The Ascendant Class Changes

Will the Ascendant Necro aura stack with Necro's Commander of Darkness?
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Some of these changes look fine, but I also do not really like some of the changes.

The raider change for frenzy charges will probably make killing bosses a little easier, but killing will be slower.

I personally do not really like the change to elementalist. The reduced reflected elemental damage is huge, but the 30% increased elemental damage for each damage type for which you have a matching golem, for me at least, is preferred to being able to have more than one golem active. The main part of elementalist when I play is to have both the extra golem and the extra damage while a golem is active. That way you can use an ice golem and a fire golem and then cold to fire.

The pathfinder change is overall great, but I still don't see a reason to pick the pathfinder on an ascendant instead of the actual class.

I can't really comment on the deadeye changes because I don't use it, however with the new skill gems the bleed chance might have been nice to try with that and gladiator.

Speaking of gladiator, the changes remove the '30% of block chance applied to spells' which makes it significantly more cumbersome to cap that spell block chance.

Slayer changes are awesome, certainly a buff

Champion has just been slightly improved, still no real reason to take it imo.

Like occultist, chieftan has not been changed. Is the chance to ignite really that good? I personally do not see a use for using the Chieftan as an Ascendant.
The Juggernaut change also just doubles the chance to gain a fortify charge on hit. Sure, this is great, but if I were going juggernaut, I'd choose his class. What am I going to pair this up with, slayer?
The berserker actually gets nerfed slightly, but the added movement speed is huge. I can see myself taking this perk.

Heirophant changes are probably going to see a lot of use, especially now that MoM will most likely have to be utilized with the nerfs to ES.

I've never taken guardian on scion and have never, ever thought of a reason to. 25% reduced effect of curses on you sounds a lot better than removing them every 5 seconds, especially because it will work with map mods.

Inquisitor just adds 10% chance to create consecrated ground on kill and 5% increased elemental damage. Alright I guess.

It's small changes for sure. I think this is a great start, but I think it is important to keep a close eye on the scion and see if she needs a little bit more once this makes it into the live game and we see how builds are utilizing the features.
Like many I would first Like to Express gratitude that GGG is taking the time to try to improve this class. I have been looking into some new Hybrid style builds and found that many of the changes are very lateral. This it self would not be an issue for me, but the fact that you only get 2 points at the trial, but you need 3 to get to the key nodes is the big issue. So in place of getting to select from 4 possible sub classes, or say 3 and taking the extra starting point, it gives you 2 sub classes and a few extra start points. This really limits the Mix and match and assumes that the start locations extra points are worth a lot to a build. As much Truth to that as there is, for other classes one ascendancy point can be worth life regain, attack damage, and attack speed. In amounts that mean it would be almost 2 major nodes on the passive tree. Yes the "First" Nodes for many class are very good, they are not as good and there is only one. So I would get far more out of getting to select more from the Ascendants internal trees then getting forced to make do with passives.
i dont like the changes to guardian scion node , now scion looks weak for tank builds :(
Guys, how do you feel about going scion aurabot in 3.0? Isn't it way better than witch one now?
WTF SCION NO MORE HAVE CULLING STRIKE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info