Damage Over Time Changes - Part 2

So, will there now be prefix and suffix Fire/Cold/Lightning modifiers on caster weapons?
My builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1641740
My 6link collection: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1656425
So, lemme get this straight. Attack damage and spell damage isn't going to help poison/ignite/bleed at all (which dooms bleed and poison to being irrelevant for physical attackers), but for some reason you're adding a keystone that will allow crit to help them? Where exactly is your logic or consistency there?
Last edited by Shppy on May 2, 2017, 10:23:51 PM
once again. my favorite blade flurry gladiator sunks deep down on the lowest.
Last edited by akosikelvin14 on May 2, 2017, 10:28:14 PM
Are ignites caused by burning arrow affected by projectile damage modifiers under the new system? It's got burning right in the name!
How will the area damage changes interract with Cyclone? Should it see some kind of AOE/damage or even speed increase to componsate?
Ugh, don't like any of the new affixes. Not only are they super niche, but that just means a larger pool of crap mods to make it even harder to get good gear. Just means builds are just going to rely even more heavily on unique weapons than they already do. No one wants to spend that much time digging for that perfectly rolled weapon.
"
smoorfi wrote:
Are ignites caused by burning arrow affected by projectile damage modifiers under the new system? It's got burning right in the name!

On a similar note, I'm curious if they would consider adding a More modifier projectile damage over time support gem that could help with specific dot ailment builds like poison/ignite wands/bow, the meatball+ember wake builds and fire conversion frost blades(something I'm toying with). I wouldn't consider that necessary or anything, especially not seeing the new skill nodes yet but it could be interesting if balanced appropriately.

I'm also open to the idea that's it's just a terrible suggestion and should just be baked into skill points.

Also, nows my chance to suggest an incinerate threshold jewel that adds an extra projectile for every 40 int allocated in range and increases projectile speed by say 5% for every 10 int? Also flat projectile damage increase with other skills? And plz consider making more channel skills

Really enjoying myself. Keep up the good word guys <3
Last edited by Vakyoom on May 2, 2017, 11:04:42 PM
"
Slicer9875 wrote:
Suppose I poison an enemy using lacerate while using Varunastra and assuming I have adder's touch. This would still count as area damage because it was applied via a hit, right?

From what I understood no, it won't count as area damage.

So many people complaining but the explanation in this manifesto is crystal clear; not to mention those changes open up the build diversity
sell your voidhearts now before their prices drop like a rock!!
nevermind
Last edited by Zaraka00 on May 2, 2017, 10:53:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info