3.0 Fundamental flaws haven't changed

"
DekarB wrote:

I agree with OP.

If you make own indexer than bot automatically whisper seller of item, and is sold sometimes earlier than it appears on poe.trade.
Reselling items is imo ok, but only if all has equal chances, what is not truth in PoE.

Regards 6L - yes, its currency consuming. Tabula look awful.

I spent whole day today on poe.trade and earned cca 10ex to buy some items and go a bit higher in map tiers. I think I will finish build today, but only due poe.trade. I gave a try to farm Atziri, but to play only one map is simply not for me.

gl
Last edited by Rexeos on Aug 13, 2017, 3:15:43 AM
"
Mikrotherion wrote:

This game has been holding my interest as a casual gamer for 4 and some years now.
But it very much depends on what you want from a game.

Conclusion:
This game is not for you. Pity, but there are probably other games out there that might fit the bill.

[Removed by Support]

"
Mikrotherion wrote:

You, OP, obviously want to get straight to endgame and beat it.

1. Wrong - you have no idea what I want...this is the first straw-man point.

"
Mikrotherion wrote:

And here it is that views differ: While people like me either ignore this hardest of content or try to grind for better gear until they actually can do it, rejoicing each time they see some progress...etc

2. Wrong - You don't know my views therefore you don't know if our views "differ."

"
Mikrotherion wrote:
...people like you think the game is fundamentally flawed, because you cannot reach said content, much less complete it with little to no effort. This is not meant as an insult, it's just two different mindsets at approaching the game.
Is that a fundamental flaw in the game - imo not.

3. Wrong - I don't think the game is "fundamentally flawed" I believe the game has fundamental flaws within it. [Removed by Support] Saying the game is fundamentally flawed and then nothing else implies an infinite amount of possibilities. I merely listed 1 specific over arching flaw (market manipulation via scripts, bots and bot accounts) while also detailing a sub-specific flaw within it (6-link price vs time and how the bell curve is so ridiculous most people just buy it which enables more market pricing wars).
So to answer your "is that a fundamental flaw in the game - imo not" = you invented an opinion, applied it to me, contradicted it and acknowledged your opinion is different....[Removed by Support]

Straw fucken man. Straw-man...please for the love of god people google the meaning of that because it's wildfire on forums and [Removed by Support]

"
Mikrotherion wrote:

As for 6L - well, they are a bit on the rare side. However, for levelling you don't need a 6L. A 4L will get you to maps no problem, a 5L will get you to maps more easily and into maps as well (as will a 4L).
Unlike 6L, a 5L can easily be found, bought, made with Vorici's bench. Once you're in Acts 9-10, 6S will start dropping, which can be sold for 7 Jeweller's Orbs and Vorici has this bro deal going for fusings.
So I agree, for a casual a 6L is really something that needs patience (or luck) - anything below 6L is easy.
Levelling uniques also exist and they are, as far as I am aware, quite cheap even on the manipulated market.

4. Who cares, you are speaking irrelevance &
5. Wrong - huge assumption. "once you are in act 9-10 6L starts dropping"...ahh no. That is called RNG...not a fact. [Removed by Support] nobody mentioned one time what you can do to level. [Removed by Support]

Remember the topic is...Market Manipulation is a fundamental flaw...how far you have strayed...thank you [Removed by Support] who derailed. Any response against my post condones market manipulation whether you mean to or not [Removed by Support]...either way not my problem.

Only [Removed by Support] can't even admit "oh hey yeah market manipulation is bad." It doesn't fucken matter if it doesn't affect you and your casual crap play style, it doesn't matter if you enjoy sucking crap because your time has no value due to crap real life, it doesn't matter there are options to spend 10 extra years to accomplish the same thing another person can do in a week. Either you think it's a bad thing, you think it's a good thing, [Removed by Support]

"
Mikrotherion wrote:

So the two things that you call "fundamental flaws" aren't that fundamental after all - depending on how you play the game.
You obviously want to play the game in a manner that makes these two things fundamental flaws.

Lastly it brings us to this...#6. Wrong for reasons mentioned above. [Removed by Support]

Your welcome, PoE 6/10, no real end-game, get over it...I did and here I dabble regardless.
Last edited by Scott_GGG on Aug 13, 2017, 6:04:23 AM
I don't get why people answer with play ssf.

Lets start how this game is advertised:
Spoiler
Path of Exile is an online Action RPG set in the dark fantasy world of Wraeclast. It is designed around a strong online item economy, deep character customisation, competitive PvP and ladder races. The game is completely free and will never be "pay to win".

That should say enough, doesn't it?

With the development of the api ggg broke their own game and need to watch the balance carefully.

You definite dont need a 6L IME. 3L is fine for red maps even

Two of these for 1 alc each with fire trap and flame surge for boss will wipe everything out until Uberlab. I should know I level this way like everytime. and use a real chest. fuck tabula.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Aug 13, 2017, 4:23:33 AM
Dude the game is clearly not for you if you pick these things as fundamental flaws. Just stop spaming the forums and looking for a argument. You will obviously get one considering you are on the forum of the game that generally people that love it are.

What is your goal even? Converting people to your beliefs? It's not going to happen buddy so be on your way. Most people here love the game with it's "flaws" because the good aspect outweigh them.

