Damage Over Time Changes - Part 2

Will there be any changes to stacking of ailments, e.g. will any of these change, ignoring any new unique items that haven't been announced yet?
  • freeze doesn't stack
  • chill doesn't stack
  • shocks don't stack
  • burns don't normally stack
  • emberwake allows for stacking burns
  • bleed doesn't stack (other than corrupted blood)
  • poison does stack, and there's no specific limit to the number of stacks
2.6 BLS Berserker budget shaper farmer build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1882710
WED isn't just ubiquitous for non-conversion elemental attack builds, its the only support gem that doesn't also do something negative - like complete remove status ailments, lessen the attack damage or have very little value (Innervate, Ice Bite)

Conversion builds get two such gems, either Melee Phys or Projectile Phys, so nerfing WED only really hurts the converted bonus damage for them.

Those that don't convert are already hurting for extra sources of damage.
so TLDR version:

Nerfed skills that affected DoTs
Added skill Nodes to offset the nerfs
Did not add more skill points to be able to take those nodes.
wait a second
I missed this the first time reading these changes

you took away double dipping (great) and then REINTRODUCED it on purpose for elemental attacks?

wtf? WHY? why is double dipping a fucking balancing tool in the first place?

now EA secondary damage will be effected by Wed? really?
it sounds ok for my non crit viperstrike build
Last edited by lightwave on May 2, 2017, 11:50:53 PM
"
grepman wrote:
wait a second

you took away double dipping (great) and then REINTRODUCED it on purpose for elemental attacks?

That isn't what double dipping is. This is a damage bonus affecting both the hit and the ignite. Double dipping was when the damage bonus affected both, but ended up affecting the dot portion twice. This has been removed.
I'd like to ask about blight - will it still be tagged as AoE, even if the damage isn't Area Damage? If not, will you be increasing the base AoE of the skill (again)? Cause if not I will sad panda. This skill was perfect after its first buff - rewarding you for stacking area, and spending the currency on a good empower gem + 6L.
"
KarrdeThuun wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
wait a second

That isn't what double dipping is. This is a damage bonus affecting both the hit and the ignite. Double dipping was when the damage bonus affected both, but ended up affecting the dot portion twice. This has been removed.

Yes, but GGG is still making this new system biased in favor of builds that can scale both the hit and the DoT off the same mods, just like double-dipping abuse does. The results aren't the same, but the build path is, as is the fact that builds that *can't* do that won't do nearly as well as those that can. Which completely defeats the purpose of changing the DoT system in the first place.
Excited to see how these changes will diversify the meta landscape going forward.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
Shppy wrote:
So, lemme get this straight. Attack damage and spell damage isn't going to help poison/ignite/bleed at all (which dooms bleed and poison to being irrelevant for physical attackers), but for some reason you're adding a keystone that will allow crit to help them? Where exactly is your logic or consistency there?

This! While I do like a lot of the changes, I wonder about this too. You just had to add something to ensure that crit builds remains on "the throne", and non-crit builds may even feel more lacking.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info