the fall of oriath LABYRINTH

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You also have to realize that there's a bunch of people who simply quit and never looked back.

I second this. A lot of people, when faced with things that frustrate them in games, just quit. They don't go to forums, don't write stuff on reddit, they simply stop playing. Especially since this is a free to play game, so people are not particularly attached to the game.

Two of my friends who quit the game (although not due to the lab) never posted anything here. One quit due to damage spikes, another quit due to end game bosses instance crashing on him. We all hated lab, but usually at least one of us had a yolo faceroll everything build that would help the others complete the lab without issues.
Last edited by MECHanokl on Jun 16, 2017, 9:25:18 AM
I considered quitting after lab was released

I felt like my character could never be what it should be due to the stupid lab

at this point I just decided to do only normal and cruel lab and over level the shit out of them lol

I only get merc lab once and a great while, sometimes I pay for it other times I just wait until im ok with dying lol

only got uber lab once and I had to pay for it

its a part of the game that I feel like I have to slog through rather than enjoy, not fun in any way

I dont see any any key!
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

And while there are a lot of builds that can trivialize Izzy, there's twice as many that can't do it. That narrows the scope of what characters are "viable" by a lot. The lab is simply too hard until it's not. That design keeps players from enjoying it on either end.

Any somewhat map-viable build should be able to trivialize merc Izzy. Basically, anything that's not a complete shit build. The build I used was an earthquake build, with the 2 most notable pieces of gear I used was tabula rasa, and a fucking Kongor's. Kongors was like 1-2 chaos orbs on poe.trade. The rest of the slots were hand picked rares I shopped for on poe.xyz. Didn't spend more than 3c on any of the pieces in other slots. The total net value in chaos orbs spent was less than 25c total. That could run up to t11 maps. And that's a really mediocre build, IMO. Like any other life based build, my grid was path of life nodes. If I had good life rolls in every slot, I probably could have reached 8k-8500 HP. Maybe 10k with Kaoms.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jun 16, 2017, 9:51:56 AM
GGG just remove or nerf or decrease ammout of traps nothink else i want
"
1453R wrote:
They've answered how they're handling four different labyrinth difficulties something like seventeen million times now. Jumpin' Jimmeny Jeebus, pay attention.

There are the standard six trials to unlock the base/Normal Labyrinth in A1-3. Acts 4 through 9/10/whenever will have additional Trials scattered throughout them. To access 'Cruel' and 'Merciless' Labyrinths, you need to complete the appropriate Trials and also the preceding Labyrinth. In the Labyrinth Plaza, you can select which Labyrinth difficulty you want and do that one, similar-ish to a map device.

Endgame Labyrinth is unchanged; it's unlocked via Trials in maps and accessed with Offerings to the Goddess.

Normal Labyrinth is shorter (one less Aspirant's Trial, I believe), and GGG is looking at streamlining the Labyrinth process, but no - you don't get an Ascendancy for free outside of the Labyrinth, and yes, you have to do the Labyrinth to get the Labyrinth-based rewards.

I'm really getting mad tired of all the hatred for the Labyrinth and people going apeshit over getting caught up on traps or whatever. I get it guys, the Labyrinth doesn't play as nicely for your Cheeseclear Speedbuilds as 24/7 Shaped Strand rotations do. You have to actually play Path of Exile to clear the Labyrinth and get your Ascendancy points, and it's hard to do that with a Vaal Fireball lootmower Strand-ONLY build that needs a full party to leech experience from just to get to the point where it's able to cripplingly-overspecialize in clearing a Shaped Strand in seven seconds.

I'm terribly sorry that your one-map-wonder build has trouble with the Labyrinth. But you don't get to skip it for free because it inconveniences you.

To be fair, the lab isn't challenging. It's boring. Tedious. Annoying.

It's the first, last, and only part of PoE that makes me actually not want to play the game. Because it's either a breeze that bores me to tears. Or my build is so ineffective against Izaro that I get one shot at the slightest misstep.

Dark Souls is challenging. The lab is a lag spike away from wasting an hour or more of my life. And so I will say this: Fuck the Trial of Ascendancy. I'd rather it not be in the game. Whether it's boring and unthreatening, or difficult to the threat of wasting my time, I find no joy in it.
I like lab--because it forces me take breaks from the game every now and then, lol.

Seriously, though, if it wasn't for lab, I would probably play more. But with lab, there always comes a point where I want to create a new character and I remember lab and I'm like, "Nah, life's too short, I'm gonna do something else."
Last edited by poepoe091 on Jun 20, 2017, 10:00:34 PM
"
poepoe091 wrote:
I like lab--because it forces me take breaks from the game every now and then, lol.

Seriously, though, if it wasn't for lab, I would probably play more. But with lab, there always comes a point where I want to create a new character and I remember lab and I'm like, "Nah, life's too short, I'm gonna do something else."

Ain't it the truth!

hi sorry for the noob question can anyone tell me why my vaal clarity and vaal lightning traps always get reset to 0 in the trails?
Vaal skills reset soul count to 0 when you enter a new "zone". In maps, entering the boss room is considered the same "zone" so it does not reset. In the Trials, that is obviously not the case (if you mean Iszaro's room?).
I made a point improve on doing the traps & it pays off.

However the most imortant point, & most ignored by the defenders of the lab, that a signifcant amout of people, of not majority of people dislike it.

Sure, you can get better with practice & proper gearing etc, but the bottom line is, Why kept something in the game (in its current form) that is so widely hatred by players?

From a business standpoint, it doesn't make sense. I can understand if GGG won't vhange is something is core part of design principle, but these tarps are hardly part of the game outside the lab.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info