the fall of oriath LABYRINTH

"
Mythabril wrote:
"
MECHanokl wrote:
Would it be fun if GGG gated those as well behind some ridiculous annoying content, that is unlike anything else in the game?

Yes, actually. It would mean traps and gauntlets are no longer limited to the Labyrinth and instead an integral part of the game, thus not something "unlike anything else in the game".

Actually it would be worse, since you would have to do more of this "special" content, that will not repeat itself later during "end-game" (maps, guardians, shaper etc.). It would make more sense, however, if the entire game, maps included, would have these sort of gauntlet/trap sections. I wonder how many people would ragequit over that, and how would it affect the game balance in general. However, I hope it never happens, since I personally believe for several reasons that traps, at least the way they are executed now, are just bad in terms of game design.
Last edited by MECHanokl on Jun 9, 2017, 7:24:45 AM
MORE LABYRINTH PLEASE!!!
SO @GGG WE HATE TRAPS AND YOU MUST NERF OR REMOVE IT
Last edited by DRAGONxNOGARD on Jun 9, 2017, 8:26:37 AM
SO @GGG WE LOVE TRAPS AND YOU MUST ADD MORE OF THEM EVERYWHERE
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
Y'know? I'm honestly all for proliferating labyrinth mechanics more strongly through the game. Get some new map tilesets with trap rooms; I mean hell, the Goddess is already a map boss, why not get some trap gauntlets through there too? Maybe people would actually practice their traprunning more if there were traps in maps.

....nah. Nobody does anything but Shaped Strands anymore anyways, the number of players who fill out their Atlas and run whatever drops for them can be counted on the fingers of one foot these days.

Anyways. As for the rest of it...again, I ask this: how do you compensate players who enjoy the Labyrinth/make a goal of mastering it when you take Ascendancies, Enchantments, and all those things you say are the "nice rewards" for running the Lab and give them to everyone else for free? All this "The Labyrinth is fine for people who like it, but I want there to be LITERALLY NO REASON TO EVER DO IT AND NO REWARD FOR DOING SO EVER AGAIN!!!" horse hockey is...well, horse hockey.

The minute I get a random Shaper drop delivered to my stash every day for no reason is the day you get to have Ascendancies and Enchantments and Lab drops for free. Until then? Buy Lab runs from people who aren't irrationally terrified of spring-loaded acupuncture needles.
I love the tears of the lab lovers, who claim it is a disaster it is getting shorter and less annoying.

Why do you care, you can still run it 24/7, if that is what you want ?
"
DRAGONxNOGARD wrote:
is / will be labyrinth easer / same / harder after oriath will be released?

i hate these traps and hope we will have other way access to ascession tree

If you are referring to Beta, normal labyrinth and the trials leading up to it are exactly the same.

Cruel labyrinth requires 3 additional trials to be repeated instead of all the 6. Merc lab will probably require the other 3 trials to be repeated, it's not in yet but doesn't take rocket science to figure out.

Uberlab = The same. 6 map trials, requires a key.

So the only difference is that you now need to complete fewer trials for cruel & merc lab access in the beta and I also got to use the word fewer, replacing "less" in this sentence so I got an enormous sense of well being.
Last edited by krc86 on Jun 9, 2017, 10:02:23 AM
Lab and trials are such garbage.
PLZ @GGG ADD TRAPS MODS ON ZANA, CREATE A TRAPZ0R LEAGUESTONE AND ADD TRAPS IN LIONEYE WATCH!

THANK YOU!

BTW, CREATE THE TRAP SUPPORTER PACK.
I just bring the truth!

"
1453R wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
If you're really mad at people, you should try to understand why... no matter what the subject.

We're not mad at Lab because of traps. We're mad because it ruined our entire playstyle.

How does it Ruin Your Entire Playstyle(C) to have to spend an hourish tops running the Labyrinth precisely four times max? Hell, a lot of builds can even get away with skipping Endgame Lab completely if they have to.

Cheeseclear Strandmasters are a narrow niche of the game, the same way dedicated Atziri farmers are. Atziri farmers never asked for the rest of the game to just be given to them for free so they could spend 100% of their time running Atziri. Why should Cheeseclears that can't handle general content be given the rest of the game for free so they can slam 10ex an hour cheeseclearing Strands? I don't get any free rides when I'm building a general content character, why should other folks get free rides for their ultra-nichey junk?

"
DRAGONxNOGARD wrote:

so labyrinth will be shorter or traps will be easer or what do you mean? spikes allways trolled me and killed and im sure they keep a thing when you die must do all labyrinth again

OF THIS LAB I STOPED PLAYING POE

The Normal (first two points) Labyrinth will be shortened, or at least such was GGG's experimental intent. The overall structure/nature of the Labyrinth - i.e. traps, interconnected instances, upper-right travel, multiple Izaro fights, and the like - is not being altered.

Clearing through Merciless Lab is not a significant issue for most competently devised non-Vaal Cheeseclear builds. yeah, you occasionally hit an Oopsies and have to flush a run, but y'know what? Who cares. Oopsies happen. Frustrating but hey. Why people figure dying on spikes once in a blue moon is worth quitting the game over, I just cannot comprehend.

Haha. Upvoted! DAE Shaped Strand? DAE Clearspeed Meta? DAE Power Creep? Haha Am I Right guys? This game is supposed to take true skill, feast your eyes upon my level 87 softcore character and recognize my elite skill. If you say anything negative about lab you're clearly just a clueless shitter who probably farms that foul Shaped Strand Map all day. (unlike me, obviously.) haha. No complaining.
Last edited by matt29234 on Jun 9, 2017, 10:41:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info