Well its been fun, game too hard so its back to Diablo 3 I go

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I think you should lose a level every death in SC so ppl cant farm GG boss at zero EXP and flood market with warez. Oh well.

+100
Hey, maybe you missed some es nodes? also 75 full resists is rly important, perhaps modify a little bit your gear.
For sure the pre/end game of poe is definitively more technically and hard than d3 but that give it all his charm and personnaly i really like that and i'm sure im not the only one. hope it will never change this aspect. Also this game has really rich and mature community, love this.

"
I am in the d3 necromancer beta.
Dear god that game is a fail now.

D3 is dead for good and it will not change coz of poor lazy/money Blizzard policy.
They dont give a f**c* about fans and others...
Blizzard... shame...
I would stick with it as you're obviously doing it wrong. POE is so much better than D3 it's almost an objective truth to say so.

Or flee back to the sweet embrace of perpetual incremental main stat upgrades and the raw fecal matter that is Diarrhea 3.
"
AgentChaos360 wrote:
"
innervation wrote:
Your title says 'well its been fun'. Doesn't sound like you had much fun. At least you know when to stop and play something you enjoy more. Gl hf.

I've had fun on my zerker using molten strike and pyre and making my screen explode with gore and stuff, but I don't want to play only one character.

I've tried other builds. I like my chaos vortex witch, but I get killed on a tier 1 map with 1.5k hp and 3.5k es. My resists are good. Monsters just hit too hard.

Even with my armored zerker most trash mobs can take 15% bite out of his health but I have instant regen. Don't have that on my witch.

Lol...

this is a joke ?
any patch of chaos will kill you, ES depleted in second = dead, I've seen further that you where not resist caped ? of course you always die. Mind you there's level 100 in HC ssf...
Try to understand the basics before jumping on builds...

anyway good way back to DIII...
... nothing
"
AgentChaos360 wrote:

All the build says is gem setup, uniques I need, skill tree etc.

I didn't realize I need to have 75% resist I didn't think a few percentage points mattered. I'm using ele resist flasks right now.

I'm not going CI until I have at least 6k-10k es. I need my hp.

I think what might help is an immortal call setup, but I'm all out of money to reroll sockets and links. I think the guide did have an immortal call setup so I need to look into that.

I am very serious btw. I didn't have this trouble in diablo 3. Although I haven't played in a while. This game is ok.

There is at least one critical error you have assuming not going for Chaos Inoculation is better for you.
That is not the case. Going CI will make you 100% IMMUNE to chaos damage (which instantly kills you at the moment since it bypasses your energy shield and you only have 1000 hp). Also CI has some very nice Energy Shield nodes behind it. One of these gives you 15% MORE energy shield, which is a multiplier to any shield you have (and as such a huge bonus to it).

If you need further advice on gear pm me ingame and we will get you some good gear with decent ES values and capped out resistances for a few chaos.
IGN: Kyrell
Haha, okay. I will actually make an attempt at an informative post. This is what I would say to someone who "actually" had the aforementioned problems. I mean, besides wtf? But, I digress... First of all, POE is a lot more complex than other ARPGS in terms of systems. At first glace it can feel overwhelming or refreshing, or a combination of both. Depending on what kind of personality you have I reckon you would differ to one of the aforesaid categories. Personally, I found it refreshing. A game that blows your mind when you first see the skill tree for the first time and you have a feeling somewhere between, "oh shit" and "fuck me." We all remember that. Well most of us. I'm not too sure about some people around here....

But with that said...

"
AgentChaos360 wrote:
Keep dying on es characters and I normally love casters in rpgs.

You are dying because Chaos Damage ignores Energy Shield unless you are passably Chaos Inoculated or have some type of gear with a stat line that reads; "Chaos Damage Does Not Bypass Energy Shield".

In your case: ES don't do shit vs Chaos and you fucking die like a noob cuz' you have no life. Haha.

"
AgentChaos360 wrote:
Game too confusing I have to follow build guides exactly and even then they don't work.

