[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

Because I just hit level 91 using this build and his build isn't updated for 3.4.
"
ljusul wrote:
Because I just hit level 91 using this build and his build isn't updated for 3.4.

I see. For your pob, why that shield? Also, are those the best mods for the Watcher's eye you have? What about the ES from Clarity one? I thought that gave like 10k ES or something crazy. There seem to be a few good mods from Watcher's eye and I just want to know the top ones so I know what I should save for.

Also, Vaal Righteous Fire or level 21 RF Gem?

Is Vaal Discipline better as well?

Why lighting warp for end game bosses instead of shield charge?

How do you get such high phys reduction 70-90%?
Level 92 Update: https://pastebin.com/vwVHQYJJ

2,613,798 DPS total. 8.2k ES.

81% Physical Damage Reduction.

I went off build with a few things, as you probably can tell.

"
Why that shield?

This was a personal touch for me. I wanted to do something a little different than the OP. I experimented with a few things, including Prism Guardian; however, I ran into an issue with our fire resistance when trying to move off of Rise of the Phoenix as Degen is a huge issue for us.

First and foremost, the potential for 70% increased damage to Channeling Skills is massive. For Scorching Ray, it is buffed significantly.

Harbinger of Focus is great. It provides a flat 20% "Reduced Damage Taken" when channeling. Maximum life scales RF damage and ES shield gain. The % chance to block helps, since I dropped Bastion of hope. See, I think the Spell Damage gains are significantly better with Radiant Crusade and are worth getting away from BoH. Bastion of Hope isn't doing /that/ much for us as Chayula already prevents stuns.

"
Also, are those the best mods for the Watcher's eye you have? What about the ES from Clarity one? I thought that gave like 10k ES or something crazy

This was out of pure need. My ES regen wasn't as high as I wanted it to be due to the loss of maximum fire resistance after moving away from RoTP. My choice to go with double ES Dis mods were strictly to fix my build. Clarity might be good for you; however, I've yet to be one shot by anything at 8.2k ES. Also, in order to get away from needing a freeze flask, I picked up a Watcher's eye with the added ability to avoid freeze while I am running Purity of Ice. This basically lets me use an additional unique flask.

"
Also, Vaal Righteous Fire or level 21 RF Gem?

Vaal RF + Soul Ripper is the most insane, and under-utilized, combo in the game. I drop the Armor flask for Overflowing chalice and can literally keep Vaal RF up all the time.

"
Is Vaal Discipline better as well?

Because I am proccing Vaal RF every few seconds, Vaal Discipline is used to regen the lost ES from Vaal RF immediately.

"
Why lighting warp for end game bosses instead of shield charge?

Shield Charge at max level lets us avoid using a Quicksilver flask. I've switched back to SC. I was using Lightning Warp to farm Sulphite in the Quarry ;)

"
How do you get such high phys reduction 70-90%?

Discipline and Determination both provide a very large Physical Damage Reduction. Keep in mind, my flask setup (currently) is using the Soul Ripper. If you do not have that flask. I would drop the Overflowing Chalice and grab a Rumi's. With Rumi's, you should get about 81% physical damage reduction. Note, I use a Ruby flask with an armor roll on it. Keep in mind, Harbinger's buff is not considered physical damage reduction, but, rather, pure damage reduction. So, after 81% of the damage is reduced, then 20% of that value is being further ignored.

End Note: The calc includes playing with one ally.
Last edited by ljusul on Sep 11, 2018, 4:58:33 AM
I started Delve with LL RF, Level 93 atm and had time to do some testing on it. I am a bit lazy to make a complete write-up but i will drop a few points of importance here

* The Spiritual Aid Cluster is really strong, it is 0.2 regen + nearly 16% dmg per click and it opens up interesting options like Bone helmets or minion dmg jewels/nodes

* Str stacking gives some best offence/defense values with Doon Cueb.

* Both Radiant and Unwavering Crusade ascendencies are strong competitors as the small minion dmg nodes are effective dmg nodes with Spiritual Aid

* Shaper's Touch is a no brainer if u are going str route for double dipping.

you can check out my char Oldmetaguy if you wonder how i did the tree and gearing, mind that it is still work in progress.

