[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

"
Yeah, running discipline and 2 purities in the helm with an enlighten, running vitality and clarity in the scepter with blood magic, and purity of fire in the ring. I have 31 mana left. The boots have orb of storms with curse on hit. I was swapping auras around earlier playing with a ring and seeing what changed with what. That's why it's probably out in my profile. Everything should be back yo right now.
That makes way more sense.
Personally I still wouldn't do it, the Witchfire route gives us advantages you're missing out on, but at least it's a choice rather than a mistake.

Just so it's an informed decision...
Flam gives lovely no flask tooltip DPS. It looks great. In reality, we really only need our damage boosts against the odd Abyss rare and high level end game bosses which is where curse effectiveness starts to fall off. At that point, where the build isn't scaling curse effect, the damage boost from Witchfire (which is part DoT boost and only part curse, completely ignoring the defensive utility it also provides us) and say an added Arcane Surge on OoS would provide more damage against normal mobs and even more again damage against the important Shaper/Guardians.

It does require a more active playstyle with a little more flask spamming and managing refills, but it's not difficult and does provide enough benefits (damage bump and defense bump - also allowing an extra free gem slot to put in even more defensive utility with something like Enduring Cry) to warrant it.

If it suits your playstyle as is, go nuts with it. It's not a case of 'not working'. But if you're looking to scale your damage and aim for the end game big guys, it'll be worth switching it out.

"
raie2 wrote:
Still pretty new to PoE so I'd appreciate any help.

1)looking at the skill tree for this build, wouldn't the 4 nodes left of Coldhearted Calculation to Trickery give more damage than the Explosive Impact cluster to the left of Elemental Overload since they both would cost 4 points? Or is the 4% cast speed more valuable?

2) Does energy shield regen rate affect the regen from Zealot's Oath?

3) How do the increased effect of non-curse auras work? I don't see a difference in any of the auras' tool tips.

4) Do the bonuses from Unwavering Faith apply for each aura or only once?
1) Cast speed helps us get or SR to 8 stacks faster, so it does help (not our tooltips, but effective damage increase), but it's the area of effect that makes that cluster preferable to the Trickster routing. If you've a very specific goal in mind (e.g. Shaper farming) you can easily swap to Trickster, but for mapping the trade off between the damage gained and AoE lost wouldn't be worth it for me. Everyone is different though, so go with what works for you.

2) Don't understand that question to be honest.
ZO makes life regen apply to ES. So ZO affects our ES regen rate assuming we have some life regen to add there.
Do you mean ES Recovery Rate modifiers? Or something else I might be missing?
Your best bet there is to fire up Path of Building and play around with it. You can test out most interactions there, normally with more accuracy than you can get on your character sheet in game.

3) A good example of where PoB is more accurate. Your ES/regen from Discipline is going up from auras with the aura effect node, but the tooltip is ignoring that and displaying the number irrelevant of that boost being applied. Jump on PoB and you'll see the ES Regen/Net Life Regen numbers jump. They're like that in game too, just not visible (similar issues with ES Recovery Rate modifiers on belts/Beast Fur Shawl not displaying on Character Sheet).

4) Each aura.
Jump in to PoB and quickly toggle on/off some mana auras while keeping an eye on your Phys Damage Reduction. It'll toggle +/-1% as you enable/disable each mana aura (avoid the Blood Magic ones, as they also impact armour based on reservation so adding more variables into the mix).
Hi guys,

Currently lvl 75, I'm working on my gear to prepare the change from life to es / low life.

I bought a shaped stygian vise ilvl81 to try to craft it, and I get that after spending 10alt + 1 aug + 1 rgal :

I'm so surprised that this happens that I dunno what to do next ... Can an experimented crafter help me with what do do next ?

spam an ex ? block something ?

Thanks for your answers
"
BruteLegacy wrote:
Did some testing with mobility with shield charge, not very useful other than having fortify up. @ around the lvl 100 Masters It's like 50/50 either i run train on them or one good slip-up and I'm done. Stats wise looks tanky, feels a bit fluffy at times. My Res is only maxed at 84%, had a lot of ex to spend so i bought what was best on poetrade to fit this build. Is there anything I'm missing or don't have right that could be effecting my survivability?
Shield charge is 100% worth it just to get that fortify up. Makes a huge difference. Can also help applying EE/EO if you've some added lightning/cold on rings or jewels which helps boost clear speed.

Not as good for actual movement as something like Leap Slam or Lightning Warp where you won't snag on every corner, but still pretty great to help keep us alive.

- The Dory is bad rolls. Either hit it with a divine or two or see if you can snag a better one for a decent price.
- ES recovery rate on the belt would make a big difference to your survivability. It'll be a challenge working around the res you'd lose and the 9% ES, but the regen boost if you can get it is fantastic.
- The flat ES on the jewel in the belt is pretty low. If you can get that up closer to 50 it'd scale nicely.
- The roll on the Witchfire is pretty poor. Can grab an extra 15% damage there with a better roll (cheaper to buy than divine I'd imagine).
- Quality up all the flasks you're using for the extra uptime, it all helps
Does the enchantment word of flames proc EE? Or is it like RF and SR and not count as "hitting"?
"
Bjdahlmanoeth wrote:
Does the enchantment word of flames proc EE? Or is it like RF and SR and not count as "hitting"?

It hits and procs ee

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Word_of_Flames
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last edited by Ahfack on Jan 27, 2018, 2:16:29 PM
"
TsuDhoNim wrote:
"
raie2 wrote:
Still pretty new to PoE so I'd appreciate any help.

1)looking at the skill tree for this build, wouldn't the 4 nodes left of Coldhearted Calculation to Trickery give more damage than the Explosive Impact cluster to the left of Elemental Overload since they both would cost 4 points? Or is the 4% cast speed more valuable?

