Damage Over Time Changes - Part 2

Its better now cause Puncture and viper strike will at least get some credit for being bleed /poison themed. I prefer a clean and clear situation like that where u have to know what to build to get some results.

I mean we've seen cold to fire to chaos builds like ice trap poison with area/trap and ele modifiers double dipping and all this things were full Overpowered..

Now the whole system is getting updated and i think these mechanics will still be adjusted to be viable but not OP.

Before saying its shit think about all these mechanics that are complicated to get balanced and their interaction with items jewels uniques keystones etc...
From my understand this change is being handled perfectly.

Making investiment into DoT nescessary, removing doubble dipping, increasing ways to increase only the DoT, increase ways to do DoT and removing ailment immunity.

I congratulate the balance team, for coming up with it.

The numerical balance sure will need some fine tuning but is my sincere belief you guys are on the right track with this specific mechanic.
IGN: Pumar, Pumam , PumarR , PumaPunch , PumaWander , PumaCleave, PumaSlams
Interesting. Mechanics changes are good; the game has been solved for a long while, and it'll be good to see people figuring stuff out again.

Additional mods on weapons, however, is worrying. I think I've found five decent wands/scepters since starting in November 2013. Should we be expecting to never find good weapons anymore? Or will the existing list of mods be culled a bit?

Beyond that, and I hate to agree with I_NO, but the area nerf needs another looking at. Before I died yesterday, I was doing a Flameblast totem build in SSF HC Legacy to see if I could get to L90. Being an Elementalist, I still wanted area nodes on the tree to buff the proliferation range. However, in getting those nodes, I basically made the Increased AoE gem on Flameblast itself useless.

The difference between using it and not was maybe a centimeter of radius on my screen -- if it was even that much of a difference. Mathematically, maybe that was indeed the ~45% increase in area mentioned on the gem, but in practice it had no discernible effect on how the character cleared content. If a blast wasn't gonna hit a mob without the gem, it wasn't gonna hit it with it either, so why use it?

The thing is I agree with the sentiment of the nerf! I think people were indeed scaling AoE way too much at the top end. But this nerf was insane. And unfinished given that certain items and gems were left to rot (RIP, Carcass Jack). The nerf has basically invalidated the very notion of investing into AoE. If you're near a cluster, get the notable. You're done. Everything you do after that will hardly matter. And that feels wrong.

It's not surprising, then, that all the top builds right now are projectile-based. 🤔
https://redd.it/p0hyul
this second part is much more encouraging than the first one. make ailments great again !
How this gonna be affected with totem builds? gonna be an increase of damage or its gonna change some conditions regarding their status Ailments?
Now im more confused than ever ,thx
WOOOF.

And all DoT builds died on the vine forevermore...suppose I'd best enjoy this Caustic Arrow character I started on the weekend while it still works.

Yeebus...savage, GGG...
So, can a monster take damage from Ignite and Burning Ground at the same time? Or how would that work?
I'm just curious as to what Explosive Arrow will be like after this.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
So, does this mean Caustic Arrow's tooltip will actually display correctly for the DoT?

We won't need some elaborate external calculator to figure it out anymore?

(Granted, the last time I actually looked at it before now was back like, pre-Talisman, but I remember it being an issue for a loooooooong time)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info