I really hate lab

I hate doing (Uber) LAB to be honest, just totally not my cup of coffee.

However, I am basically a spineless scrub, a pitiful wreck of a player and luckily, I am pretty old as well, so that gives me the ability to run the lab, "suck it up" so to speak, and then literally forget about ever doing it. Kinda like lobotomy, but less painful.

Through the time, I did not find any way to really channel my wish for LAB to be changed to GGG in any meaningful way, so I gave up taking up the fight.

I just wish someone full of energy manages to bend the right ear and Uber Lab could be reworked to be at least re-entrant in case of a crash. Dammit. Just writing it evokes old hurts.
"
aldorus wrote:
I hate doing (Uber) LAB to be honest, just totally not my cup of coffee.

However, I am basically a spineless scrub, a pitiful wreck of a player and luckily, I am pretty old as well, so that gives me the ability to run the lab, "suck it up" so to speak, and then literally forget about ever doing it. Kinda like lobotomy, but less painful.

Through the time, I did not find any way to really channel my wish for LAB to be changed to GGG in any meaningful way, so I gave up taking up the fight.

I just wish someone full of energy manages to bend the right ear and Uber Lab could be reworked to be at least re-entrant in case of a crash. Dammit. Just writing it evokes old hurts.

Yeah that's all I really want lmao is DC protection, atm sometimes if you do a carry and the customer is in EU whereas I am in TX realm there are sometimes issues.

It also wouldn't kill it if we could trade in the Aspirant's Trial prep room... Sometimes you question missing out on good trades that exceed the value of an offering.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
[...]

Before jumping in, trying to be condescending, you should probably have checked from the start of the argument :
"
torturo wrote:
The hardcore-ness of PoE is an outdated propaganda. Taking into account the game evolution, PoE stopped being hardcore since the end of 2013.

(This was the original statement that I was referring too.)

That would have saved you that embarrassing post.

With all due respect, Fruz, I think you need to grow a thicker skin. You have accused others of lying, of spreading fallacies, of posting "in bad faith" (a form of deception), of making pathetic posts (or being plain pathetic), of being ignorant, of not using common sense, of trolling, and of being toxic. All as a tactic to address someone who is disagreeing with you, and that's just what I've picked out of your posts over the past few pages of a single thread!

Yes I did say all of that, I thought it, I think it, and I would not hesitate a single second to say it again.
None of it has been a tactic to address anything.
But I guess that's what people that cannot understand the why, or try to convince themselves of otherwise, would think.

Here, it started with me quoting a post speaking of the "hardcore-ness" of PoE, not the league technical terms.
One person misunderstood it, you believed that person and you just tried to flamm me on that.
Turns out you're in the misunderstanding too, it happens, no biggie.

By the way, I am not sure if you are being aware of it, but that post of yours (that I am not fully quoting) is actually condescending.

So yeah, I did ignore the fact that Turtle was misunderstanding Torturo (and me), because I do not spend all my time picking up on people missing stuff here.
Maybe I should have done that though.
I kind of ignored the "derailment" from the message that I originally quoted, I did find it a bit obvious.
Seems like you didn't see it.

And no, the lab giving a "hardcore-like" experience does not necessarily means the technical term only, it's a purely subjective thing.
The lab does put more pressure than the rest of the game in many ways, and that is a component of a hardcore gameplay.
You need to try to understand that, you need to try to understand the fact that the lab isn't just trying to replace the hardcore league ( technical term this time, just in case ... ), it is actually not relevant. There is one similarity between the labyrinth and the hardcore league ( technical term again here ), only one.
The labyrinth itself is much more than just one thing.

What is condescending isn't the argument, it seldom is usually, it is the way you put your answer.
But it's okay, I was just pointing it out so that you would know, one can be condescending without doing it on purpose, maybe you were, no need to get offended, this is just an internet forum about a video game.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Mar 31, 2017, 12:46:26 PM
Nothing to see here. Move along.
Proud member of the Vocal Minority
Last edited by ShaUrley on Mar 31, 2017, 2:51:05 PM
"
goetzjam wrote:

The boss isn't over tuned you simply don't have enough experience it seems like to understand the mechanics around him.

My main point being is the game is easier now then ever before, easier to get items (more frequent drops), easier to get currency, easier to trade, easier to get more power (jewels, ect), more powerful uniques and to top it off the lab provides a massive amount of power for the time invested, probably the largest amount of power you can get per time invested.

The point is not if the lab is easy or hard. It's that it is a different game then the rest of POE and a lot of people simply do not enjoy it. Personally I dislike it a lot. I also dislike the second half of Act 4 even more.

I am hoping that GGG doesn't screw up 3.0. They have a bad habit of simply leaving broken content in the game while working on the new shiny.
"
RannXeroxx wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

The boss isn't over tuned you simply don't have enough experience it seems like to understand the mechanics around him.

My main point being is the game is easier now then ever before, easier to get items (more frequent drops), easier to get currency, easier to trade, easier to get more power (jewels, ect), more powerful uniques and to top it off the lab provides a massive amount of power for the time invested, probably the largest amount of power you can get per time invested.

The point is not if the lab is easy or hard. It's that it is a different game then the rest of POE and a lot of people simply do not enjoy it. Personally I dislike it a lot. I also dislike the second half of Act 4 even more.

I am hoping that GGG doesn't screw up 3.0. They have a bad habit of simply leaving broken content in the game while working on the new shiny.

The lab isn't going anywhere in 3.0.0, and what you called "broken content" isn't actually broken, nor it is a big enough "problem" for GGG to consider changing it for now.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
RannXeroxx wrote:

It is indeed a troubling trend.

I mean, I understand the WHY of it. New content is sexier; it's a better way to attract new players.

Whereas fixing broken content (in the widest sense of the word) is not as conducive to generating new revenue, because existing investment in the game is often all that is needed to keep old players in the game.

So from a business point of view, it makes perfect sense. The problem which presents itself is one which takes years to take shape, and that is a gradual erosion of integrity, alongside a gradual erosion in the overall quality of the game. The latter, at least, is something I know Chris cares about, but the benefits of prioritizing it are spread out over a very, very long period of time.

That makes it easier to neglect, or even forget completely. I truly hope GGG doesn't fall into that trap.
Wash your hands, Exile!
+1, another DC, game server lost contact with the realm. and instance lost, uber lab 2 keys midway.. comon ggg please give more portals or at least make sure dc instance not lost. comon!

screen cap here, you can see the ads still up, means not my net outage..
Last edited by EdenRage on Apr 1, 2017, 4:48:17 AM
and again.. ridiculous piece of shiat!

Network (and client) stability has been particularly bad lately, for me as well.

Despite the vociferous claims to the contrary of one especially active participant and detractor of this thread, they remain an issue for GGG.

It's not the Lab designer's fault that they happen, but it certainly is the Lab designer's fault that it was designed in such a way to make PoE's natural flaws stand out in such stark relief.
Wash your hands, Exile!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info