2) Does energy shield regen rate affect the regen from Zealot's Oath?

3) How do the increased effect of non-curse auras work? I don't see a difference in any of the auras' tool tips.

4) Do the bonuses from Unwavering Faith apply for each aura or only once?
1) Cast speed helps us get or SR to 8 stacks faster, so it does help (not our tooltips, but effective damage increase), but it's the area of effect that makes that cluster preferable to the Trickster routing. If you've a very specific goal in mind (e.g. Shaper farming) you can easily swap to Trickster, but for mapping the trade off between the damage gained and AoE lost wouldn't be worth it for me. Everyone is different though, so go with what works for you.

2) Don't understand that question to be honest.
ZO makes life regen apply to ES. So ZO affects our ES regen rate assuming we have some life regen to add there.
Do you mean ES Recovery Rate modifiers? Or something else I might be missing?
Your best bet there is to fire up Path of Building and play around with it. You can test out most interactions there, normally with more accuracy than you can get on your character sheet in game.

3) A good example of where PoB is more accurate. Your ES/regen from Discipline is going up from auras with the aura effect node, but the tooltip is ignoring that and displaying the number irrelevant of that boost being applied. Jump on PoB and you'll see the ES Regen/Net Life Regen numbers jump. They're like that in game too, just not visible (similar issues with ES Recovery Rate modifiers on belts/Beast Fur Shawl not displaying on Character Sheet).

4) Each aura.
Jump in to PoB and quickly toggle on/off some mana auras while keeping an eye on your Phys Damage Reduction. It'll toggle +/-1% as you enable/disable each mana aura (avoid the Blood Magic ones, as they also impact armour based on reservation so adding more variables into the mix).

Thanks for the response. I've been trying to use PoB, but its pretty confusing when you first get started.

For my question 2, I meant do energy rate recovery modifiers affect the life regen applied to energy shield by Zealot's Oath or does it strictly affect natural energy shield regen (the one you get when you don't get hit for a while).

Also, for the sake of covering all bases, does Zealot's Oath remove the natural energy shield regen or do we have 2 sources of energy shield regen now? Just wondering since not all passive tree nodes are explained completely in game (ancestral call for example).
Just killed shaper.. Struggled a little, used 3 portals cause I was dumb, i felt some lack of damage, but it was OK.

Now I'm going to to trty uber atziri, any tips on what to improve so I dont fail ?
"
raie2 wrote:
For my question 2, I meant do energy rate recovery modifiers affect the life regen applied to energy shield by Zealot's Oath or does it strictly affect natural energy shield regen (the one you get when you don't get hit for a while).
Stepping back for a second, we've three different things that effect our Energy Shield.

- Energy Shield Regeneration is what happens continually over time, our passive regaining of ES. That happens whether we're getting hit or not and what is very important to us to sustain our RF.
- Energy Shield Recharge is what happens when you don't take damage for a while. It never* (in normal circumstances - there are some exceptions like Vaal Discipline) applies to us as we're always taking burning damage from RF.
- Energy Shield Recovery is a term used to describe a modifier that effects all sources of gaining ES (or life or mana). That alters both our recharge and regeneration rates (as well as all other sources like leech or flasks when relevant, but doesn't apply to us obviously).

It's hard to say with 100% certainty on that specific case (given that the in game numbers around recovery are a little messed up and ignore it on the character sheet), but assuming PoB calcs are processed in the correct order (limited testing suggests they are) the ES Recovery Rate Modifier does apply to all life regen nodes/modifiers on gear to scale up that regen.

"
raie2 wrote:
Also, for the sake of covering all bases, does Zealot's Oath remove the natural energy shield regen or do we have 2 sources of energy shield regen now? Just wondering since not all passive tree nodes are explained completely in game (ancestral call for example).
I'm not sure I'd describe it in either of those terms, but of the two it'd be "we have 2 sources".

ES regen still applies to our regen, but now anywhere you see life regen that also applies to our ES regen too. Worth mentioning (pretty sure Ahfack mentioned it recently) the % applied is based off our higher ES numbers, not our life numbers.
"
Berkleys wrote:
Now I'm going to to trty uber atziri, any tips on what to improve so I dont fail ?

- Sell that Watcher's Eye. We don't hit so can't leech. You'd get a flat Vitality or maybe a % Discipline (~twice as good as the flat vitality) for around the same price you'd sell that one for and gain a lot from it.
- Witchfire flask can roll another 12% damage (probably cheaper to buy a good roll than to divine it)
- Quality up all your flasks for more uptime
(- For mapping I'd swap the Sorrow for a Sulpher of Wardin to help keep the curses in check)
- A belt with 20% ES recovery would be a big boost to regen, but might be tough given the stats/res it holds
- A L21 Scorching Ray would give you a nice damage boost
- 2% regen enchant on boots and 'of light' on gloves would give a big regen boost
- I'd unspec out of Path of the Savant (and the 3 nodes to it) and grab the jewel socket at Quick Recovery and the one right of Holy Fire with the 2 nodes to it
(if you've decent jewels you'll gain from it for ES and a huge damage boost. If you don't have decent jewels it's obviously less attractive for now, but should still be the aim)
- Your Dory can roll a nice bump higher than it currently is (probably cheaper and safer to buy a well rolled one and flip your own than to divine)
- Your Energy From Within can give you an extra 2% ES with a better roll (that one can be cheaper to divine at times, but as always check the market before deciding)

The extra damage would give you will help a bit, but in Uber it really is a case of getting the mechanics right. Worth taking some time to ensure you know all of the moves and what you need to watch for (e.g. staying away from the spear during the split phase, avoiding the phys degen on a Trio death, limiting the enrage time on the Vaals).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info