the fall of oriath LABYRINTH

Very polarizing subject, for sure.

I don't see issue in giving players 4 ascendancy points for completing normal lab, then 1 point for cruel and merc lab, respectively. With 4 points, your character build is essentially up and running, with the final two points polishing it off.

This is coming from someone who doesn't think the lab is difficult (my RF character is no longer challenged by merc lab), but definitely thinks the experience is tedious. It's a shame, because fighting phase 3 Izaro is rather exciting.
Last edited by brgillespie on Jun 13, 2017, 4:57:09 AM
why dont share ascendancy to all characters then you can do lab just once
I never posted my opinion on the lab before and I'm not a spammer, but I will say something here.

The last character I did uber lab with was lvl 93 at the time of me doing the lab. Imagine how much I despise doing this content. I have my 86 IIR/IIQ Windripper char right now (keeping it on lvl 86 because of the IIQ restrictions at higher levels) it has 3.8k hp and can farm up to T13 content with IIQ/IIR gear easily.. With Kaom's Heart and life on each slot I have barely 5k hp and Izaro one-shots me. Fu*k the traps (which I hate) and the three encounters with him, still dying 5 times in a row at the end is far from fun. Everytime I beat uber lab, I swear a lot and hope this char is enough fun so I won't need to make another soon in order to avoid playing through the lab again.

When there is required content which people hate so much, it is clear that changes are needed, and I hope they are coming soon.
"
1453R wrote:
They've answered how they're handling four different labyrinth difficulties something like seventeen million times now. Jumpin' Jimmeny Jeebus, pay attention.

There are the standard six trials to unlock the base/Normal Labyrinth in A1-3. Acts 4 through 9/10/whenever will have additional Trials scattered throughout them. To access 'Cruel' and 'Merciless' Labyrinths, you need to complete the appropriate Trials and also the preceding Labyrinth. In the Labyrinth Plaza, you can select which Labyrinth difficulty you want and do that one, similar-ish to a map device.

Endgame Labyrinth is unchanged; it's unlocked via Trials in maps and accessed with Offerings to the Goddess.

Normal Labyrinth is shorter (one less Aspirant's Trial, I believe), and GGG is looking at streamlining the Labyrinth process, but no - you don't get an Ascendancy for free outside of the Labyrinth, and yes, you have to do the Labyrinth to get the Labyrinth-based rewards.

I'm really getting mad tired of all the hatred for the Labyrinth and people going apeshit over getting caught up on traps or whatever. I get it guys, the Labyrinth doesn't play as nicely for your Cheeseclear Speedbuilds as 24/7 Shaped Strand rotations do. You have to actually play Path of Exile to clear the Labyrinth and get your Ascendancy points, and it's hard to do that with a Vaal Fireball lootmower Strand-ONLY build that needs a full party to leech experience from just to get to the point where it's able to cripplingly-overspecialize in clearing a Shaped Strand in seven seconds.

I'm terribly sorry that your one-map-wonder build has trouble with the Labyrinth. But you don't get to skip it for free because it inconveniences you.

Lab is trash, plain and simple. Solving the pattern for one screen of trap to have to yolo 4 more screens is shit design. The inability to trade is also a dealbreaker. Lab, for anyone that doesnt plan there charcter around it, is going to suck. [Removed by Support]

Last edited by Stacey_GGG on Jun 14, 2017, 12:43:20 PM
"

Lab is trash

like +1
Lab trash +2
"
IHellBoundI wrote:
Lab trash +2

+3
I'm going to withhold judgement until I see how 3.0 affects the overall game. Maybe these powers we gain by killing gods will offset the lab's annoyances. Maybe not. We don't know yet.

I'm going to give it a try. I'm going to try to like it. I'll have to wait and see.
"
Skellimancer wrote:
"
IHellBoundI wrote:
Lab trash +2

+3

+4
I dont see any any key!
<<jumps onto wagon>>

I just did Normal Lab with my level 60 HC race character last night. Took maybe 10 minutes, and that was all navigation because the fights took about 8 seconds each. And it was blllllaaaaaaahhhhhhhh.

We've run lab so many times we typical know where the exit is based on the zone entrance room. We know how every Izaro mechanic works.

And we still hate it, but grit our teeth and run it.

And I am being completely, 100% genuine here. This is my most favorite game of all time, but I would walk away with no regrets if the lab mechanics were regularly introduced into normal zones. Not that anyone would care, but that would definitely be the kiss of death for me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info