3.0 Fundamental flaws haven't changed

Quoting/linking to huffingtonpost deserves a lifelong ban.
Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink
Last edited by Kwonryu on Aug 13, 2017, 12:00:28 PM
That's the thing though, the people you are saying stop because they can't get a 6 link, yet you yourself say you can clear T15 content with a 4 link, implying really that they're quitting cos they can't get the shiny rather than their ability to progress being hampered by this mechanic. The game isn't the problem there I'm afraid...

Yes, capping resistances is easy, less so on SSF where I play, but my point is about demanding 'maximum rolls' be easy. Not always the case if your build requires several uniques, then it can become an issue. This is where the comparison lies, because not all builds demand a 6 link, but all builds do demand maximum resistances.

EDIT: I used you're instead of your, grrrr.
Last edited by scrollo on Aug 13, 2017, 12:16:23 PM
"
G0rr wrote:
Btw, capping resistances is laughable easy already.

If your gear consists mostly of rare items that is. On unique heavy builds, especially when also using items like "Crown of eyes", "Immortal flesh", "The perfect form" or "Choir of the storm", capping resists can be quite a challenge, let alone overcapping for high tier elemental weakness maps. Sometimes even rather heavy investment in resists in the skill tree is needed in that case.
So while capping resists is easy for most builds, it isn't for some. Also, the elemental damage in the game is balanced around the fact that you have 75% resistances, even during the acts. Thus the game effectively tells you that it is necessary to have the resistances capped, which is precisely why they are so readily available.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
G0rr wrote:
I am never salty for more than 10 minutes when things like that happen.

But many leagues before I had cases where people I am playing with stop playing because of this nonsense mechanic. Especially with all those 6L cards available, there is not a single reason why self linking should be that hard.

I would rather see people playing 3-4 chars over league length and not collecting fuses whole 3 months for that one chest.
That way there will be maybe more then 100 people playing last month in league duration.

Btw, capping resistances is laughable easy already.

So because YOUR friends stopped playing due to the fact they did not know how to play the game to obtain a 6L this should become easily accessible? Are they somehow a special niche of people that are essential for the game in such a way that this mechanic needs to be changed for you? NO. None of us are.

Especially because the cards are available it should not be easy to link yourself. The cards give you access to a full linked spell at the sacrifice of the special stuff your fancy unique chest gives you. Or you use your fancy unique with a 5. Choices bring beauty to the game. If every powerful unique chest is a easy 6L no one would use anything else. EVER.

Notice how I ignore the getting by yourself a 6L in every context? Nonsense. There are many ways to obtain one and if you restrict yourself, like I do, to self link IT IS YOUR CHOICE. Don't blame the game for it.

I explained clearly why a 6L is rare. scrollo explained it even better. You refuse to understand the logic and how the game systems are intended to work.

Stop trying to make POE easy kills, easy loot, easy 6L, etc. This is the only game with this difficulty flavor most of us enjoy.

If you want easy there are plenty of games that give you everything you demand in POE. Go play those.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
^
I think that you think that you know more than you actually do, and that you should chill a bit with your attitude.
Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
"
G0rr wrote:
^
I think that you think that you know more than you actually do, and that you should chill a bit with your attitude.

I know everything I need to know to play this game well with the time I invest in it. Every league I decide to play (because I do skip some) I have no issues progression wise and always get my build/builds complete, I hoard the items I want for standard for test builds, I get my of choice 6L :) and complete the 36 challenges for my effects.

My attitude is, as you impressively caught on, one of superiority towards you and the friends you mentioned because I can handle the game the way it is without complaining like a child about basic systems and mechanics. So yes in a relatively polity way and without insulting you directly I am talking down to you and treating you as a child. Only way I can see you considering your complaint.

After your last reply this attitude is enforced more than ever as you failed to bring even the slightest argument to my or scrollo's explanation of why things are the way they are.

I am also always chilled. Just like the beer resting majestically next to me. I have not had to put any effort in argumentation on these forums for a long time because I'm an adult arguing with children. They can't win.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
Mmm... ok.

Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
Last edited by G0rr on Aug 13, 2017, 12:55:42 PM
"
Bone2flesh wrote:
I have not had to put any effort in argumentation on these forums for a long time because I'm an adult arguing with children. They can't win.

Please keep in mind that children also rarely notice that they already lost, or even worse, know very well, but decide to ignore the fact.

Sincerely, a mere bystander who loves to read through entertaining threads.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
I absolutely hate trading.

This game takes it to a whole different level.

First of all not a single live person exists on trade chat. Ask a question and it gets flooded out by post bots. Make a request, even with "im retarded take my orbs" levels of payment offered and not a peep out of anyone because no ones there.

Then you go to POE trade, spend hours fucking with the filters to find something sort of mundane but something you need...not endgame type stuff but you know "i really need this stat but dont want to lose these other stats i have on the item" type of deal. It takes forever to find something fitting, the guy wont respond anyway, and when you do get a response its like "oh you wanted this for the price advertised here's my offer which is totally different and much more expensive" "oh you dont like my swaping prices on you, im a major trade tycoon who controls the market and im putting you on ignore good luck trading in the future" levels of being shitty for no reason from the sellers.

Its the shitty attitude and overall "fuckyou" mentality from sellers towards people who are not competitive tycoons who spend all day trading rather than playing, lack of tools to find what i need, and overall automatization of the entire process by bots....it makes trading the worst ive seen in any game to the point i would be happier if they just jacked D3's current set up that hurt all the trade tycoons but made the game more about playing to get what you want.

Either way their next major content patch needs to have a trade solution, one that doesnt favor people making RMT profits, using bots/scripts, or people who probably havent killed an enemy in years yet are in game 24/7 just to trade.

just for try, for see and for know
"
DekarB wrote:

1. Although you're right about market manipulation, and that endgame gear like Headhunter is usually beyond reach for normal player, you DONT NEED those OP endgame items to have success in game - leveling to 90-95, completeling Endgame lab, maps up to T15, Atziri, etc. Even T16 maps and Shaper can be farmed without expensive endgame gear, for some builds.
But there should be fair trading system in PoE, of course. Current one is very far from that.

2. 6-links are OK. You think you cant get 6-link besides Tabula for cheap price? I've got 6-link chest with 80 resist and 80 life for just 15 chaos! Yes, it's corrupted, but does it matter if it has colours i need? You can also get 6-link Saintly Chainmail for 35 chaos (Divination Cards). Dont tell me that those prices are ex-orbitant. Any player can afford those.
Even 6-link uniques, worth few exalteds, can be gained by normal player. Proved that myself over many leagues.
If 6-link will be more common, Orbs of fusing will have 0 value, just like glassblower's bauble...

However, i wish there were more 6-link slots, 2 isnt enough (and most builds have just 1).
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info