Atm i got 10k ES and +571 regen without Presence of Chayula or any Watchers Eye jewel or any flasks. Dmg is a bit on low side but it works and i got a lot of space for improvement (still using blue jewels lol)

also feel free to ask if u got any questions
Bench Crafting Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2515748

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/trivial_matters/
Last edited by Trivialmatters on Sep 11, 2018, 6:19:47 AM
@ljusul: your Opal ring has flat added fire dmg to attacks, and your boot enchant als adds fire dmg to attacks and spells whenever you've killed. This is really hurting your dps, because that fire dmg makes mobs you hit with shield charge or orb of storms have +25% fire resist due to Elemental Equilibrium! Avoid any and all flat fire dmg added to spells/attacks with this build. The enchants you'll want on boots and gloves are:

Another general thing to point out is that Death's Door boots are no longer required to be immune to corrupting blood. You can now get jewels that are corrupted with "Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you". This opens up the boots slot to boots with much higher ES values.

Cheers
Yeah that fire damage was a Exalt yolo. Kind of pissed and haven't replaced it yet.
"
This was a personal touch for me. I wanted to do something a little different than the OP. I experimented with a few things, including Prism Guardian; however, I ran into an issue with our fire resistance when trying to move off of Rise of the Phoenix as Degen is a huge issue for us.

First and foremost, the potential for 70% increased damage to Channeling Skills is massive. For Scorching Ray, it is buffed significantly.

Harbinger of Focus is great. It provides a flat 20% "Reduced Damage Taken" when channeling. Maximum life scales RF damage and ES shield gain. The % chance to block helps, since I dropped Bastion of hope. See, I think the Spell Damage gains are significantly better with Radiant Crusade and are worth getting away from BoH. Bastion of Hope isn't doing /that/ much for us as Chayula already prevents stuns.

I'm gonna stick with RotP for now.

"
This was out of pure need. My ES regen wasn't as high as I wanted it to be due to the loss of maximum fire resistance after moving away from RoTP. My choice to go with double ES Dis mods were strictly to fix my build. Clarity might be good for you; however, I've yet to be one shot by anything at 8.2k ES. Also, in order to get away from needing a freeze flask, I picked up a Watcher's eye with the added ability to avoid freeze while I am running Purity of Ice. This basically lets me use an additional unique flask.

How much did that even cost you? Something like that seems it would go for 50 exalts? I don't know how people even make that much. Also, in terms of the Clarity one, it seems that 15% of mana to ES with my 900 mana would only give about 135 ES. That really doesn't seem like much compared to how much it costs. I thought it gave much more otherwise I don't see how people get 19-20k es.

"
Discipline and Determination both provide a very large Physical Damage Reduction. Keep in mind, my flask setup (currently) is using the Soul Ripper. If you do not have that flask. I would drop the Overflowing Chalice and grab a Rumi's. With Rumi's, you should get about 81% physical damage reduction. Note, I use a Ruby flask with an armor roll on it. Keep in mind, Harbinger's buff is not considered physical damage reduction, but, rather, pure damage reduction. So, after 81% of the damage is reduced, then 20% of that value is being further ignored.

How are you able to run Determination on top of all the other auras? I'm not gonna be able to afford Soul Ripper for a while.

"

Are you playing with another person always or does golem count?

PS.

Also, shock destroys me, what do we do about it?

PSS
Looking at this build https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2088517

It seems to be similar except way more armor. Thoughts on this?
Last edited by JuvenileMango on Sep 11, 2018, 6:31:21 PM
"
ljusul wrote:
Level 92 Update: https://pastebin.com/vwVHQYJJ

2,613,798 DPS total. 8.2k ES.

Vaal RF + Soul Ripper is the most insane, and under-utilized, combo in the game. I drop the Armor flask for Overflowing chalice and can literally keep Vaal RF up all the time.

Shield Charge at max level lets us avoid using a Quicksilver flask. I've switched back to SC. I was using Lightning Warp to farm Sulphite in the Quarry ;)

I just bought a Soul ripper flask and that's definitely super strong. I've mostly been focused on speed clearing and soul ripper is a fine addition to my build.

Some other secret sauce I've added to the build are,

Phase run+ Molten shell+ Arcane surge+ Increase duration.

The increase dur is mostly for phase run and arcane surge is mostly for molten shell but both spells got changed in 3.4 and are now instant so it's possible to spam molten shell/Phase run WHILE simultaneously channeling scorching ray or running. That's like 2k damage on every hit and +950 armor from molten shell. I don't really know if that's worth it but being able to proc arcane surge while channeling or moving is sick. In addition the explosion from molten shell can crit can give you elemental overload proc, although not very reliably since it's just 1 aoe hit and you need to take dmg for it to trigger.

