Damage Over Time Changes - Part 2

questions:
- will temporal chains "other effects on cursed enemies expire 40% slower" now have no effect at all on elemental ailments, bleed & poison?

- elemental damage to chaos conversion get's hit pretty hard by these changes, supposing you can't use critical strikes to buff all ailments and you now have to invest in different DoT nodes from the skilltree to buff elemental ailments and poison. any plans on how to keep those conversion builds alive? eg. will you rework old uniques to get them in line with these changes?
Really disappointed by all of this, I don't support these changes.

Seems overly complex for no reason, and Essence Drain needlessly caught in the crossfire.
I would have preferred more simplification to the rules instead of adding more complexity. Ah well, I will give it a shot.
Interesting. The whole game will shake in the foundations we considered as "facts" since 1.3 / 2.0.

So far it seems like it will kill many builds while leaving others like ele conversion rangers without any downside.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
鬼殺し wrote:

I like the shift to more ailments. That appeals to me deeply; I hope we see more resistances as well, since, surprise surprise, this is precisely how Titan Quest played it. Primary resists and secondary. Wouldn't be surprised if GD did something similar.

Grim Dawn did inherit a lot of mechanics from Titan Quest, so yes, primary and secondary resistances are there too. Like you said, it is not a surprise, but the Devotion system was a surprise for me in Grim Dawn.

Since GGG is going this route with overcooking, it would be nice to have bleed/burn/poison resists as the secondary resistances in PoE.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

i wish there's some 2h maces with a crit base or accuracy or bleed chance instead of stun. stun is non sense at all. with level base of 72. tnx.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Four primary, four secondary.

Please no. It's already enough of a chore to gear characters, even more so if you want to use unique armour/jewelry. The more reliant on top resist rolls on the rares you do have you are, the more difficult it becomes to get by without having to buy every single piece.
"
saladful wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Four primary, four secondary.

Please no. It's already enough of a chore to gear characters, even more so if you want to use unique armour/jewelry. The more reliant on top resist rolls on the rares you do have you are, the more difficult it becomes to get by without having to buy every single piece.

GGG would just need to rework the affix system a bit more to either accept 4 prefix/4 suffix or hybridize the resistances (primary and secondary together as one mod each).
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
MarboroMan wrote:
since poison are ailments then, will they work the same like elemental ailments then?
means: a crit with phys dmg will cause bleeding?
crit with chaos will poison?

guess no, since you already said there will be new weapon prefixes "% chance to cause bleeding/poison"

why is this?
y no chaos dmg crit=poison?

i mean, since u have to rebalance the dmg anyway, you could include this as the standard mechanic for ailments, right?

I'll personaly thinking about fact that crits must don't always inflict status ailments. They must have fixed chanse to inflict ailments, but that chance should not be equal to 100%. Something about 40% - it's will be ok. Rest of that you sould get from '+5% chance to freeze/shock/ignite/bleed/poison' nods from skill tree, support gems and gear parameters. Or use specific support gems, that make you chance is 100%, like poison support right now.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
Two questions:

1) I'm a little confused about Caustic Arrow. You say it will gain a mod so it will be affected by Projectile Damage? Is that just some internal thing you're doing, or some new support gem or similar? Also, CA is doing area damage still, right? Please clarify. And while you're at it, buff CA. It never deserved the nerf it got in 2.1.0.

2) Your statement on Area damage is a bit unclear to me. Will Cyclone still do area damage? That's a big one.

Other than that, cautiously optimistic, but quite worried about Essence Drain.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info