3.0 Fundamental flaws haven't changed

"
Completed 17 Challengeselwindakos wrote:

I like that your counter argument is essentially "whoever disagrees with me is fanboy".

I gave you reasons and practical applications and you talk about philosophies.

Really classy behavior.Next time put a tldr saying that whatever you say is the only truth and shouldn't be discussed.

Have fun.


You didn't say anything practical though, you blabbed about useless counter-points to a straw-man argument. Not a single thing you said was related to my post. SSF and 3 months grind for 1 piece of gear 6-link is your counter-argument to why market manipulation is bad? You are a fanboi to be so blind.

I am discussing market manipulation, why it's bad and how it affects my review I give to my friends/guildies which include the hardcore and casual perspective. Anybody who enjoys market manipulation or arguments "hey it isn't bad since I play like crap anyway" I do consider an idiot.

One of the most important things my friends and guildies value in a game in the end-game play and the true end-game play in this game is all scripts/bots. Looking at your account as an example I can say you've never experienced end-tier gear and yet you've joined in 2012. In 1 week my hardcore friends would have more than the summary of your account. My hardcore friends don't like games that are market based manipulation and my casual friends don't have tolerance for grind for the sake of grind...seriously 1500 fusing "in span of 3 months" they already beat the game 5000x over in 3 months and didn't get to experience 6-link weapons by your math...please.

This game does have a lot of good things, lots of potential variety...etc but I don't have time to list positive aspects just so I can slide in one negative point to appease the fanbois. A game that can hold attention of my gamer friends for 2 months per season is successful, I personally have 5 games on the go daily 12-15hrs a day and this game is on the rotation list. Considering the end-game BS and looking at the lifers accounts on this game...your account is about a 6/10 in value, my account much worse (only about 5 weeks played, 2 weeks that weren't idle)...game gets a 6/10 review and it's fucken fair.

If they made is so people couldn't bot their way to end game gear in 1/6000th of the time a regular player could achieve...then I could give the game a better review and focus more on the other more common issues people describe on this forum.

"
Completed 12 ChallengesDekarB wrote:
"
Completed 17 Challengeselwindakos wrote:

I like that your counter argument is essentially "whoever disagrees with me is fanboy".

I gave you reasons and practical applications and you talk about philosophies.

Really classy behavior.Next time put a tldr saying that whatever you say is the only truth and shouldn't be discussed.

Have fun.


You didn't say anything practical though, you blabbed about useless counter-points to a straw-man argument. Not a single thing you said was related to my post. SSF and 3 months grind for 1 piece of gear 6-link is your counter-argument to why market manipulation is bad? You are a fanboi to be so blind.

I am discussing market manipulation, why it's bad and how it affects my review I give to my friends/guildies which include the hardcore and casual perspective. Anybody who enjoys market manipulation or arguments "hey it isn't bad since I play like crap anyway" I do consider an idiot.

One of the most important things my friends and guildies value in a game in the end-game play and the true end-game play in this game is all scripts/bots. Looking at your account as an example I can say you've never experienced end-tier gear and yet you've joined in 2012. In 1 week my hardcore friends would have more than the summary of your account. My hardcore friends don't like games that are market based manipulation and my casual friends don't have tolerance for grind for the sake of grind...seriously 1500 fusing "in span of 3 months" they already beat the game 5000x over in 3 months and didn't get to experience 6-link weapons by your math...please.

This game does have a lot of good things, lots of potential variety...etc but I don't have time to list positive aspects just so I can slide in one negative point to appease the fanbois. A game that can hold attention of my gamer friends for 2 months per season is successful, I personally have 5 games on the go daily 12-15hrs a day and this game is on the rotation list. Considering the end-game BS and looking at the lifers accounts on this game...your account is about a 6/10 in value, my account much worse (only about 5 weeks played, 2 weeks that weren't idle)...game gets a 6/10 review and it's fucken fair.

If they made is so people couldn't bot their way to end game gear in 1/6000th of the time a regular player could achieve...then I could give the game a better review and focus more on the other more common issues people describe on this forum.



First, learn to write fanboy.Fanboy.Fanboy.

