is wrong in my opinion ethically and philosophically due to the many known and proven techniques to prevent it.

2. 6-Links
This game is unique for an ARPG due to the fact your skills are limited to your gear sockets sort of like FF7. I personally find that the rarity/RNG of 6-links is out of hand and can ruin many peoples experience especially leveling. The reliance on tabula rasa is ridiculous and just sucks so much joy out of leveling fresh. So many builds not only require 6-link on body armor but as well 6-link weapons so much so that people just stop playing the game when they realize they chose a path that brick walled them because of RNG. I personally during Legacy League spent 360 chaos orb equivalent to try and 6-link a two-hand weapon and still failed...so much so I just made a BoR build just so I didn't have to deal with that bull shit ever again.

I'm aware of the arguments and I just disagree with their points. To me it's simple, 6-links shouldn't be that costly or rare. The only purpose of the links is to help people use their skills, it doesn't mean the weapons or armor they have will be perfect or even good but it at least lets them grind in areas more appropriate to their level later in the game. To make people grind with incomplete gem sets dissuades experimentation, new players are often told to just copy/paste known builds otherwise they get brick walled and even then they still get brick walled because they chose the wrong build to follow and they quit.

Even visually I get sick of watching so many players running around in the little cultist white shirt (tabula) as if they are all about to drink the poison punch at the end. It takes away from the aesthetic and it takes away from the experience of leveling new characters and wrecks new players who don't know better.

Conclusion
For these 2 reasons I can never rate this game over 6/10, will not give ggg more money (I supported them minorly with some stash tabs), and I can't recommend to the many people I know to give this game a shot. I'll probably grind out a bit more this season but I'm already feeling the market bullshit and frankly this season isn't very interesting anyway...big step down from legacy even with 10 acts that frankly didn't add value because I had to play builds I didn't like so I can afford starter gear for another build I don't like so I can get to T1 and start grinding for a build I do like.

1.Market.You don't like it?There is the ssf option(Solo self found.)Most items can be reasonably collected from divination cards,prophecy's and maps in the span of a 3 month league.So I see this as an excuse,if one doesn't want to engage,he/she won't.

2.6 links are accessible.Tabula satisfy 6 link needs till you switch to the gear you want.Vorici is 1500 fusings for guaranteed 6l,which is again attainable in the span of three months.Also you can do endgame also on 5l.Again an excuse in my eyes.Aesthetics,if you so value them,you could buy and support the developers,which seem to be doing something right as its rare games like this get an increase in popularity over time.

Conclusion.
Not recommending the game for the above reasons,is purely a bias towards what the game really offers.I bet you haven't even scratched the surface yet .And come on,10 acts mean nothing for progression to you?And you think all people copy "starter builds" like you?Or you think that not any skill can work?

And if you have two issues,may ask then how many positives you can find in the game?That's right,answering this question alone will show you that is a game worth of note
Bye bye desync!
Private indexers are a cancer to this game and GGG needs to step up and level the playing field considering they've made the poor choice to balance the game around everyone stalking poetrade like it was small stocks.

Links: get a tabula rasa and call it a day.

These are not the biggest issues facing PoE though.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Sure there are some market manipulators but the problem isn't nearly as big as the OP claims it to be. I have not had any issues getting the items I wanted to buy, I frequently get to sell my items and most of the manipulators are so easy to recognize that you just browse past them and bid on the item that is reasonably priced. The exalted orb price creep is simply because late game people actually start gambling and using the exalts -> prices go up.

Other than this I completely disagree with original poster on everything he says. I guess he should just find a game that suits him and not a GRINDIG GEAR game. YES you actually have to work for your loot. Sheesh

6 links are easy to get if you have a little determination.

"
Nephalim wrote:
Private indexers are a cancer to this game and GGG needs to step up and level the playing field considering they've made the poor choice to balance the game around everyone stalking poetrade like it was small stocks.

I'll respond to you because the moron haters/fanboi's already barfed out their classic nonsense that they genuinely believe to be "points."

I never said these are the biggest issues, they are simple fundamental problems though. What that means is the developers are fine with what they have, there is no "fix" because they believe it's already correct.

When a developer refuses to address economic manipulation to the point I know some hackers and recently a hacker went public about how they paid their college tuition using scripts and third party currency selling sites...it's getting sad.

Regarding 6-link as you can see from fanboi's they philosophically believe 6-link is "supposed" to be rare and I disagree. There is literally no benefit to having it be as rare as it is, there is a bell curve for rarity vs cost and it goes too far into the cost section. It only benefits more market manipulation essentially. The two points I made go hand in hand, they aren't whiny, they aren't unreasonable and it's publicly known that it's a problem but will be defended to the end by morons and the lazy. Also there is no "tabula rasa" fix for 6-link weapons which limits many builds...can you eventually grind through of course...but so many builds fall apart unnecessarily early because of simple price.

Also people who deny the inflation are just bad at math, Legacy League exalted orbs spiked in value by 30 chaos in 3 days. That isn't natural inflation or some long leaning statistical inevitability especially since it crashes a few weeks later. Things that make people cash in, just because many aren't privy to the amount of currency exchange happening during those windows doesn't mean some kid didn't walk away with $5,000+ USD by the end of that week.
Last edited by DekarB on Aug 12, 2017, 8:34:54 PM
Most builds use a chest piece unless you want 6 links to be an easier option for koam's heart user.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
DekarB wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

I'll respond to you because the moron haters/fanboi's already barfed out their classic nonsense that they genuinely believe to be "points."

I never said these are the biggest issues, they are simple fundamental problems though. What that means is the developers are fine with what they have, there is no "fix" because they believe it's already correct.

When a developer refuses to address economic manipulation to the point I know some hackers and recently a hacker went public about how they paid their college tuition using scripts and third party currency selling sites...it's getting sad.

Regarding 6-link as you can see from fanboi's they philosophically believe 6-link is "supposed" to be rare and I disagree. There is literally no benefit to having it be as rare as it is, there is a bell curve for rarity vs cost and it goes too far into the cost section. It only benefits more market manipulation essentially. The two points I made go hand in hand, they aren't whiny, they aren't unreasonable and it's publicly known that it's a problem but will be defended to the end by morons and the lazy. Also there is no "tabula rasa" fix for 6-link weapons which limits many builds...can you eventually grind through of course...but so many builds fall apart unnecessarily early because of simple price.

Also people who deny the inflation are just bad at math, Legacy League exalted orbs spiked in value by 30 chaos in 3 days. That isn't natural inflation or some long leaning statistical inevitability especially since it crashes a few weeks later. Things that make people cash in, just because many aren't privy to the amount of currency exchange happening during those windows doesn't mean some kid didn't walk away with $5,000+ USD by the end of that week.

I like that your counter argument is essentially "whoever disagrees with me is fanboy".

I gave you reasons and practical applications and you talk about philosophies.

Really classy behavior.Next time put a tldr saying that whatever you say is the only truth and shouldn't be discussed.

Have fun.
Bye bye desync!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info