[2.6] IMMORTAL MF GOLEMS - Shaper / Uber / ALL Guardians *WHILE DEAD*

6link can be hit or miss I bought a 700 ES chest for 30c then linked it in 20fus try not to focus so much on the price of it when evaluating cost of the build a 5link is more than enough for lake / maps
IGN: McA_ArcTrap
Replying to this thread so I can find it later, and to indicate I am trying this build as my first time playing this game. Whooo noobie
"
Hollycz wrote:
also question about elemental equilibrium. this does not affect golem attacks at all? meaning if they get hit by fire attack they get 25% fire resist, correct? only ball lighting or whatever i use will proc that passive.

You have EE. Your golems dont. Nothing happens to them if THEY get hit by anything. You must trigger EE.
"
Hollycz wrote:
also question about elemental equilibrium. this does not affect golem attacks at all? meaning if they get hit by fire attack they get 25% fire resist, correct? only ball lightning or whatever i use will proc that passive.

Indeed this is question for me too... So if first golem cast his fire spell or hit mob get +25 resist to fire, 5 other golems casting and hitting enemy that already have +25 resist from first hit of first golem, so this seems big downside to this build where we can't mix element dmg more frequent, and only way this skill woud give -50 resist to fire on enemy is ball lightning wich have time to travel and casting or arc totem but than we woud not have scorching ray totem that stucks -fire resist. Overall it seems the only one profit is on boss where we are alive and casting ball lightning... its look so questionable. Do we need to take off this passive point on shpaer or guards cus we will die and woun't be able to cast ball lightning ?
Last edited by SoulTakeRrr on Mar 24, 2017, 2:05:04 AM
"
Wukufyze wrote:
"
For how expensive this build is I don't think I'm satisfied with how "fast" the golems clear maps. While the golems do have insane damage and eventually become immortal, it feels like such a hassle to run maps.

When running maps I have to back track way to much and I feel like I have to "babysit" my golems as in run slowly past all the packs of mobs so my golems actually kill them. I thought I would have been able to just run through the map without having to constantly guide my golems every couple of seconds.

Convocation helps but on an 8 second CD it doesn't get the job done. Flesh offering + Vaal haste also helps but overall it still feels like its to much work to clear maps and has slowish clear speed.

With that said.. I still don't have all the required items due to the skyrocket in the prices of jewels. What I do have is seven primordial harmony's and the one primordial might. I still don't have the anima stone which means I'm missing out on 2 golems.

How is mapping for everyone else? Can you actually just run through the map and kill most of the monsters without stopping? Do those 2 extra golems make the difference between slow and fast clear speed? Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong? I'm trying hard to enjoy this build but it doesn't seem to be working for me.

You are probably doing something wrong in regards to your pathing. You do not need to backtrack at all; your golems will teleport to you if you are far enough. If you can afford to free up 3 gem slots, then link them to a Lightning Warp/FS/Reduced Dur. setup to get around and your golems will teleport to you much more often.

I use convocation (without reduced CD enchant currently) very sparingly and onyl when I need them to clump up and kill a specific mob. Otherwise, flesh offering + Lightning Warp in an open map is very smooth 99% of the time.

At level 86, I am averaging about 220 mil/hour experience per Shaped Mesa, for example.

I have to agree you're doing something wrong. When leveling this in Breach I had screenshots of solo shaped strands yielding 550 million an hour or more map after map. With the jewels your golems literally kill everything in one hit, as fast as you can move them or they move themselves.

You can also use Essence of Fear on Gold Rings and Amulet for example, and craft the minion movement speed affix on them. You will definitely notice their speed, this can roll with decent defensive stats for you, and cheaper than getting high end magic find gear. This might be much better for you at your current progression level through the build.