And I answered your question.No market manipulation on ssf,what's your argument with my thesis?You call me "fanboi"

You look on my account and you say I haven't reached endgame gear?Hahha.OkYou are funny.You also attribute my hc chars that I delete over time or the chars I constantly delete to make new builds?The fact that I don't give a fuck about standard and the gear I pass to those who do?

But sure throw some shit,some will stick.Not this though.

Also about 6 link?Let's make a bet shall we?Look at my gear now,which it is what it is because I didn't had time to play as much as I could in harbinger.Want to bet I'll have 1500 fusings,without tradings,trade not my cup of tea.So I will have again also this league my preferred 6l.So what do you say?

The game by your logic has many merits and only two flaws(which are not).Who is the blind hater here?
Bye bye desync!
"
Completed 17 Challengeselwindakos wrote:

First, learn to write fanboy.Fanboy.Fanboy.

And I answered your question.No market manipulation on ssf,what's your argument with my thesis?You call me "fanboi"

You look on my account and you say I haven't reached endgame gear?Hahha.OkYou are funny.You also attribute my hc chars that I delete over time or the chars I constantly delete to make new builds?The fact that I don't give a fuck about standard and the gear I pass to those who do?

But sure throw some shit,some will stick.Not this though.

Also about 6 link?Let's make a bet shall we?Look at my gear now,which it is what it is because I didn't had time to play as much as I could in harbinger.Want to bet I'll have 1500 fusings,without tradings,trade not my cup of tea.So I will have again also this league my preferred 6l.So what do you say?

The game by your logic has many merits and only two flaws(which are not).Who is the blind hater here?


This is why I am right, you don't even know the difference between fanboy and fanboi. SSF has no barring on the discussion at hand. It takes a real moron to double down on that so thanks. Also only a fanboi would assume 6/10 means "hater." Also yes your gear is late game but not even scratching end-tier rares. Thank you for proving I was right from the get-go to write you off as a moron fanboi. I've seen you a million times on a million forums...straw-man arguments to derail threads for the personal fantasy of brand association. You can have the last words since you are clearly going to triple-down on your stupidity.
"
Completed 12 ChallengesDekarB wrote:
"
Completed 17 Challengeselwindakos wrote:

First, learn to write fanboy.Fanboy.Fanboy.

And I answered your question.No market manipulation on ssf,what's your argument with my thesis?You call me "fanboi"

You look on my account and you say I haven't reached endgame gear?Hahha.OkYou are funny.You also attribute my hc chars that I delete over time or the chars I constantly delete to make new builds?The fact that I don't give a fuck about standard and the gear I pass to those who do?

But sure throw some shit,some will stick.Not this though.

Also about 6 link?Let's make a bet shall we?Look at my gear now,which it is what it is because I didn't had time to play as much as I could in harbinger.Want to bet I'll have 1500 fusings,without tradings,trade not my cup of tea.So I will have again also this league my preferred 6l.So what do you say?

The game by your logic has many merits and only two flaws(which are not).Who is the blind hater here?


This is why I am right, you don't even know the difference between fanboy and fanboi. SSF has no barring on the discussion at hand. It takes a real moron to double down on that so thanks. Also only a fanboi would assume 6/10 means "hater." Also yes your gear is late game but not even scratching end-tier rares. Thank you for proving I was right from the get-go to write you off as a moron fanboi. I've seen you a million times on a million forums...straw-man arguments to derail threads for the personal fantasy of brand association. You can have the last words since you are clearly going to triple-down on your stupidity.


Oh,you think you had a discussion till I presented my thesis on this matter and somehow I derailed it when I double down on each of your points?

Calling me names cause you can't have proper arguments?

My last words are ...kek.Its the only language you would understand anyway.
Bye bye desync!
just play ssf......
It makes a lot of whining even though .... In addition to aspects of the game or you have control over what you do.
Elwin keeps getting knocked to the mat but survives the standing count to keep coming back for more. Good Lord.

Op makes great points. I've never done endgame in the massive amount I've played, and I would say part of the reason for that is because of the shit drop rate design catering to trading. And that trade is shit, as described. So I play SSF as many so gallantly suggested, but it's subpar to be sure. And this force feeds people into the mill of the flippers and manipulators.

