[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

"
Ahfack wrote:
"
ThrownJupiter wrote:
Here is my current gear, I'm seemingly having alot of trouble with regen.
I'm using Soul of Arakaali for 5% rDoT + Captured Arachnoxia and Soul of Tukohama w/ Towering Ancient.

Does anyone have any ideas?

The +2 fire gems in your sceptre doesn't do anything for your PoF unless it's a level 21 gem.

Level 23 is the break point.

+2max fire res/5rdot shield

1%regen from oak?

20%es recovery shaper belt

Can craft mana to rings for more es

Why are you using a lions roar? :)

Mobile so can't look at tree

Having +2 fire level gems doesn't make my level 20 PoF a level 22 Pof? I figured it would. I figured the +41 max mana (gives me ES), the +2 Fire gems, +40% ele damage, and the 34% inc fire damage would be good. I don't have / can't afford a corrupted 21 PoF yet but I'm leveling multiple PoF and trying to corrupt one myself in the mean time.

I DO have 5rdot on my shield, not +2% fire res though. It's 247 ES though, so I thought it was a good shield.

I DO have 1% regen from Oak.

Ah, I get more ES from flat mana because of Sanctuary of Thought? If I'm understanding it correctly.. I will look into that, but I'm at almost 9k ES right now in abyss.

Yeah... idk why I'm using lion's roar to be honest. For some reason, Lion's Roar looked like Rumi's lol.

I'll work on getting a 20% ES recovery shaper belt and 21 PoF.
"
ThrownJupiter wrote:
Having +2 fire level gems doesn't make my level 20 PoF a level 22 Pof? I figured it would. I figured the +41 max mana (gives me ES), the +2 Fire gems, +40% ele damage, and the 34% inc fire damage would be good. I don't have / can't afford a corrupted 21 PoF yet but I'm leveling multiple PoF and trying to corrupt one myself in the mean time.

I DO have 5rdot on my shield, not +2% fire res though. It's 247 ES though, so I thought it was a good shield.

Ah, I get more ES from flat mana because of Sanctuary of Thought? If I'm understanding it correctly.. I will look into that, but I'm at almost 9k ES right now in abyss.

Yeah... idk why I'm using lion's roar to be honest. For some reason, Lion's Roar looked like Rumi's lol.

It makes it a l22 PoF, but we only get the extra max res at levels 20 and then again at 23. So a 22 gives you more fire res, but not more max res. Getting PoF to 23 is important so best of luck with the corruptions. Worth considering grabbing a +3 unset in the meantime. At 81% fire res bumping that to 82% is over 5% reduction in the fire degen we suffer.

The ~250 ES doesn't get close to making up for the extra degen you suffer. If you can't afford a +2max with 5rDoT just grab a RotP for now. You'll drop some ES, but your regen will make you far tankier in the mean time.

Prioritise both of those as per Ahfack's feedback ahead of any of the tree stuff.

On the tree...

- Drop Written in Blood for now (+4 nodes)
- Drop the 6% ES under Foresight (+5 nodes)
- Grab the Melding notable (+4 nodes)
- Grab the 4 nodes under Deep Wisdom

- I actually hate saying it as you have some nice damage jewels compared to most, but drop the weakest of them for an Energy From Within jewel at the Melding cluster to bump your ES and regen. Need to stay alive to do that deeps.
(You're only short 12 Dex without the Viper Bliss jewel, so might be able to craft that on something with an open suffix rather than giving up a nice jewel spot for it)

Over the next 4 levels I'd personally grab the 8% ES over Arcane Focus, then Ancestral Knowledge (ES, damage and a lil' regen) and Aura Effect node at Sov (regen and a lil ES). Then unspec out of those last two with the fourth level up to grab the mana jewel in the top right (pathing nodes not worth it until you can get the jewel, so worth the 2 regrets IMHO) assuming you'll have a decent jewel to pop in there.

Those tweaks will help, but it's the shield and PoF that make the real difference for you.

is blood magic + mortal conviction any good for this?
"
Sigx wrote:
is blood magic + mortal conviction any good for this?

No. Blood magic on tree means we have no mana
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134

what do you think this is worth?
"
TsuDhoNim wrote:
"
ThrownJupiter wrote:

It makes it a l22 PoF, but we only get the extra max res at levels 20 and then again at 23. So a 22 gives you more fire res, but not more max res. Getting PoF to 23 is important so best of luck with the corruptions. Worth considering grabbing a +3 unset in the meantime. At 81% fire res bumping that to 82% is over 5% reduction in the fire degen we suffer.

The ~250 ES doesn't get close to making up for the extra degen you suffer. If you can't afford a +2max with 5rDoT just grab a RotP for now. You'll drop some ES, but your regen will make you far tankier in the mean time.

Prioritise both of those as per Ahfack's feedback ahead of any of the tree stuff.

On the tree...

- Drop Written in Blood for now (+4 nodes)
- Drop the 6% ES under Foresight (+5 nodes)
- Grab the Melding notable (+4 nodes)
- Grab the 4 nodes under Deep Wisdom

- I actually hate saying it as you have some nice damage jewels compared to most, but drop the weakest of them for an Energy From Within jewel at the Melding cluster to bump your ES and regen. Need to stay alive to do that deeps.
(You're only short 12 Dex without the Viper Bliss jewel, so might be able to craft that on something with an open suffix rather than giving up a nice jewel spot for it)

Over the next 4 levels I'd personally grab the 8% ES over Arcane Focus, then Ancestral Knowledge (ES, damage and a lil' regen) and Aura Effect node at Sov (regen and a lil ES). Then unspec out of those last two with the fourth level up to grab the mana jewel in the top right (pathing nodes not worth it until you can get the jewel, so worth the 2 regrets IMHO) assuming you'll have a decent jewel to pop in there.

