[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
mika2salo wrote:

TV Specs should work ok even in 5 link, and you can buy very high ES armor if you don't have to worry about links. I'm using same kind of setup in Delves and its working pretty well.

Spectres depend on class. With Necromancer they deal about 50% or more boss damage with good 6-7 link helmet and Soul Weaver. They don't have other skills to waste time on and will keep on melting the boss with totems while also boosting Golems damage.

With Occultist they deal almost 50% boss damage, while with Elementalist they deal significantly less as Golems are more powerful.

Hi Mika,

Thx for the advice so far. Just wanted to quickly check my current plans / links with you.

So my TV spectres will be in my 6-link in my body armour. I was planning on:

Raise Spectre - Minion Damage - Minion Life - Burning Damage - Swift Affliction - Elemental Focus

I am hoping to cap the spectre resists by getting the minion resists on the tree and (don't laugh) running a purity of elements. I have the leadership cluster so hopefully the spectres will be under the purity pretty much constantly when bossing and likely during clear in delves too.

Oh, and I will be swapping out my increased item rarity support for combustion in my golem links which I think you recommend over elemental focus when running specs?

Since you said that the damage should be ok but that spectres tend to do a lot less damage for an elementalist do you think that the specs will do noticeable damage versus just golems alone?

I want to try this league and break into red maps for once and maybe even take on elder & his guardians. I'm hoping that the TV's will help once I start getting to the tankier bosses. At the moment my golems on a 5-link annihilate yellow level map bosses and I've not tried them on anything sturdier!!

Thx again for all the help & advice :)
someone run whit the occultist.
is good to the mine?
Thanks mika2salo for the wonderful guide. Feels great with this build and I hope to do shaper and more, currently at T9 maps. (my best league so far)

I am using Occultist and I have a few questions which I can’t seemed to find in your guide.

1. What is the recommended spell and gem link do I use for proccing EE? I use Storm burst, Cast Channeling, desercrate and flesh offering. I think this is more for necromancer?

2. Can you do a quick check on my gears and advise what can be improved/change?
I have about 3k hp and 5.4ES, but I still die occasionally in T9 maps. (I have about 130c budget atm)
I prefer Occultist better than Necro and Elementalist, I realised Survival is my utmost priority.

3. Does Primordial Might greatly improve the way Golems interact with monster?

4. Previously I had zombies in my helm slot, is it recommended?

5. Would you recommend a stygian vise belt for the extra jewel slot? I know the ES is lower than crystal belt, so is the extra jewel slot worth it?

Thanks again! Love Ur Golem build!

Hello guys.

So i am lvl 90 now and im having a lot of fun witht this build.

Sunddenly i just find out that my defense is rly weak and im not rly sure where to improve. I have 2,7k hp and 4,1k shield which is not rly enough.

Can somebody pls watch my profile and tell me where i can improve? :-)

Thx a lot!
"
gemstone13 wrote:
Thanks mika2salo for the wonderful guide. Feels great with this build and I hope to do shaper and more, currently at T9 maps. (my best league so far)

Hi Gemstone - you're at the same point I am in regards to maps - basically t9. I assume a similar delve level - 135 ish?

I'm no expert - still asking Mika quite a lot of questions myself but I'll try to answer your questions to the best of my understanding so you might have some stuff to look into for when Mika comas back to you.

1. I assume you can swap this to the setup he recommends for Elementalist.

I've copied this from the elementalist section in the "passives" section of the OP.

Drop "Storm Burst" from gloves and insert Ball Lightning (level 1) -> Greater Multiple Projectiles Support (level 20) -> Lightning Golem (level 20)-> Ice Golem (level 20)

2. Gearwise you can look into getting some rare +1 spectre boots. They can come with a fair amount of resistances and life plus more movement speed - especially since two-tone boots seem to be the go-to base for getting +1 spectres and fossil-crafting.

Belt wise a crystal belt is good for maximising ES. With a good stygian vise you can still get an extra 40 ES / Life on a rare abyss jewel and then another useful mod like minions hinder enemies they hit slowing their movement speed by 30%. Or some useful stats like dex / strength / resists. I think an amazing Stygian Vise with an amazing jewel is likely BiS but getting a "good" crystal belt is likely more cost effective. I tend to keep an eye on both!

