Damage Over Time Changes - Part 2

dont freaking kill essence drain pls

its been my favorite skill since ess league :'[

(anxious to see if you'll buff its base damage enough to compensate for the loss of decay/poison and proj scaling)
I want a "xx% less dmg on hit" & "xx% more dmg over time" support gem already! D:

Also now that you gutted double dipping and buffed freeze give me back my pyre god damn it! :<
So non-crit builds will never be able to viably scale damage over time effects any more?
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
"
Ashriel wrote:
So non-crit builds will never be able to viably scale damage over time effects any more?

Not unless you're a chaos-hit build using poison or an ignite build scaling solely on fire/ele damage. If you're not one of those, GGG's making it so you can't effectively scale both your hit and Dot.

Cuz apparently even though Rory just said this in the last manifesto post

"
Rory wrote:
Lastly, Ignite and Poison had to be reduced in power so they were at a desired damage level after heavy investment in effects that "double dipped", making them virtually worthless for builds that didn't take advantage of these systems, creating another trap for players to fall into if they weren't aware of the minutia of the game mechanics.

GGG seems to have no qualms with their new system being biased in the exact same way.
Last edited by Shppy on May 2, 2017, 11:20:34 PM
"
akosikelvin14 wrote:
once again. my favorite blade flurry gladiator sunks deep down on the lowest.

Exactly what I was thinking, and unless they sort out ES I will continue to avoid it like the plaque, the game already has enough sheep justifying its continued dominance. As they just screwed crafting too with the additional mods on gear, and having played self enforced solo self found since closed beta I have even less reasons to play.

May as well start looking for something else to fill my time just in case 3.0 is the complete bust I am starting to expect.
Regards Hexcaliber
Last edited by Hexcaliber on May 2, 2017, 11:24:02 PM
Is there going to be any interaction between the inbuilt damage multiplier of skills and the DoT for poison/bleed/ignite? Like if I ran a skill with a reduced base damage (like spectral throw), would I do less damage than a skill with higher base damage (like heavy strike)? If not, then skills with faster attack speeds like barrage and again, blade flurry will make any other skill meaningless in poison builds.
Will wither increase the damage taken by enemies from poison?

Will chaos damage nodes still apply to poison?

Thanks!
"
Hexcaliber wrote:
"
akosikelvin14 wrote:
once again. my favorite blade flurry gladiator sunks deep down on the lowest.

Exactly what I was thinking, and unless they sort out ES I will continue to avoid it like the plaque, the game already has enough sheep justifying its continued dominance. As they just screwed crafting too with the additional mods on gear, and having played self enforced solo self found since closed beta I have even less reasons to play.

May as well start looking for something else to fill my time just in case 3.0 is the complete bust I am starting to expect.

welp, for the 3.00 im thinking skipping that builds and wait for the "pros" to do something to it. will try those ES magic builds for now @_@
I noticed the careful lack of using the keyword "burn", it sounds like you're lumping it together with the ignite ailment as far as I understand. Does that mean all ignite damage changes are inherently tied to burning damage?
I wonder if Hillock-Senpai will notice me when I go to town??
FINALLY I will be able to do a melee character based on Poison without investing on the hit but only the DoT damage!

It's been a long time since I want this to happen. I really like how DoT's Are now something you scale directly.

I also believe that all these changes will unlock many new builds with all the new wording and it'll be fun to figure out again all this mess :) (Magic the Gathering player logic right here)

The change to unarmed will be fun to exploit with doryani's fist since it was merely just a trash item and had nothing useful to do with it... there was always something better, can't wait to see what we can build with it.

Last thing is all the new Uniques that will see the light at the lunch of 3.0 that might change a lot the meta. I am pretty sure most of them will be covering the new wording and exploit them. We'll surely see some weapons themed around DoT. Bino's kitchen Knife price will go stupidly high (I promise that)
and I can't wait to use it with a new Viper strike build :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info