Damage Over Time Changes - Part 2

Wands don't need a bigger affix pool.
Does this mean that now we can Duel Wield One handed weapons with poison on one and bleed on the other be an assassin without being an assassin?
“ I'm going to build my own Wraeclast with blackjack and hookers. In fact forgot about Wraeclast and the blackjack. Ah screw the whole thing. ” - Exile Bender

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I have two questions:

1.) For a long time, burning arrow has been the ugly red-headed stepchild of PoE. Very few builds have been able to give it even marginal success, and it seemed like in breach with Xoph's bow you were almost trying to do something for it. However these changes hit it right dead center of what little power it has, but yet no mention insofar regarding it. Do you have any plans for burning arrow, or perhaps swap out the starting Ranger gem to shrapnel shot and just kind of ignore it ala' wild strike?

2.) The sections of the tree which are really dedicated to Damage over time (around the Shadow section) have very little survivability. Currently your choices are Chaos Innoculation, or stacking vaal pact leech and evasion hoping not to get one shot. With these changes introducing less "attack" damage for damage over time builds, leech no longer becomes an option - leaving only CI for most DoT builds that aren't a berserker. Do you have any plans to introduce alternative survivability to this part of the tree or a method to leech with damage over time?
Path of 'Every Rule has an Exception' keeps getting better and better. xD
I'm a bit concerned with the exceptions these changes to mechanic would produce. If the changes are not universally applicable, many "special" skills would appear. Too many exceptions makes the game a mess. They screw up players' understanding of the game, make them frustrated and lose the feeling of control. Clearer skill tags/descriptions are definitely needed.

Looking forward to see the examples in the next manifesto.
Will the less weapon damage from Quill Rain now apply to secondary damage, such as from instances of EA?

What about totem, minion, and trap damage - do those double dip? For consistency, they shouldn't. I'd rather GGG make consistent mechanic changes than nerfing the most powerful sources of damage through mechanic changes - otherwise things get to complicated.
"

We'll also be adding powerful new Prefix modifiers to weapons with values equivalent to Spell Damage bonuses. These are exclusive with the primary weapon spell damage modifiers, so you can't have both one of these and a dedicated Spell Damage prefix.
Increased Fire Damage on Sceptres, Staves and Wands
Increased Cold Damage on Sceptres, Staves and Wands
Increased Lightning Damage on Sceptres, Staves and Wands

Is there ANY situation where Increased Cold/Lightning damage is remotely better than Increased Spell damage? If they're exclusive, why the hell would anyone want these garbage mods? Fire damage sure, if you're playing Ignite/Burning, but Cold/Lightning? And don't say attack build, because no one's playing full elemental melee with rare sceptres and staves. Or wands.
"

True GGG stupid kill Path of Exile more nerfed.

Explosive Arrow ignite rip, Caustic Arrow useless, Fireball,...

AoE nerfed....

more nerfed...

Monstre & Boss never nerfed.

Map mod: Monsters 100% ignite hit, Posion hit, extra damage,.... idiot GGG.

Map mod: 20%,40%,60% less regen, no regen. Idiot.
Good, gtfo with the poison/bleeding CI meta slave

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info