The lightning warp is excellent if you have the sockets for it, basically adds clear speed and a free convocate on no cooldown.
"
tntkiller wrote:
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:

checked you setup and i now have about the same setup...need a few more enchants and crystal belt with resist on them, lowering the 11 quantity isnt much of a loss)

handy tip i found that the mana you have left over on your setup a tad low so just below the CI skill on the tree is the infuence notable the first notable is 4% reduced mana reservation...its a pretty nice boost in mana for just 1 skillpoint..(and you have a max lvl ball lightning that cost 27 mana while a lvl 1 just 14)

my chars are viewable so you can check it out :)

I also suggest the node for reserve, in addition to the leadership cluster by the scion ES wheel. My standard golems have this.
"
SoulTakeRrr wrote:
"
iEUnbreakable wrote:
"20% increased Golem Damage for each Type of Golem you have Summoned"

10 Primordial Harmony at 20% is 200% damage Per Golem type out.
Flame=200
Ice=200
lightning=200
Chaos=200
Stone=200

Only 1 golem of each type will provide for the bonus meaning 1 flame + 1 Ice = 400% the same as 3 flame + 3 ice = 400%

It IS how it works.

so what is better for mapping and bosses?
1) 6 flame golems that gain power from 6 gems
2) 4 flame + lightning + ice
3) 2 flame + lightning + ice + Chaos + stone
5) high es shield and 5 diffrent golems
and what is more efficient high es shield or +1 golem from clayshaper.

4+1+1 for bosses, this is your highest single target dps.

6 Flame or 5+1 for mapping. Rarity/Cull on non-flame golem for more loot.

Please keep in mind that Chaos and Stone golems are NOT elemental golems, and do not have immunity to elemental damage. They can die.
"
TPBA wrote:
How do you guys afford this build? Did you start with another build and then rerolled in this?

I am at dried lake, with 4 Golems and crappy gear.

For the jewels, 6L and enchanted hubris I need 30ex+?! Just farm dried lake till my eyes bleed?
With 4 Golems, do I go 4 Fire; 3 fire and 1 other; 2 fire 2 other; or all different?

I would go 4 flame or 3+1, but since you dont have all the jewels 4 flame might be best.

I started ancestral warchief and rerolled to golems.

However, its worth noting that since I posted this guide, harmonies have gone from 10-12c to 35-40c and mights up to 3.5-4ex. This really inflates the up front cost but it will definitely be made back just solo mapping.
"
SoulTakeRrr wrote:
"
Hollycz wrote:
also question about elemental equilibrium. this does not affect golem attacks at all? meaning if they get hit by fire attack they get 25% fire resist, correct? only ball lightning or whatever i use will proc that passive.

Indeed this is question for me too... So if first golem cast his fire spell or hit mob get +25 resist to fire, 5 other golems casting and hitting enemy that already have +25 resist from first hit of first golem, so this seems big downside to this build where we can't mix element dmg more frequent, and only way this skill woud give -50 resist to fire on enemy is ball lightning wich have time to travel and casting or arc totem but than we woud not have scorching ray totem that stucks -fire resist. Overall it seems the only one profit is on boss where we are alive and casting ball lightning... its look so questionable. Do we need to take off this passive point on shpaer or guards cus we will die and woun't be able to cast ball lightning ?

You misunderstand the functional mechanics of EE.

YOU have EE. Your golems do not. They cannot trigger EE, they only benefit when YOU trigger EE for them

Scorching Ray does not HIT, therefore it cannot trigger EE. I am using it on a totem for extra fire res pen and it works very well.

Ball lightning, Arc totem- these HIT so these can trigger EE.

Triggering EE for your golems is 50% MORE damage, not increased :)
"
styyled wrote:

You misunderstand the functional mechanics of EE.

YOU have EE. Your golems do not. They cannot trigger EE, they only benefit when YOU trigger EE for them

Scorching Ray does not HIT, therefore it cannot trigger EE. I am using it on a totem for extra fire res pen and it works very well.

Ball lightning, Arc totem- these HIT so these can trigger EE.

Triggering EE for your golems is 50% MORE damage, not increased :)

Oh thanks thats make a big diffrence :)
also what if to use orb of storms insteed of ball lightning. Beams will hit 6sec so we get +time if we will die and less need to stop for recast, but lower hit distance maybe or this will not even be like our hit and will not proc EE ?
Last edited by SoulTakeRrr on Mar 24, 2017, 2:43:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info