[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

"
gingermanx wrote:
didn't understand the shield part,do i use rise of the phoniex or the rare shield with the stats u wrote
Both are good.

A Rise of the Phoenix costs less than a chaos (with iffy rolls) and is a great way to boost our regen. Lots of us have killed Shaper (a DPS check) still using a RotP, so it's very much end game viable.

An Elder rare +2 max res and 5% rDoT (the Leo crafted reduced Damage Over Time) shield can give a big boost to your ES pool and your damage. You need decent scaling on your gear to take advantage of it and make it worth the loss of regen, but when you're pushing for max damage and have other sources of regen it's a great way to pack more of a punch. To craft your own or buy one will set you back about 6ex, so on a very different scale of costs.

If you're not sure which you should be using, stick with the RotP. You can't lose big money on it and until you know you can sustain ok with the lower max res it's a far safer option for you. By the time your build is at a point where you should be making the change there's a fair chance you'll know all about it and understand the mechanics behind it enough to not have many doubts.

TL;DR: Both work. Different benefits from either and very different costs.

"
Timmynat wrote:
If you have any tips to improve my setup please tell me :)
Glancing at your gems I'm guessing the Stone Golem isn't lasting long enough in the Uber fight to be worth it? Silly bugger does tend to catch every bit of AoE going for sure.

Personally I'm not a big fan of the portal gem. It costs far too much to give up that space. If you're worried about it drop lots of portals along your pathing and just use a logout macro instead. Basically the same thing except it doesn't cost you a crazy amount of utility.

If you're firm on the call to drop the golem I'd recolour that socket blue and put in a Level 6 Arcane Surge for some extra damage (Spell Damage and Cast Speed) on SR. Should be way more helpful in a tough fight than having a portal, where a similar result can be achieved in a less costly way.

The lightning warp is more personal playstyle, but losing out on Fortify and the damage mitigation would certainly make it more challenging. I'm not sure the movement benefits of LW would offset that cost for me at least. That could be just something you were messing around with for lab or something... so might not be all that relevant.

(PSA: Good day keys in lab. If anyone is looking to farm enchants wouldn't be a bad day for it)
Last edited by TsuDhoNim on Jan 28, 2018, 12:07:47 PM
"
Timmynat wrote:
"
Ahfack wrote:
"
Timmynat wrote:
So far I have beaten deathless:

- Atziri
- All Guardians
- T14&T15 Elder guardians
- Red tier Elder

Not Deathless yet:

- Only Uber Atziri :(

My current gear:
Spoiler

Thanks ALOT to TsuDhoNim for helping me out so much!
If you have any tips to improve my setup please tell me :)

Of light enchant on gloves

2%regen enchant on boots

20%es recovery on belt

2%max fire res 5rdot 200es+ rare shield

I use two ruby flasks on uber

Can you show me an example of such a shield? I dont really get what you mean by 5rdot.

Please read guide

From gear detail section:

Arguably one of the most important pieces of the build is a good spell damage shield with crafted rDoT. If you're in Standard, get one with legacy 20%, but if you're in league the regular 5% can work just fine. Springleaf will be used for early leveling with RF. Once you can equip a Rise of the Phoenix, it will be your go-to shield. After RotP, an Elder ES shield with +2 Max Fire Res and a free suffix for 5%rDoT is BiS. It is a good way to keep your regen up while gaining 1k+ES from Rise of the Phoenix.
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
if i have all the gear ready at what level would you recommend going lowlife? awesome build btw loving it so far!
for some reason Casting SR costs 32 mana when i only have 24 reserved

edit: forgot i couldn't find purity of lightning/ice "the vertex" no one sells those ._.
Last edited by gingermanx on Jan 28, 2018, 2:56:31 PM
"
TsuDhoNim wrote:
"
UnLovedOne wrote:
I am trying to get some The Vertex helmet with 30% Clarity mana cost reduction since that is the least expansive one (purity of * mana cost reduction are way more out of my league now (i think for any of that enchant modes i need at least 15 ex) ). Any suggestions for a better item (budget is now 9 ex) .

