The Ascendant Class Changes

ES-life balance: check
Scion ascendant buff: check

Good job balance team,good job.
Unfortunately, not a significant change, but a good start!
great job!
will we get some love for Hierophant aswell?
The ascendant passives are actually competitive now. It's no longer go slayer and arbitrarily pick another passive if you're melee. Real choices, more passives (4 new ones total). The only thing I miss about the old choice is the culling strike for slayer.

I'm still looking at the passives and I think Inquisitor kind of missed the mark. 120% increased crit chance against enemies with status ailments is terrible considering immunity. The real defining feature would be penetrating elemental resistance on critical strikes.

Assasin is still underwhelming. The part against enemies on full life is NOT the best part of it. The best part is deadly infusion/extra chaos damage/critical chance and multiplier. Please fix this.

I still think my idea of being able to use other class's ascendancies from the starting point is a bit better.

That could come up as an alternative to this hybrid stuff.
Last edited by Slicer9875 on May 22, 2017, 11:32:03 PM
it's better than before, but i believe the scion should be allowed to choose 2 points (max.) from 4 of the of the other classes (8 points) and/or choose their starting points.

I'm more likely to play a scion in beta now, however.
So if im reading this correctly you get an extra 2 points from the starting point nodes so thats 5 Total Extra Passive points as well as 2 class's for Scion now? Thats actually pretty nice. 5 Extra Points on any build is huge. I think people may be missing that part. You only got 3 Extra Passives before.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Sweet! Now buff the ascendant portrait too!
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Bet she still has epic derp face though.

"
HQuality wrote:
still not on par with other classes (especially w pathfinder) but much better
thanks!

"
lif44 wrote:
Honestly, this wont change much. Unless the original ascendancies got nerfed to shit, they still will be better as long as the uber lab for scion is mediocre.

"
Ashriel wrote:
Yeah, this is pretty underwhelming. This was not the rework we needed.

"
OneOfDaZZZ wrote:
The problem with scion is the first ascendancy is worthless... Every other class gets gets q boost and scion gets the shaft.

"
TreeOfDead wrote:
What about other classes? They wont be changed at all?

"
Achilion wrote:
Meh. Not excited at all. Actually kinda dissapointed.

"
I stopped reading after I saw "build defining" and then took a look at Necromancer and the "Offering Skills also affect you" is not there. That's mostly why I even use it. Still gonna play Necro instead. Screw this.

"
ZaM wrote:
Wow, these are really weak changes to Scion. Might get a 5-10% bump in the number of people playing Scion after these changes but this is far from making the class competitive whatsoever.

"
Vhlad wrote:
I wouldn't call that having the defining features of other ascendancy classes...

For occultist, it's wicked ward

For necro, it's having offerings affect you and ias/cast speed/damage per aura, scaled by aura effectiveness.

For elementalist, it's ele immune golems or free prolif. Conflux is ok but not the defining characteristic any more since the nerf, or if it was needed for a build the scion version is too situational to make the build reliable.

For chieftain, it's fire immune taunt totems

For berserker, it's cloaked in savagery (along with 100% uptime dual leech)

For pathfinder, it's a flask charge every 3s and status ailment immunity, along with lots of flask effect scaling

For guardian, it's radiant faith.

For inquisitor, it's inevitable judgment.

For gladiator, it's versatile combatant.

and so on

These are the defining features that determine which ascendancy we choose. They are the foundation upon which we build our character on. The scion is missing these in almost every case.

"
Tuadh wrote:
Unfortunately, not a significant change, but a good start!

I make those my words.

Also: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1900546/page/1
"
Vhlad wrote:
I wouldn't call that having the defining features of other ascendancy classes...

For occultist, it's wicked ward

For necro, it's having offerings affect you and ias/cast speed/damage per aura, scaled by aura effectiveness.

For elementalist, it's ele immune golems or free prolif. Conflux is ok but not the defining characteristic any more since the nerf, or if it was needed for a build the scion version is too situational to make the build reliable.

For chieftain, it's fire immune taunt totems

For berserker, it's cloaked in savagery (along with 100% uptime dual leech)

For pathfinder, it's a flask charge every 3s and status ailment immunity, along with lots of flask effect scaling

For guardian, it's radiant faith.

For inquisitor, it's inevitable judgment.

For gladiator, it's versatile combatant.

and so on

These are the defining features that determine which ascendancy we choose. They are the foundation upon which we build our character on. The scion is missing these in almost every case.

Yup, the "build-defining" features are certainly lacking.

But even then though, why take the build-defining stuff from other classes and half-ass them instead of actually making something more nuanced and interesting that sums up the class but does so in a different way than the actual baseline class? Like with Hierophant there's a combination of the totem stuff in Ritual of Awakening and the helmet boost from Illuminated Devotion.

I'll just link to the suggestion thread I made back in February about how the Ascendant can get more interesting things going: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1828363

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info