[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

"
Timmynat wrote:
Ill look into all of your tips, thanks! Opened up my Characters tab in addition :)

- Make all the previous changes. They'll help a lot. Even using the worst possible RotP (you'd struggle to find one with every roll that low) and the worst possible 21 rolls for the rings you gain a lot of regen.
- Drop the 4 nodes at Written in Blood and the two at Purity of Flesh (+6)
- Grab the node above Arcane Focus and the four below Deep Wisdom as well as Ancestral Knowledge [you can spec out of this one any time it means you can grab a notable that would give you more, e.g. the mana jewel socket at the top right of our tree] (+0)
- Move your Blood Magic and Discipline to your helm, dropping your Purity of Lightning and Vitality
- Drop your Empower and Clarity from your boots (boots are now empty). Put your PoL, Vitality and a new level 1 Clarity in your boots. Put an Enduring Cry in to fill the remaining spot (great way to boost regen and mitigate damage).
- Now you can drop your Conquerors (in)Efficiency for a jewel to give you ES and (a lot) more damage or to put an Energy From Within in near the Melding Cluster (personally I'd probably go Energy from Within for now - cheap and helps bump regen)
- Level up the Clarity to 6 quickly

Assuming worst case rolls on pretty much everything I've mentioned, you've gone from about 7.7k ES and -5 regen to 7.8k ES and approaching +400 regen. Personally I'd want at least 8.5k ES and about 1k regen before I'd feel safe walking into a Guardian fight... but if you're a good enough player you can probably make lower work fine too.

From here it'd be about upgrading gear.
Get the regen lab enchants on your boots and gloves (you really want higher +150 ES gloves). Get a Watcher's Eye to really boost your regen (Clarity to ES the dream, but shocking expensive. So % ES with Discipline or high flat Vitality regen the two we normally work with). Get higher damage on all of your jewels as and when you can. Worth checking to see which parts of your current gear have poor rolls for their tier and can be divined higher. I'm far too lazy to look up each roll and don't know them off the top of my head, so turn on the advanced option in the UI and use alt to check though out for some relatively cheap potential upgrades. Some RNG involved there, so use sparingly.
Last edited by TsuDhoNim on Jan 26, 2018, 6:50:35 AM
there are some "+%damage over time" skills in the tree i could take, dont they scale with rf?
a tip: is more cheap buying blessing of chayula and buy eye of chayula for 1 alch, than buying presence of chayula, you save 20 or 30c, is not much but for someone like me dont have to much currency you take soem chaos back you can use in a pair of sin treks with high roll :)
Last edited by blingtin on Jan 26, 2018, 7:42:57 AM
"
topperharly wrote:
there are some "+%damage over time" skills in the tree i could take, dont they scale with rf?
Any DoT damage, burning damage, fire damage, elemental damage and general damage scales both SR and RF. Spell damage scales SR but not RF.

Seldom we have the nodes spare to make it a good investment to go for DoT ahead of boosting our ES though. I can't think of any DoT node not on Ahfack's tree(s) I've ever considered taking. It's hard to beat the one 14% ele node right at Templar if you're struggling for damage, but scaling ES boosts our RF damage our regen and our life pool so it's nearly always the priority. That trifecta is tough to beat.

Tends to be better to scale damage with jewels than with the tree itself.
"
TsuDhoNim wrote:
"
topperharly wrote:
Any DoT damage, burning damage, fire damage, elemental damage and general damage scales both SR and RF. Spell damage scales SR but not RF.

Seldom we have the nodes spare to make it a good investment to go for DoT ahead of boosting our ES though. I can't think of any DoT node not on Ahfack's tree(s) I've ever considered taking. It's hard to beat the one 14% ele node right at Templar if you're struggling for damage, but scaling ES boosts our RF damage our regen and our life pool so it's nearly always the priority. That trifecta is tough to beat.

Tends to be better to scale damage with jewels than with the tree itself.

i see, i asked because entropy is "only" 4 nodes away and we would increase damage over time by 37% total (27% entro+10%a dmg over time node)
"
topperharly wrote:
i see, i asked because entropy is "only" 4 nodes away and we would increase damage over time by 37% total (27% entro+10%a dmg over time node)
We'd be giving up 4 nodes somewhere else to grab those 4 that give 20 Dex, 5 movement speed, negligible regen and negligible ES along with the 37% DoT.