Don't.
Clarity takes a flat reservation of mana/life, not a % one. Reducing the reservation of a gem we already control the reservation of is a little inefficient. It would help solve issues with regen to sustain SR, but it's much easier to solve that with a ring or various other options than with a relatively expensive helm enchant.

You can already solve the aura problem with your existing gear by grabbing an Enlighten 3 (or 4). Read back through the last few pages on adding BM to your Vertex with Enlighten and a lower Clarity in your boots (while dropping your Empower) and you'll be able to solve that issue without an enchant.

"
UnLovedOne wrote:
The difference between my red numbers and his greeen ones is something that i still fail to understand.
When you load up PoB it'll default to loading up all your auras and skills. The red numbers are telling you 'this is broken and won't work'. So you'd have to manually disable your Purity of Lightning as you have to do in game. You might also need to adjust things like your bandit choice and disabling things like Enduring Cry that won't have 100% uptime.

When you adjust your setup so that the numbers aren't red, it's a sign you're on the right track. It won't highlight things like having enough mana to cast OoS or having enough mana regen to sustain your SR, but you'll be able to manage those numbers yourself with a little practice.

"
UnLovedOne wrote:
Should i use it ? :)

Yes. That's one of the best mods we can get on an eye. It's on the low end, it rolls from 1.5% to 2.5%, so you'll want to divine it higher when you can afford to.

For anyone asking for help with a character it's really unlikely you'll get much if you don't have your character public. It already takes a lot of time and effort when they're able to be pulled into PoB to see stats at a glance, when they're not it's just too much of a chore for folk to start looking in to all the details and even then they'll never have a full picture without the tree and jewels.

Unless you're actively making a mistake following the guide the reality is all the answers are here in the thread already. Very little will be unique to you and if it is you'll be asking a very specific question about it e.g. "I have a level 18 concentrated effect in my helm, should I switch to delirium gloves instead?". Glance at the guide again and at the last 15 or 20 pages, 99% of the time the answers will be there.

Thank you for your reply! I got an level 3 Enlighten that luckily 5 seconds later became a lvl 4 through vaaling. Now i have 29 mana left, enough to use the Shield Charge, but i will try to make some changes to my build to see if i can improve it.
Made some changes, switched some jewels between them, got rid of empower and replaced it with an 19 Enduring Cry Q20 i had lying around. Now i have 130 mana left, witch is way better than 29 ;) . Now i can use OoS, SR, SC, summon the stone golem when needed ... Thank you again for your insight TsuDhoNim !

how can i solve my problem where i cant use SR because i don't have mana for it, i have the currency but no one sells purity of light/ice reservation enchant, there was one for vitality but its gone
"
gingermanx wrote:
how can i solve my problem where i cant use SR because i don't have mana for it, i have the currency but no one sells purity of light/ice reservation enchant, there was one for vitality but its gone
First of all, I'd fix the tree. There's more than a few nodes gone sideways there.
It should look more like https://pastebin.com/ZDr7NZGK
I lost track, but it's 9 or 10 nodes to be respec'd there.

You can solve the mana issues without touching an enchant.
Put your Blood Magic, your enlighten and any two of your 35% auras (any of the three purities, Vitality or Discipline) in your Vertex. Drop your Empower and put whatever auras aren't in your helm (or your unset) into your boots. Once you've done that you'll have enough life and mana to run everything as long as you don't over level your clarity (6 is probably about right, so you could be ok. If it's not, go back to a level 1 and stop at 5 instead of 6 - with a ring and 5 out of 6 jewels missing we can't check numbers for you as they'll potentially change with each item).

Hi guys,

Is it ok to drop the +1% regen from oak at some point ? here is my current gear:

The regen is very nice, got a vertex with enchant for 3ex ! was happy.
I understand 20% recovery is good on belt but why not recommend

Ok I dont have optimal jewels there cause im still getting the necessary, but in an optimal (expensive scenario) 2x50es-10allress= 150final es and 30all ress and room for 4 more mods.

bis jewel would be es+all ress+ dot with a shield on. Potentially 150es 30all ress 40dot

I find it better than crystal belt with 20% recovery rate am i missing something?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info