You may be able to craft resists or stats on some of your jewelry. If they don't already have a craft then it is nearly always worth putting something on them. You may be able to replace your rings with better variants with more ES. Unset rings can be useful as we tend to be socket starved on summoners - especially when running spectres & golems.

Alternatively keep saving for a Presence of Chayula - they don't seem too pricey this league compared to some leagues.

Lvl 21 golems with no quality are very cheap this league. 4 or 5 chaos. An easy upgrade for you (and me really)!!

3. It increases the range golems will move from you to engage enemies from what I can tell. This can sometimes be useful in the final delve rooms since you can stand way off to one side whilst your golems obliterate everything in the room. You can direct golems with your ball lightning / stormburst though. It's definitely a nice to have and I would recommend getting one and trying it out. If you don't feel it adds a lot to your playstlye you can always sell it again!

4. No idea - I don't like zombies myself too much as re-summoning them is a pain. My golems tend to kill everything quickly enough that having an extra meatshield doesn't feel as necessary. I would try dropping them and see if you feel less tanky.

5. I kind of mentioned this in post 2. A stygian vise can be really good with a very good abyss jewel. Something like 45 life, 45 ES & then useful suffixes like resists / stats / minions have a chance to hinder on hit with spells....etc. Honestly both are good and scale off extra investment. If you really need some extra resists to make the rest of your gear waork then grabbing a stygian vise and getting a double resist abyss jewel can be really nice. I typically buy the belt last just to fill out whatever resists I need. Also tends to be a good place to get chaos res - having 40+ chaos res is really nice for the odd occasion you do encounter chaos damage!

GL in the league - excited to see how you progress :)
Last edited by DrHarvey12 on Sep 20, 2018, 4:19:31 AM
"
Dirtyxicht wrote:
Hello guys.

Sunddenly i just find out that my defense is rly weak and im not rly sure where to improve. I have 2,7k hp and 4,1k shield which is not rly enough.

Thx a lot!

I'll post a few thoughts but I am still very much learning myself - Mika is the ultimate authority here so go with whatever he says!!! XD

First up - do you know what is killing you? Is it one thing over and over ie:

I don't have any chaos resistance and every time I encounter some chaos damage in a map I just straight die before I can react! If that's the case then get more chaos res - I can't see a lot on your gear atm. This is normally where Presence of Chayula really helps.

If you are dying in delves them maybe try getting more curse effectiveness. Quality on Blasphemy gives curse effect & having quality on temp chains increases the slow effect. Potentially swap elemental weakness for enfeeble for a bit - see if you like that. Swap in phase run - inc dur & efficacy for delves. Phase run makes it so you have phasing and move faster plus it gives you 80% reduced visibility which increases the time it takes for enemies to begin targeting you - normally you will be past them before they react!

Gear wise you can try and get an amulet with flat energy Shield & high energy shield %. Something like 40 flat energy shield & 18 -22 Energy Shield %. That should boost your EHP quite a bit. Life as well if you can manage it though that may get pricey. Change bones of Ullr boots for rare boots with resists & life and +1 spectres. That should free up your jewelry a little more to focus on more ES / life where possible.

Flask wise I don't know if rotgut is doing a lot for you. Are you generating frenzy charges? A different quicksilver flask of adrenaline will likely be better if you aren't. Also you probably don't need a mana flask on your bar all the time. Just swap it in if you are running a no-regen map. A basalt or jade flask can help quite a bit. Even an Amethyst flask to mitigate some chaos damage can be useful if you don't have a lot of chaos res.

You have quite a lot of level 20 gems (un-corrupted) that you could flip with a gemcutters prism to get a lvl 1 20 Quality version. It may be worth doing this - at least I tend to. It lowers damage in the very short term but normally you get back to the same damage by level 17 / 18 gems and then exceed a lvl 20 gem afterwards. It's not a lot of extra damage but it is some eventually!

Hope some of that is helpful. I am sure Mika will add his thoughts which like I say, will be better than mine. Just some things to think about till Mika responds :)
Last edited by DrHarvey12 on Sep 20, 2018, 4:16:43 AM
"
Hi Mika,

Thx for the advice so far. Just wanted to quickly check my current plans / links with you.