I guess it could be an option if you're struggling for jewels and don't have the currency to invest in some? Maybe. But even then there's normally better nodes to choose.

Glancing at your own tree for a second I'd certainly be prioritising Leadership, the jewel socket at Shaper and some mix between Path of the Savant, the aura effect node at Sov and the ele damage node at Templar (I'd probably be grabbing all of those and dropping two of the 6% nodes on the way to Path of the Savant). Even if just prioritising damage I'd grab the 14% ele node (which would also scale the HoT you're using) and the two 12% nodes at Growth and Decay for 38% damage with the flexibility then to use the last node wherever I most needed it and the flexibility to spec out of any/all of those nodes on a whim rather than being tied to keeping all 4 or losing the main DPS.

If you need the dex from that path and value the movement speed high enough they're fine nodes. They work. They're just not going to be optimal for this build in any scenario I can see (very much open to correction there if I'm missing something from them, which is completely possible).

Last edited by TsuDhoNim on Jan 26, 2018, 9:50:43 AM
So I have been running this build lately but my damage and survive-ability seem to be more lackluster than what I see in the videos. I know this is most likely due to lack in levels and I don't have the absolute best gear. I have a budget right now of about 10ex, could you take a look and let me know the biggest upgrade I could get to improve? Abyss league, character Torchinator. Thanks!
"
I have a budget right now of about 10ex, could you take a look and let me know the biggest upgrade I could get to improve? Abyss league, character Torchinator. Thanks!
What are you actually running there?
I'm guessing it's Vitality, Discipline, the 3 Purities and Clarity as none of your resists are capped without the relevant Purity?

Assuming that's right, drop the curse on hit (you've no attached skill that 'hits') and s the Blasphemy/Flammability (it'd be nice, but you don't have the mana to run it with everything else up) and get your OoS setup going. OoS is what procs EE and EO for you, so pretty vital for your damage.

To get a bump in damage drop the Conq Efficiency jewel. I've yet to see any scenario where using the jewel is a good choice, there's always a better way. Use Vorici and jeweler orbs to get a red socket on your helm (drop to three sockets and then back to four until the fourth socket is red - cheaper that way than chromes - and then relink it) or simply buy one that's already got a red/green/blue/blue for you (I'd imagine you could buy one ready made cheaper than jeweler crafting, especially if you get unlucky). Then follow the steps I've mentioned before to get a 21 BM in your helm and all six auras up without the jewel. Put a decent damage jewel in its place and you'll have a nice bump in damage and even a bump in ES and regen.

If it's purely damage you're looking for drop the four nodes at Written in Blood. Grab the top jewel socket for 3 nodes with 4% ele damage pathing and the 14% ele damage node at Templar. You'll lose about ~500 ES, but you'd gain 22% damage and whatever stats you can get on the jewel to provide more damage and offset those ES losses (so likely 42% damage and about ~250 ES loss if you get a 8%ES/20%Burning jewel).

Assuming again I'm not wrong on your aura/curse setup, drop one of your Ruby flasks for a Witchfire. Easy ~40% damage boost there and gives us an extra layer of defense at the same time (Also augment your Quicksilver).

If you're still searching for damage at that point you can consider dropping your Energy From Within for a damage jewel. That's not gaining damage so much as trading ES and regen for it, but that's nearly always the case whenever we change anything. It's a balancing act between the 3 stats. (If you're keeping the Energy From Within, try and get a better roll on it. The 3% you have is the bottom roll and goes up to 6%, so either hit it with a divine or two or just buy a 5% or 6% for some instant gains)

Here is my current gear, I'm seemingly having alot of trouble with regen.
I'm using Soul of Arakaali for 5% rDoT + Captured Arachnoxia and Soul of Tukohama w/ Towering Ancient.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by ThrownJupiter on Jan 26, 2018, 12:24:46 PM
"
ThrownJupiter wrote:
Here is my current gear, I'm seemingly having alot of trouble with regen.
I'm using Soul of Arakaali for 5% rDoT + Captured Arachnoxia and Soul of Tukohama w/ Towering Ancient.

Does anyone have any ideas?

The +2 fire gems in your sceptre doesn't do anything for your PoF unless it's a level 21 gem.

Level 23 is the break point.

+2max fire res/5rdot shield

1%regen from oak?

20%es recovery shaper belt

Can craft mana to rings for more es

Why are you using a lions roar? :)

Mobile so can't look at tree
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last edited by Ahfack on Jan 26, 2018, 12:34:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info