They don't work because you clearly don't understand the core concepts that make it work. You read too quickly young padawan. Or mayhaps the build you are following is shit. I don't know what build it is that you are running so I can't make that assumption. Yet, you would be wise to keep in mind that, despite might what be popular opinion, some of the builds authored on the internet are shit. Shit, at least in comparison to anything close to meta. Yet, that don't mean you can't enjoy it as your first character and don't forget to accompany that experience with that of learning.

In your case: don't expect to mash keys, click shit, and be successful out the gate. You actually have to (sort of) know what you're doing before you can get to that level of cognitive play. Naturally, yet shocking... I know.

"
AgentChaos360 wrote:
Not a big fan of "buying" my gear in order to progress.

Usually I am geared to the tits by the time I hit maps. LMFAO riight. Usually, I am still wearing whites and shit the odd time I hit maps. Not ideal, but the point is that you don't really need jack shit, a part from what you do find yourself, in order to reach maps in Path of Exile. But that's not going to happen to you because you're going to start paying attention to what you equip and the significance of 75 resists vs 69. Furthermore, you're going to require more than 75 = all; when you factor in modifications such as Elemental Weakness. Map mods.

Few notes for early progression: (Not always the case, but % vs flat.)
You're casting spells so link your shit right and dps shouldn't be an issue early on.
Melee/Bow tends to require periodically upgraded weapons whilst leveling.

"
AgentChaos360 wrote:
Too much loot, all of it crap.

Get an item filter. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1246208
Start with semi strict and adapt into strict when you know wtf you're doing.

"
AgentChaos360 wrote:
Uniques suck and penalize you for using them, infernal mantle, voidbringers etc

Knowledge. Be inspired by it.

"
AgentChaos360 wrote:
Mechanics too confusing

Knowledge. Be inspired by it.

"
AgentChaos360 wrote:
Skills are boring, when I play a fireball build, I want a skyrim fireball that explodes.

Go play Skyrim.

"
AgentChaos360 wrote:
Game punishes you with exp loss (how am I supposed to level up?)

Try not dying... Maybe?

"
AgentChaos360 wrote:
Microtransactions for storage, I've spent probably over around $100 for storage, more than I would on Diablo.

How long have you been playing this game? Surly, you must have been playing for at least a little whiling before deciding to spend 100$ on storage. I suppose the game and your opinion of it might have enticed you to do that? But, maybe it was something else.

--

How did I do?
SUPPORT TAGS LIMIT REACHED!!?? - Fine then....
twitch.tv/amity13
Last edited by AmityXIII on Apr 30, 2017, 5:25:11 AM
no, U DONT NEED TO FOLLOW A GUIDE TO GET A GOOD CHARACTER !!!!! but,yes u have to learn a lot to be good at POE ...in this game,knowledge is the best weapon u can get....

seems u need to be taken by the hand to enjoy a game ,so , noobland (diablo 3) seems to be the perfect game for u ...

like GGG say in the introduction : Wraeclast is an unforgiven place ,only the strong survive ....

sorry for u ...
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
Last edited by xxxcobaltxxx on Apr 30, 2017, 5:17:41 AM
Red maps (and other high content) are now more accesble than ever. There is so many cheap strong builds for any purpose from MF'ing to fast clearing maps, from Uber lab farming to boss farming. People complete maps in a minute rocking insane experience and currencie gain. People reach lvl 100 in HC in less than 2 days.

Lol this Thread. If anything Path of Exile continue to become easier and easier while still being hard for new / inexperienced / extremely casual players though.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Apr 30, 2017, 5:31:38 AM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
If anything Path of Exile continue to become easier and easier while still being hard for new / inexperienced / extremely casual players though.

Yes, that's the whole point dude..... The more experience you have and the better you understand the game, the easier it becomes for you. You make it sound like some kind of flaw, it isn't, it's great game design and what you just said is evidence that it is working.
Guys I think the main issue IS too low ES. If you pm me when online I can give some high es (7-800) 5L crafted armor to you and some gear (void battery) etc... Get the atziri boots and some spellblock there and ALL FOR FREE.

Pm me and I know you will return after seeing D3.

...clap...

PS: you can get all my legacy items if you want no joke!
Spoiler
not a joke, did this before...
No Problem,
Exile

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info