So my TV spectres will be in my 6-link in my body armour. I was planning on:

Raise Spectre - Minion Damage - Minion Life - Burning Damage - Swift Affliction - Elemental Focus

I am hoping to cap the spectre resists by getting the minion resists on the tree and (don't laugh) running a purity of elements. I have the leadership cluster so hopefully the spectres will be under the purity pretty much constantly when bossing and likely during clear in delves too.

Oh, and I will be swapping out my increased item rarity support for combustion in my golem links which I think you recommend over elemental focus when running specs?

Since you said that the damage should be ok but that spectres tend to do a lot less damage for an elementalist do you think that the specs will do noticeable damage versus just golems alone?

I want to try this league and break into red maps for once and maybe even take on elder & his guardians. I'm hoping that the TV's will help once I start getting to the tankier bosses. At the moment my golems on a 5-link annihilate yellow level map bosses and I've not tried them on anything sturdier!!

Thx again for all the help & advice :)

Hello :)

Links look ok if you manage to cap Specs resistance. However I'm skeptical about the coverage of purity as once they are outside and they die, you have to get them back from Shaper tier map which is very expensive to sustain. It's worth testing, but not sure why run them outside of elder helmet?

Combustion is is huge boost in DPS when running both Golems and Specs. TVs debuff fire res for Golems and Golems will debuff enemies -20% for TVs. It's just nice combo :)

TVs are really noticable with Elementalist also. This however is very much dependant if you take minion damage nodes or more Harmonies. Without all minion nodes from default tree, their damage wont be much. Some players like to go for 13-14x Harmonies and drop minion nodes, but I think that total damage will be about same. It's mostly about own taste.

"
someone run whit the occultist.
is good to the mine?

Hey :)

Occultist is excellent choice especially this league if you plan to delve deep. The ES regen keeps you alive very well if you reach close to 8-9k EHP.

Minions exploding mobs also make surviving big packs easier.

I think that occultist variant is used this league more than any other before.

"

I am using Occultist and I have a few questions which I can’t seemed to find in your guide.

1. What is the recommended spell and gem link do I use for proccing EE? I use Storm burst, Cast Channeling, desercrate and flesh offering. I think this is more for necromancer?

2. Can you do a quick check on my gears and advise what can be improved/change?
I have about 3k hp and 5.4ES, but I still die occasionally in T9 maps. (I have about 130c budget atm)
I prefer Occultist better than Necro and Elementalist, I realised Survival is my utmost priority.

3. Does Primordial Might greatly improve the way Golems interact with monster?

4. Previously I had zombies in my helm slot, is it recommended?

5. Would you recommend a stygian vise belt for the extra jewel slot? I know the ES is lower than crystal belt, so is the extra jewel slot worth it?

Thanks again! Love Ur Golem build!

"
Hi Gemstone - you're at the same point I am in regards to maps - basically t9. I assume a similar delve level - 135 ish?

I'm no expert - still asking Mika quite a lot of questions myself but I'll try to answer your questions to the best of my understanding so you might have some stuff to look into for when Mika comas back to you.

1. I assume you can swap this to the setup he recommends for Elementalist.

I've copied this from the elementalist section in the "passives" section of the OP.

Drop "Storm Burst" from gloves and insert Ball Lightning (level 1) -> Greater Multiple Projectiles Support (level 20) -> Lightning Golem (level 20)-> Ice Golem (level 20)

2. Gearwise you can look into getting some rare +1 spectre boots. They can come with a fair amount of resistances and life plus more movement speed - especially since two-tone boots seem to be the go-to base for getting +1 spectres and fossil-crafting.

Belt wise a crystal belt is good for maximising ES. With a good stygian vise you can still get an extra 40 ES / Life on a rare abyss jewel and then another useful mod like minions hinder enemies they hit slowing their movement speed by 30%. Or some useful stats like dex / strength / resists. I think an amazing Stygian Vise with an amazing jewel is likely BiS but getting a "good" crystal belt is likely more cost effective. I tend to keep an eye on both!

You may be able to craft resists or stats on some of your jewelry. If they don't already have a craft then it is nearly always worth putting something on them. You may be able to replace your rings with better variants with more ES. Unset rings can be useful as we tend to be socket starved on summoners - especially when running spectres & golems.

Alternatively keep saving for a Presence of Chayula - they don't seem too pricey this league compared to some leagues.

Lvl 21 golems with no quality are very cheap this league. 4 or 5 chaos. An easy upgrade for you (and me really)!!

