Solo Self-Found Statistics

"
sidtherat wrote:
are there any suprises? no.

ES > life. everyone knows that

gem-level based damage > weapon based damage. everyone knows that (this btw shows that people DO NOT LIKE looting in a loot based game!)

the same skills for several years now.

the same ascendancies (elementalist, inquisitor, necromancer - all gem-level based setups that can be played with no gear whatsoever)

gearing crisis. people actually do not like looting in your game GGG. they do not trust they will manage to get anything usable so they opt to play setups that do not require any gear

you either remove these setups or allow all classes/archetypes to rely on gems only: scale melee gems with levels in a notable way

btw. ancestral warchief is STUPID..
STFU PLZ , U DONT KNOW WHAT U ARE TALKING ABOUT!
Did your SSF "research" find that ProjectPT was playing a demon Hunter? If not, this is fake news. I'm tagging @TheRealDonaldTrump on this.
He really has a point.

These statistics really show is how truly broken the skill system is. Why can't all skills rely solely on gem/support gem setups alone? OR, a better question might be, why aren't ALL skills equally dependent on gems + gear? It's weird.
"
He really has a point.

These statistics really show is how truly broken the skill system is. Why can't all skills rely solely on gem/support gem setups alone? OR, a better question might be, why aren't ALL skills equally dependent on gems + gear? It's weird.

actually, if all skills will depend on gems only, then base weapon damage must be somehow changed to stay meaning at all. idea of skills depend from gem+weapon is a way better, but again, GGG have to add some kind of "base spell damage" on weapons, couse just skale from weapon dmg is wierd. and this leading us to a really BIG changes in good bunch of game systems, I don't think any not-deadly-desperate game will try it anyhow.

so we have what we have, or GGG will do a miracle and do something with this and either it will be the most epic win of all times, or most stupid death of a good game ever
I think there must be a very very special Threshold Jewel for Ancestral protector

This skill make no sense after Warchief released...
"The utility that the Ancestral Warchief provides is very alluring no matter what your item availability is. The totem, providing an extra body, a boost in damage, and only really requiring a decent weapon to be effective, takes the top spot on both the trade-enabled leagues and SSF."

a good mechanic , good dps , good viability , can be cheap .....we know now the next victim of the nerf-hammer .

trust an experienced man.
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
"
sidtherat wrote:
gearing crisis. people actually do not like looting in your game GGG. they do not trust they will manage to get anything usable so they opt to play setups that do not require any gear

Quite true. The only weapon types you can reliably SF loot in my experience, are melee 2-handers & elemental bows (a distant second). Phys. crit, 1H, dagger, claw... forget about it.

10% SSF population? That is more or less the number I expected. It's a rather high number of people going against a trade-gated endgame and a bad looting system.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
sidtherat wrote:
are there any suprises? no.

ES > life. everyone knows that

gem-level based damage > weapon based damage. everyone knows that (this btw shows that people DO NOT LIKE looting in a loot based game!)

the same skills for several years now.

the same ascendancies (elementalist, inquisitor, necromancer - all gem-level based setups that can be played with no gear whatsoever)

you either remove these setups or allow all classes/archetypes to rely on gems only: scale melee gems with levels in a notable way

btw. ancestral warchief is STUPID..

Agreed, mr. And Ancestral warchief proves it. It's reliable when a melee char must hit and run and then kite a bit while the totem keeps attacking a tough enemy. And it's even more helpful if life flasks are empty. :P

I think they should make changes in loot system, at least for melee life based characters. Diablo 2 fixed that problem with the runewords system (To help the poor Barbarian btw xD), but POE, a game based on that game? A couple of life gaining gems that can't combine or even scale easily in a single build (Life leech gem, Vitality aura, stone golem, life gain curses, fortify), the luxurious Kaoms heart, the somewhat insufficient Belly, Atziri's gear. And expend chaos for proper rare gear (life ¬_¬) + exalted obs.

In POE you either play with gem-level based setups, or get rich by having built no matter what a magic finding character, which isn't precisely an easy and confortable task (For example, a player who doesn't like to play with rangers but...). In Diablo you could start a char from zero and manage to get through the hardest difficulty with its own means (loot chance). :(

GGG, when pple get tired of looting in vain for non ES builds, they'll begin to value their time, and then... who knows. :/
Last edited by cuervo1 on May 8, 2017, 2:53:01 AM
I guess I go against the grain.I build what I want not what the meta dictates.I made the build I decided on before the league,a Gladiator Spectral throw build got to 91 so can't say it was a failure.I admit I have used the Warcheif,like people say it is some extra damage and can partially tank for you.
I feel like a filthy minority

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info