Those tweaks will help, but it's the shield and PoF that make the real difference for you.

Wow, that was REALLY helpful! I appreciate your detailed response. I'll go ahead just sell the shield and grab a Rise of the Phoenix and hopefully I can just buy a PoF with what I make off the shield.

Funny thing is, I actually crafted most of those. Spent only about 200 alts and 20 Regals for all my jewels lol.

I'll respec and try to find a nice elder belt :)
Still pretty new to PoE so I'd appreciate any help.

1)looking at the skill tree for this build, wouldn't the 4 nodes left of Coldhearted Calculation to Trickery give more damage than the Explosive Impact cluster to the left of Elemental Overload since they both would cost 4 points? Or is the 4% cast speed more valuable?

2) Does energy shield regen rate affect the regen from Zealot's Oath?

3) How do the increased effect of non-curse auras work? I don't see a difference in any of the auras' tool tips.

4) Do the bonuses from Unwavering Faith apply for each aura or only once?
Last edited by raie2 on Jan 27, 2018, 2:14:35 AM
"
TsuDhoNim wrote:
"
I have a budget right now of about 10ex, could you take a look and let me know the biggest upgrade I could get to improve? Abyss league, character Torchinator. Thanks!
What are you actually running there?
I'm guessing it's Vitality, Discipline, the 3 Purities and Clarity as none of your resists are capped without the relevant Purity?

Assuming that's right, drop the curse on hit (you've no attached skill that 'hits') and s the Blasphemy/Flammability (it'd be nice, but you don't have the mana to run it with everything else up) and get your OoS setup going. OoS is what procs EE and EO for you, so pretty vital for your damage.

To get a bump in damage drop the Conq Efficiency jewel. I've yet to see any scenario where using the jewel is a good choice, there's always a better way. Use Vorici and jeweler orbs to get a red socket on your helm (drop to three sockets and then back to four until the fourth socket is red - cheaper that way than chromes - and then relink it) or simply buy one that's already got a red/green/blue/blue for you (I'd imagine you could buy one ready made cheaper than jeweler crafting, especially if you get unlucky). Then follow the steps I've mentioned before to get a 21 BM in your helm and all six auras up without the jewel. Put a decent damage jewel in its place and you'll have a nice bump in damage and even a bump in ES and regen.

If it's purely damage you're looking for drop the four nodes at Written in Blood. Grab the top jewel socket for 3 nodes with 4% ele damage pathing and the 14% ele damage node at Templar. You'll lose about ~500 ES, but you'd gain 22% damage and whatever stats you can get on the jewel to provide more damage and offset those ES losses (so likely 42% damage and about ~250 ES loss if you get a 8%ES/20%Burning jewel).

Assuming again I'm not wrong on your aura/curse setup, drop one of your Ruby flasks for a Witchfire. Easy ~40% damage boost there and gives us an extra layer of defense at the same time (Also augment your Quicksilver).

If you're still searching for damage at that point you can consider dropping your Energy From Within for a damage jewel. That's not gaining damage so much as trading ES and regen for it, but that's nearly always the case whenever we change anything. It's a balancing act between the 3 stats. (If you're keeping the Energy From Within, try and get a better roll on it. The 3% you have is the bottom roll and goes up to 6%, so either hit it with a divine or two or just buy a 5% or 6% for some instant gains)

Yeah, running discipline and 2 purities in the helm with an enlighten, running vitality and clarity in the scepter with blood magic, and purity of fire in the ring. I have 31 mana left. The boots have orb of storms with curse on hit. I was swapping auras around earlier playing with a ring and seeing what changed with what. That's why it's probably out in my profile. Everything should be back yo right now.
Last edited by lordofalldragons on Jan 26, 2018, 10:30:55 PM
Trying another ahfack's builds, so far liked this over the MS build. Respecced my inquisitor into guardian @ lvl 90 to use this build to finish out the league. Anyway couple issues ive ran into when running high Tier maps and Grandmasters... First off here's my gear:

Did some testing with mobility with shield charge, not very useful other than having fortify up. @ around the lvl 100 Masters It's like 50/50 either i run train on them or one good slip-up and I'm done. Stats wise looks tanky, feels a bit fluffy at times. My Res is only maxed at 84%, had a lot of ex to spend so i bought what was best on poetrade to fit this build. Is there anything I'm missing or don't have right that could be effecting my survivability?
Last edited by BruteLegacy on Jan 27, 2018, 5:26:41 AM
hey guys, first thanks for the build, im having a lot of fun, im still 79 and working in the build, i pretty much bought the core pieces, my belt is bad, but atleast i have a good ES recharge roll, i didnt have more currency to buy another one, and i dont think is good slam exalts on it, atleast not now because i have only 1 exalt XD. My rings are bad too, (i just bought them to fill res and stats until i have more currency) My question is what will be my priority now? Shield, watcher eye or death's doors? or another piece i didnt mention?

this is my gear:

if you can check my profile and see the tree if im missing something important let me know please. I dont have any problems mapping in yellow maps everything pretty smooth, ill do uber lab today.

Many thanks, and sorry for my english, is not my native language
Last edited by blingtin on Jan 27, 2018, 7:30:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info