Damage Over Time Changes - Part 2

wondering what CA is going to be like vs single-targets
This seems like it's getting really convoluted. Not a fan of all the changes around poison and bleed so far.
As a result of these changes, I infer that minions will still benefit from poison double dipping, is this correct?
To Do List:
-Add Better Minion Supports
-Add More Permanent Minions
GoreFleshSummoner | Low Life Zombie n' Specter Summoner
Summoner Gear: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1633760
You really need to reconsider adding all these mods in the pool of rare weapons. Subtypes such as wands and daggers are already packed.
This looks like it's heading in the right direction.
Although the changes to Caustic Arrow are a little convoluted, as it seems that it is making a special exception for Projectile Damage. I wonder if there are any other DOT projectile skills that get this treatment.

I am also hoping that Caustic Arrow gets a DOT damage buff, because while I love the mechanics of this skill, it's cloud damage was always fairly low, and it was difficult to really build around.
It just took an eternity to kill anything. IDK if this was due to double dipping or anything.
But I hope with these changes it's damage can be bumped up a bit.
Jeez, do we now need a degree in sophistry to play POE? Can't you rather make things easier to understand, rather than harder? With all the exceptions and convoluted wording, I bet there will be quite a few waaay overpowered combinations you've overlooked and many more noob trap skills+supports which don't work intuitively.
Really, if it needs pages of explanations, it's going to be buggy. Like tax law, for example.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
KarrdeThuun wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
wait a second
I missed this the first time reading these changes

you took away double dipping (great) and then REINTRODUCED it on purpose for elemental attacks?

wtf? WHY? why is double dipping a fucking balancing tool in the first place?

now EA secondary damage will be effected by Wed? really?

That isn't what double dipping is. This is a damage bonus affecting both the hit and the ignite. Double dipping was when the damage bonus affected both, but ended up affecting the dot portion twice. This has been removed.
no, its part of the double dipping issue.

remind me how many generic damage increase nodes are there on the tree (not in ascendancy classes)? there's a reason why GGG initially was VERY careful in giving generic damage increases.

and this only makes balance harder. I dont understand why elemental attacks need this kind of bonus. this will produce too many edge cases that will be op that will benefit way more from that.
You can't make anything simple? Jesus Christ.
Nice changes, feels like a breath of fresh air, and was damn sick of current meta!
"
Oilure wrote:
You can't make anything simple? Jesus Christ.

It'll be super easy once you start playing :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info