Totally right about the 6L too. That 6th link is usually just the cherry on the build cake, but it's rarity is far out of balance with its value.
Last edited by Slaanesh69 on Aug 12, 2017 11:32:19 PM
And I thought this was just another painfully true thread about instant leech, leech for spells in general and how berserkers like to break the game in every possible way.
Instead we have an entertaining thread about two of the most insignificant things in the entire game.
Broken market? Just farm chaos orbs and use budget options that sometimes easily rival the original.
No 6? Again, farm chaos orbs, buy orbs of fusing and use the artisan's workbench.
I don't really see the problems here...
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
Completed 28 ChallengesFCK42 wrote:
And I thought this was just another painfully true thread about instant leech, leech for spells in general and how berserkers like to break the game in every possible way.
Instead we have an entertaining thread about two of the most insignificant things in the entire game.
Broken market? Just farm chaos orbs and use budget options that sometimes easily rival the original.
No 6? Again, farm chaos orbs, buy orbs of fusing and use the artisan's workbench.
I don't really see the problems here...


You realize there are items worth 30+ exalt orbs? By the time you farm the chaos for each of those you'll have 10 level 100 characters that now each need 50+ exalt for end tier gear. Your excuse and it is an excuse is "just grind more" or accurately "I enjoy hamster wheel for 4 years straight" meanwhile the market marker gets that amount or greater every week. If a game can't hold interest for 2 month sessions for casual gamers it just ain't a great game. These people grind for 4-5 years and amount to a week or two amount of script bots then tell snide remark others because they think that it's fucken stupid.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Scott_GGG on Aug 13, 2017 6:24:05 AM
"
Completed 12 ChallengesDekarB wrote:

If a game can't hold interest for 2 month sessions for casual gamers it just ain't a great game. These people grind for 4-5 years and amount to a week or two amount of script bots then tell snide remark others because they think that it's fucken stupid.

[Removed by Support]


This game has been holding my interest as a casual gamer for 4 and some years now.
But it very much depends on what you want from a game.
You, OP, obviously want to get straight to endgame and beat it. That's OK, there are games that easily allow even casual gamers to do all content without much effort.
PoE is not one of those games. PoE tries to cater to casuals and hardcore gamers alike, which leads to some problems, i.e. that casuals like you and me see all that content, yet won't get there in a hurry - or at all.

And here it is that views differ: While people like me either ignore this hardest of content or try to grind for better gear until they actually can do it, rejoicing each time they see some progress, people like you think the game is fundamentally flawed, because you cannot reach said content, much less complete it with little to no effort. This is not meant as an insult, it's just two different mindsets at approaching the game.

I won't say anything regarding the market and the manipulation thereof, since I don't really trade. In standard I sell some of the the surplus stuff I find and sell it for whatever I see fit. Often it's too cheap, sometimes it's obviously too expensive.
I would agree, though, that a better trading system is needed - ideally one that makes manipulation harder.
Is that a fundamental flaw in the game - imo not.

As for 6L - well, they are a bit on the rare side. However, for levelling you don't need a 6L. A 4L will get you to maps no problem, a 5L will get you to maps more easily and into maps as well (as will a 4L).
Unlike 6L, a 5L can easily be found, bought, made with Vorici's bench. Once you're in Acts 9-10, 6S will start dropping, which can be sold for 7 Jeweller's Orbs and Vorici has this bro deal going for fusings.
So I agree, for a casual a 6L is really something that needs patience (or luck) - anything below 6L is easy.
Levelling uniques also exist and they are, as far as I am aware, quite cheap even on the manipulated market.

So the two things that you call "fundamental flaws" aren't that fundamental after all - depending on how you play the game.
You obviously want to play the game in a manner that makes these two things fundamental flaws.

Conclusion:
This game is not for you. Pity, but there are probably other games out there that might fit the bill.
[quote="Michael_GGG"]However because we're reasonable people we decided against extending RNG into account bans.[/quote]
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Last edited by Scott_GGG on Aug 13, 2017 6:24:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info