the fall of oriath LABYRINTH

is / will be labyrinth easer / same / harder after oriath will be released?

i hate these traps and hope we will have other way access to ascession tree
Last bumped on Jan 11, 2018, 1:20:27 PM
Nope, Lab is still there.

But with the removal of difficulty levels I am curious to see how they're going to handle 4 different difficulties of lab.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
They've answered how they're handling four different labyrinth difficulties something like seventeen million times now. Jumpin' Jimmeny Jeebus, pay attention.

There are the standard six trials to unlock the base/Normal Labyrinth in A1-3. Acts 4 through 9/10/whenever will have additional Trials scattered throughout them. To access 'Cruel' and 'Merciless' Labyrinths, you need to complete the appropriate Trials and also the preceding Labyrinth. In the Labyrinth Plaza, you can select which Labyrinth difficulty you want and do that one, similar-ish to a map device.

Endgame Labyrinth is unchanged; it's unlocked via Trials in maps and accessed with Offerings to the Goddess.

Normal Labyrinth is shorter (one less Aspirant's Trial, I believe), and GGG is looking at streamlining the Labyrinth process, but no - you don't get an Ascendancy for free outside of the Labyrinth, and yes, you have to do the Labyrinth to get the Labyrinth-based rewards.

I'm really getting mad tired of all the hatred for the Labyrinth and people going apeshit over getting caught up on traps or whatever. I get it guys, the Labyrinth doesn't play as nicely for your Cheeseclear Speedbuilds as 24/7 Shaped Strand rotations do. You have to actually play Path of Exile to clear the Labyrinth and get your Ascendancy points, and it's hard to do that with a Vaal Fireball lootmower Strand-ONLY build that needs a full party to leech experience from just to get to the point where it's able to cripplingly-overspecialize in clearing a Shaped Strand in seven seconds.

I'm terribly sorry that your one-map-wonder build has trouble with the Labyrinth. But you don't get to skip it for free because it inconveniences you.
If you're really mad at people, you should try to understand why... no matter what the subject.

We're not mad at Lab because of traps. We're mad because it ruined our entire playstyle.
"
1453R wrote:
They've answered how they're handling four different labyrinth difficulties something like seventeen million times now. Jumpin' Jimmeny Jeebus, pay attention.

There are the standard six trials to unlock the base/Normal Labyrinth in A1-3. Acts 4 through 9/10/whenever will have additional Trials scattered throughout them. To access 'Cruel' and 'Merciless' Labyrinths, you need to complete the appropriate Trials and also the preceding Labyrinth. In the Labyrinth Plaza, you can select which Labyrinth difficulty you want and do that one, similar-ish to a map device.

Endgame Labyrinth is unchanged; it's unlocked via Trials in maps and accessed with Offerings to the Goddess.

Normal Labyrinth is shorter (one less Aspirant's Trial, I believe), and GGG is looking at streamlining the Labyrinth process, but no - you don't get an Ascendancy for free outside of the Labyrinth, and yes, you have to do the Labyrinth to get the Labyrinth-based rewards.

I'm really getting mad tired of all the hatred for the Labyrinth and people going apeshit over getting caught up on traps or whatever. I get it guys, the Labyrinth doesn't play as nicely for your Cheeseclear Speedbuilds as 24/7 Shaped Strand rotations do. You have to actually play Path of Exile to clear the Labyrinth and get your Ascendancy points, and it's hard to do that with a Vaal Fireball lootmower Strand-ONLY build that needs a full party to leech experience from just to get to the point where it's able to cripplingly-overspecialize in clearing a Shaped Strand in seven seconds.

I'm terribly sorry that your one-map-wonder build has trouble with the Labyrinth. But you don't get to skip it for free because it inconveniences you.

so labyrinth will be shorter or traps will be easer or what do you mean? spikes allways trolled me and killed and im sure they keep a thing when you die must do all labyrinth again

OF THIS LAB I STOPED PLAYING POE
Last edited by DRAGONxNOGARD on Jun 8, 2017, 12:25:38 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
If you're really mad at people, you should try to understand why... no matter what the subject.

We're not mad at Lab because of traps. We're mad because it ruined our entire playstyle.

How does it Ruin Your Entire Playstyle(C) to have to spend an hourish tops running the Labyrinth precisely four times max? Hell, a lot of builds can even get away with skipping Endgame Lab completely if they have to.

Cheeseclear Strandmasters are a narrow niche of the game, the same way dedicated Atziri farmers are. Atziri farmers never asked for the rest of the game to just be given to them for free so they could spend 100% of their time running Atziri. Why should Cheeseclears that can't handle general content be given the rest of the game for free so they can slam 10ex an hour cheeseclearing Strands? I don't get any free rides when I'm building a general content character, why should other folks get free rides for their ultra-nichey junk?

"
DRAGONxNOGARD wrote:

so labyrinth will be shorter or traps will be easer or what do you mean? spikes allways trolled me and killed and im sure they keep a thing when you die must do all labyrinth again

OF THIS LAB I STOPED PLAYING POE

The Normal (first two points) Labyrinth will be shortened, or at least such was GGG's experimental intent. The overall structure/nature of the Labyrinth - i.e. traps, interconnected instances, upper-right travel, multiple Izaro fights, and the like - is not being altered.

Clearing through Merciless Lab is not a significant issue for most competently devised non-Vaal Cheeseclear builds. yeah, you occasionally hit an Oopsies and have to flush a run, but y'know what? Who cares. Oopsies happen. Frustrating but hey. Why people figure dying on spikes once in a blue moon is worth quitting the game over, I just cannot comprehend.
Last edited by 1453R on Jun 8, 2017, 12:52:33 PM
@1453R is possible complete 10 acts and reach lv 100 without asc tree?
"
DRAGONxNOGARD wrote:

You can complete all ten acts (i.e. the base game story) easily, with most any decently planned character, regardless of Ascendancies.

You can also reach level 100 without Ascendancy skills, yes, as people have been doing so long before Ascendancy launched.

Any character strong enough to make an honest stab at level 100, however, is going to be more than strong enough to run the Labyrinth - or alternatively, any player rich enough to make an honest stab at Lvl100 will be able to spend a few chaos on Labyrinth runner services.

There's not really any way someone will be capable of reaching lvl 100 but somehow not also capable of doing the Labyrinth. If you can't handle the Labyrinth, then you aren't ready to make a go of level 100 yet, even if it is indeed feasible to reach level 100 without any Ascendancy points.
If you're having lab problems I feel bad for you son
I got ninety nine problems but the lab ain't one
"
DRAGONxNOGARD wrote:

Yes but if your build is solid enough to hit level 100 you should have no problems with the first 3 labs. If you don't want to pay for a service you can live without the 4th pretty easily but it's not difficult to find cheap-ish runs through uber lab

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info