With a abyss jewel for onslaught proc + quick silver + Phase run I have 170% movement speed and phasing, which I found is super nice with RF compared to shield charge which is very clunky. With that high movement speed + I picked up some area of effect nodes and just got a 4L+2L helm for 6L RF to shred everything just by running past them at 170% movement speed.

For shield I think Prism guardian is incredibly strong. You can run 2x 50% reserve auras + any 35% aura. You can run a lvl 23 purity of fire which at 5% max enables you to drop the bottom aura effect cluster without losing max resist. At level 21 you would lose 1% max resist if you drop a aura effect cluster but at lvl 23 you don't lose anything. With a level 21 haste gem you can also get 10% movement speed increase with getting boosted to lvl 23. Prism guardian is also even more resists than unshattered will. 12%+25% All resist vs 12%+10% and currently when running blasphemy instead of purity of cold+lightning my resists are fucked so I have to run purity of elements.

I'm also using Greedtrap for farming which gives more ES than Death's door and 16% item quant, which is insane. With +10str and +10 int that's also a decent bit of ES. Prism guardian+Purity of element(temp) also makes up for the 10% loss of all resist from death's door for farm or ele weakness maps.

https://pastebin.com/t6vPDb9b this is my work in progress, currently 300k mob dps and 1 million Vaal RF shaper dps. 10,726 ES.
IGN: @AxeLond_MoltenRF

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/hazelgnash
Last edited by AxeLond on Sep 14, 2018, 4:22:12 PM
"
AxeLond wrote:

I just bought a Soul ripper flask and that's definitely super strong. I've mostly been focused on speed clearing and soul ripper is a fine addition to my build.

Some other secret sauce I've added to the build are,

Phase run+ Molten shell+ Arcane surge+ Increase duration.

The increase dur is mostly for phase run and arcane surge is mostly for molten shell but both spells got changed in 3.4 and are now instant so it's possible to spam molten shell/Phase run WHILE simultaneously channeling scorching ray or running. That's like 2k damage on every hit and +950 armor from molten shell. I don't really know if that's worth it but being able to proc arcane surge while channeling or moving is sick. In addition the explosion from molten shell can crit can give you elemental overload proc, although not very reliably since it's just 1 aoe hit and you need to take dmg for it to trigger.

With a abyss jewel for onslaught proc + quick silver + Phase run I have 170% movement speed and phasing, which I found is super nice with RF compared to shield charge which is very clunky. With that high movement speed + I picked up some area of effect nodes and just got a 4L+2L helm for 6L RF to shred everything just by running past them at 170% movement speed.

For shield I think Prism guardian is incredibly strong. You can run 2x 50% reserve auras + any 35% aura. You can run a lvl 23 purity of fire which at 5% max enables you to drop the bottom aura effect cluster without losing max resist. At level 21 you would lose 1% max resist if you drop a aura effect cluster but at lvl 23 you don't lose anything. With a level 21 haste gem you can also get 10% movement speed increase with getting boosted to lvl 23. Prism guardian is also even more resists than unshattered will. 12%+25% All resist vs 12%+10% and currently when running blasphemy instead of purity of cold+lightning my resists are fucked so I have to run purity of elements.

I'm also using Greedtrap for farming which gives more ES than Death's door and 16% item quant, which is insane. With +10str and +10 int that's also a decent bit of ES. Prism guardian+Purity of element(temp) also makes up for the 10% loss of all resist from death's door for farm or ele weakness maps.

https://pastebin.com/t6vPDb9b this is my work in progress, currently 300k mob dps and 1 million Vaal RF shaper dps. 10,726 ES.

That's an interesting twist you made to fit the build to your own playstyle. Always nice to see people straying from the original build and adapt it to their own needs.

Two things to consider though:
- Molten Shell deals fire dmg, so it actually buffs the enemies with +25 fire resist due to Elemental Equilibrium.
- Shield may not be optimal for movement in maps with the clunky colission mechanics, but it allows you to use fortify for a nice 20% damage reduction. May not be needed for normal mapping/farming, but helps alot against The tougher map bosses and Guardians/Elder/Shaper.

Cheers
3.4 and Delve league crafting has made getting higher energy shield on items easier.

I spent the last week gearing and leveling up my guardian and currently sitting at 13.3k ES, 1900 ES Regen, and 277k RF DPS.

My Gear
Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info