3.0 Fundamental flaws haven't changed

To the people saying you can do end game with a 5 link thats flat out mis-information if you cant afford a 6 link there is no way on earth you could afford to the buy the gear you would need to cover that weakness. Unless, unless you are using a broken build that GGG doesnt know about.

To kill shaper you need top end gear or a broken build but normally good gear and a good build.
Look at last league how many SSF players killed shaper with a non broken build?
"Blue warrior shot the food"
"
maxor wrote:
To the people saying you can do end game with a 5 link thats flat out mis-information if you cant afford a 6 link there is no way on earth you could afford to the buy the gear you would need to cover that weakness. Unless, unless you are using a broken build that GGG doesnt know about.

To kill shaper you need top end gear or a broken build but normally good gear and a good build.

Nah. You only need power if you haven't learned how to do without it. Once you learn the game and how to avoid damage for the most part, it becomes far less important that you have a 6L skill. In fact, it would be pretty easy to test: Take a gem out of your 6L and play for a while. You will find that play skill can easily make up for the loss.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
maxor wrote:

Nah. You only need power if you haven't learned how to do without it. Once you learn the game and how to avoid damage for the most part, it becomes far less important that you have a 6L skill. In fact, it would be pretty easy to test: Take a gem out of your 6L and play for a while. You will find that play skill can easily make up for the loss.

Those things dont occur in a vacuum though its not like you are taking Kripp giving him rubbish gear and crappy build and saying ok here the map kill shaper.

We are taking about the OP or new players. Ive played this (as you have) since the good old days of whole screen shock nova. The new 3.0 players have not and they look at the state of the game now and are confused on how the trading issue is tolerated by the players.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
It is so much easier to get a 6 link in this game now compared to ever before. The WoW-generation is flowing in and setting their demands of "I want all the gear with minimum amount of work and all that disagree should be ashamed". NO! This game is not for you if you want your hand held all the way. You have to work for your gear. Stop trying to make the game less exciting for the people already enjoying it. Spending fuses is a gamble and no gamble is fun if you cannot get a sweet rare outcome. It is the whole point of the game to find better gear and gradually improve your character. Making it even easier to obtain stuff would kill the interest so fast.
Last edited by arknath on Aug 16, 2017, 11:53:07 AM
"
DekarB wrote:
Opener
1. Manipulated Market
This is so key and such a big kick in the ass. The market is clearly corrupt, and blatantly out of control. poe.trade notifications are 5-10 minutes behind script bots that run 24/7 on bot accounts. As well the market makers use the same techniques for the last 15 years to wreck online gaming economies and this game falls victim to every single one of them.

When my casual friends ask about the game I say: Don't play it, you will never ever achieve end game gear, you will maybe get 1 piece of semi-end game gear if you grind for months or get lucky. Your experience ends at Tier 10 mapping or sooner.

When my hardcore friends ask me about the game I say: You don't play PoE, you play the market. research and master 3rd party programs or forever be behind end game. After you finish playing PoE Market Manipulation online you can then try your hand at PoE the game.

I have watched this season already various pieces of gear that are common enough to be listed frequently go from 5c to 35c solely based on resellers. They aren't even really selling them at the price they are just holding them there for the last 3 days because eventually people will give in. I see the same names reselling the same pieces of gear constantly. I have tested msging people within .6 seconds of a listing and it's already sold, I investigated the scripts and the timing of the sales from the sellers and it's retarded...simple as that.

There is so much more wrong with the market than just the scripts/bots, bot accounts and resellers though such as how exalted orbs inflation every season...etc etc when the market makers get enough wealth to manipulate the entire currency. This issue alone is a multi-faceted problem it's hard to summarize each aspect vs each solution that people can agree upon so this is as far as I'll go with it but it is wrong in my opinion ethically and philosophically due to the many known and proven techniques to prevent it.

Yea, market is shit, and they keep refusing to add auction shop so that market manipulation, price fixing and other mombo-jombo wont have chance to go away ever just because "SOME" players like to visit others hideouts or some shit.
Any player can design a build that works,
but it takes a casual player to design a build that barely works.
"
DekarB wrote:
Opener
I'll be upfront and say I'm not hardcore fan, I tried the game in beta and hated it and didn't come back until Legacy League to give it a fair evaluation but even then quit after I believe 3 weeks of hard playing. Waited for this expansion and unfortunately none what I consider the game breaking problems have been fixed, partly fixed or even addressed so I can never give this game the proper thumbs up to all my friends or guildies despite how close I believe it is.