I am a casual gamer and I never had any trouble in any league I played to get to where i wanted to get both in trading and getting a 6L. And YOU DO NOT need a 6L. I am doing T15 on my character in Harbinger on a 5L (yes only one 5L) feel free to check my profile. It's one week in the league and I have enough currency and good items to build a boss killer in 2 days if I want.

You mentioned you played 3 weeks heavy to make this review: you clearly had no clue what you were doing if in 3 weeks you could not get far. You played Legacy as well and that was the easiest league ever.

The game is not for you. we get it you rate it 6/10 and you will not budge in that decision. Your work here is done. We don't agree and won't agree. Stop trying/crying. Move along.

Good luck in your future endeavors.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
If you complain about a strawman, what kind of experience are you looking for in this game?

Personally, I don't feel the market bots that much. When I start a league I think about a few builds and how to gear them up. Then I look how much the items will cost. The steady progression is something I enjoy and I feel most build enabling items are attainable after one day of farming. If you are looking to get to the end game, there are builds you can use on a 5 link as well. Hardcore of course always has a stronger ceiling if you don't do a Tier 1 or 2 build.
I'm fine with playing with my own creations and try to get as far as possible with it, see where I did something wrong and make the next build more efficient while still making an unique build maybe only a handful of people are playing. So what are you looking for? Do you mind playing popular skills? If not, 6 links are not a problem. What kind of uniques and rares do you want to buy?
I'm actually pretty happy of the state of prices in Poe right now. It is not that hard to grind like in Diablo 2 and not so dull like in Korean RPG's. If I want to buy an expensive unique, it is within my reach after a few days of farming. Maybe my experience of this game differs greatly from yours, but I'm curious.
OP, the only point I'll agree with is that Trading SUCKS big time.

However..!

You only need a 5L to kill the guardians ( shaper, too probably ) and ZERO Op items. Of course different builds have different effectiveness but you can even play SSF and just do almost all of the game content without too much sweat.

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
If you really must have a 6-link and you dont like RNG?

1. Trade to get one, they seem to be cheaper then ever.

2. Let Vorici craft it for 1.5k fuses

3. Trade to get the 6-link prophecy.

I mean there are options, so I don't see the issue here. 6 link is supposed to be hard to obtain.
Re 6L: I'm fairly new to the game (a baby by some standards). The most I have going for me right now is a 4 link and I'm clearing t12 maps without any issues (hell my resists are garbage and I'm barely above 4k life). I feel like you might be putting way too much stock into the necessity of 6 links.

The rest I won't comment on, because as I stated I'm too new to have a fair perspective on those topics :)
"Life is weighted dice. You have some control over the outcome, but you'll never win if you don't roll."
Last edited by Frosthaven83 on Aug 13, 2017, 5:09:55 AM
Thank you all for "enlightening me" on your abstract stupidity and blind pride of this so called "community" but again morons of a feather clearly flock together.

Allow me to summarize this whole thread:

OP - DekarB: Market Manipulation is bad here is why...etc.

Reply 1 - FloopiFloop: Dekar is wrong but some do manipulate market. Also 6-link supposed to be stupid rare therefore market manipulation is good.

Reply 2 - Shagsbeard: Devs don't want you to use 6-link, 5-link is better in some cases therefore market manipulation is good.

Reply 3 - zagibu: it doesn't affect me much therefore market manipulation is good, also you should play a different game.

Reply 4 - elwindakos: don't like market play SSF! Want 6-link then GRIND! Therefore market manipulation is good.

Reply 5 - Nephalim: market manipulation is bad but doesn't affect me much so fuck it.

Reply 6 - Arknath: market manipulation doesn't affect me much so it's ok that is exists and therefore I completely disagree with everything OP says and he should play a different game.

Reply 7 - DekarB: Everybody is a moron that uses straw-man arguments

Reply 8 - Nephalim: *Off topic advice to nobody about nothing

Reply 9 - elwindakos: [Removed by Support]

[Removed by Support]

Reply 14 - SGOR: SSF exists therefore market manipulation is good

Reply 15 - NeoG: [Removed by Support] therefore market manipulation is good

Reply 16 - Slaanesh69: I agree, market manipulation is bad

Reply 17 - FCK42: I expected one thing but since I enjoy grind market manipulation is good

Reply 18 - DekarB: Grinding doesn't solve market manipulation

[Removed by Support]

Reply 20 - Rexeos: Market manipulation is bad

[Removed by Support]

Reply 22 - pifpep: I don't understand why people use straw-man, market manipulation is bad

Reply 23 - Aim_Deep: Here are items for specific build therefore market manipulation is good

[Removed by Support]

Reply 25 - Anander: I don't understand you, market manipulation doesn't affect me therefore market manipulation is good

Reply 26 - EKTELESTES: Trading sucks, you don't need 6-link to beat boss and SSF is option therefore market manipulation is good

Reply 27 - WickedSausage: Here's how to get 6-link therefore market manipulation is good

Reply 28 - dreamstate83: I'm new but do T12 maps therefore market manipulation is good.

[Removed by Support] it's not the game it's apparently the players. There are a lot of dumb communities out there, lots of trolls...etc [Removed by Support] There was literally only 3 people who understood the subject of this post and the rest went off topic with either irrelevant assumptions or straw man bullshit. There will be no actual debates about solutions to the problems purposed as people still have no idea what the subject is lol. It has been a good laugh but I just changed my review from 6/10 to 4/10...[Removed by Support]

Last edited by Scott_GGG on Aug 13, 2017, 6:11:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info