Here's the problems I see that prevent me from dumping cash and giving recommendations:

1. Manipulated Market
This is so key and such a big kick in the ass. The market is clearly corrupt, and blatantly out of control. poe.trade notifications are 5-10 minutes behind script bots that run 24/7 on bot accounts. As well the market makers use the same techniques for the last 15 years to wreck online gaming economies and this game falls victim to every single one of them.

When my casual friends ask about the game I say: Don't play it, you will never ever achieve end game gear, you will maybe get 1 piece of semi-end game gear if you grind for months or get lucky. Your experience ends at Tier 10 mapping or sooner.

When my hardcore friends ask me about the game I say: You don't play PoE, you play the market. research and master 3rd party programs or forever be behind end game. After you finish playing PoE Market Manipulation online you can then try your hand at PoE the game.

I have watched this season already various pieces of gear that are common enough to be listed frequently go from 5c to 35c solely based on resellers. They aren't even really selling them at the price they are just holding them there for the last 3 days because eventually people will give in. I see the same names reselling the same pieces of gear constantly. I have tested msging people within .6 seconds of a listing and it's already sold, I investigated the scripts and the timing of the sales from the sellers and it's retarded...simple as that.

There is so much more wrong with the market than just the scripts/bots, bot accounts and resellers though such as how exalted orbs inflation every season...etc etc when the market makers get enough wealth to manipulate the entire currency. This issue alone is a multi-faceted problem it's hard to summarize each aspect vs each solution that people can agree upon so this is as far as I'll go with it but it is wrong in my opinion ethically and philosophically due to the many known and proven techniques to prevent it.

2. 6-Links
This game is unique for an ARPG due to the fact your skills are limited to your gear sockets sort of like FF7. I personally find that the rarity/RNG of 6-links is out of hand and can ruin many peoples experience especially leveling. The reliance on tabula rasa is ridiculous and just sucks so much joy out of leveling fresh. So many builds not only require 6-link on body armor but as well 6-link weapons so much so that people just stop playing the game when they realize they chose a path that brick walled them because of RNG. I personally during Legacy League spent 360 chaos orb equivalent to try and 6-link a two-hand weapon and still failed...so much so I just made a BoR build just so I didn't have to deal with that bull shit ever again.

I'm aware of the arguments and I just disagree with their points. To me it's simple, 6-links shouldn't be that costly or rare. The only purpose of the links is to help people use their skills, it doesn't mean the weapons or armor they have will be perfect or even good but it at least lets them grind in areas more appropriate to their level later in the game. To make people grind with incomplete gem sets dissuades experimentation, new players are often told to just copy/paste known builds otherwise they get brick walled and even then they still get brick walled because they chose the wrong build to follow and they quit.

Even visually I get sick of watching so many players running around in the little cultist white shirt (tabula) as if they are all about to drink the poison punch at the end. It takes away from the aesthetic and it takes away from the experience of leveling new characters and wrecks new players who don't know better.

Conclusion
For these 2 reasons I can never rate this game over 6/10, will not give ggg more money (I supported them minorly with some stash tabs), and I can't recommend to the many people I know to give this game a shot. I'll probably grind out a bit more this season but I'm already feeling the market bullshit and frankly this season isn't very interesting anyway...big step down from legacy even with 10 acts that frankly didn't add value because I had to play builds I didn't like so I can afford starter gear for another build I don't like so I can get to T1 and start grinding for a build I do like.

It is rare for me to be so amused OP. I really hope you aren't banned from the forums yet, as I get bored at work.

You know why people posted so many "straw man" arguments? It's because you made them all here in the first post. It is pretty clear that the only thing you care about is end game gear, but then your definition of said gear is not even laid out. Is it mirror level rares? Is it the ephemeral edge dusk sword that I used last league to kill the Shaper? We are too free to decide what it is and then too free to tell you how easy it is to get.

Casual players can get a decent build way faster than your prescribed 10 years, and hardcore flippers get rich way faster than you think, too. As someone who is definitely a casual player, I disagree with everything you have said. I was able to complete all content last league in standard and a good deal of it in hardcore without playing the trade scam game. I think that the people who dominate the trade market give us a stable economy. They get rich (in a game) and I get easy benchmarks for price. The game is supposed to have a reasonable amount of time invested to reach the end, and I think the journey is fun each time I give it a go. Loot drops, I level a character, and somehow by about level 80 I have usually overcome the loot problem just by picking things up along the way.

I don't think three weeks is a good frame of time to really appreciate the game as a casual player. Leagues are three months for a reason, and if you actually want a good feel for the end game, you will most likely need way more than 3 weeks. I can more than safely say you are not even close if you honestly believe that you can get 5 characters to level 100 before getting a 6 link.

So I disagree. If you were a little more specific about what your build is and what you need, people could probably help a whole lot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info