3. It increases the range golems will move from you to engage enemies from what I can tell. This can sometimes be useful in the final delve rooms since you can stand way off to one side whilst your golems obliterate everything in the room. You can direct golems with your ball lightning / stormburst though. It's definitely a nice to have and I would recommend getting one and trying it out. If you don't feel it adds a lot to your playstlye you can always sell it again!

4. No idea - I don't like zombies myself too much as re-summoning them is a pain. My golems tend to kill everything quickly enough that having an extra meatshield doesn't feel as necessary. I would try dropping them and see if you feel less tanky.

5. I kind of mentioned this in post 2. A stygian vise can be really good with a very good abyss jewel. Something like 45 life, 45 ES & then useful suffixes like resists / stats / minions have a chance to hinder on hit with spells....etc. Honestly both are good and scale off extra investment. If you really need some extra resists to make the rest of your gear waork then grabbing a stygian vise and getting a double resist abyss jewel can be really nice. I typically buy the belt last just to fill out whatever resists I need. Also tends to be a good place to get chaos res - having 40+ chaos res is really nice for the odd occasion you do encounter chaos damage!

GL in the league - excited to see how you progress :)

Thanks for support ^^

1)
Occultist has lowest total minion damage, so default links are to buff their damage as much as possible without dropping defenses. Storm Burst keeps casting Flesh Offering automatically, which is big boost for minions damage.

I wont recommend mixing Golems with Occultist as you have only 4x Flame Golems. Elementalist has 6x Golems by default and can swap 2x to different types.

You can replace link with something like :
- Ball Lightning -> Spell Totem -> GMP
- Ball Lightning -> GMP -> Curse on hit -> Curse
- Arc -> Blind -> Culling strike

or practically with any Lightning / Ice skill that you feel that reliably can hit enemy for EE ;)

2)
Yep, +1 boots are huge increase in EHP (HP + ES).

Other stuff :
- Rings (40+ ES, 40+ HP, Resistances)
- Amulet (40+ ES, 40+ HP, 10%+ increased ES, Resistances)
- Belt (110+ ES, 40+ HP, Resistances)
- Gloves (150+ ES, 40+ HP, Resistances)
- Boots (100+ ES, 40+ HP, Resistances, +1 Spec)

3)
Might gives you 1-button play-style. No more clicking every pack with Storm Burst with it.

Most like it, some don't like it, some don't even notice it. Best to test and check if you like it.

4)
Zombies are only for leveling. They die to t13+ bosses in masses. Specs and Animate Guardian are almost only tanky minions with Golems.

5)
I like tanky, so it's crystal belt for me :P

They are also very easy to craft and I have crafted most of mine for about 300 alts, some scourings and regals.

Great advices from DrHarvey12 also, I think we covered most options together :)

"
Hello guys.

Thx a lot!

"
I'll post a few thoughts but I am still very much learning myself - Mika is the ultimate authority here so go with whatever he says!!! XD

First up - do you know what is killing you? Is it one thing over and over ie:

I don't have any chaos resistance and every time I encounter some chaos damage in a map I just straight die before I can react! If that's the case then get more chaos res - I can't see a lot on your gear atm. This is normally where Presence of Chayula really helps.

If you are dying in delves them maybe try getting more curse effectiveness. Quality on Blasphemy gives curse effect & having quality on temp chains increases the slow effect. Potentially swap elemental weakness for enfeeble for a bit - see if you like that. Swap in phase run - inc dur & efficacy for delves. Phase run makes it so you have phasing and move faster plus it gives you 80% reduced visibility which increases the time it takes for enemies to begin targeting you - normally you will be past them before they react!

Gear wise you can try and get an amulet with flat energy Shield & high energy shield %. Something like 40 flat energy shield & 18 -22 Energy Shield %. That should boost your EHP quite a bit. Life as well if you can manage it though that may get pricey. Change bones of Ullr boots for rare boots with resists & life and +1 spectres. That should free up your jewelry a little more to focus on more ES / life where possible.

Flask wise I don't know if rotgut is doing a lot for you. Are you generating frenzy charges? A different quicksilver flask of adrenaline will likely be better if you aren't. Also you probably don't need a mana flask on your bar all the time. Just swap it in if you are running a no-regen map. A basalt or jade flask can help quite a bit. Even an Amethyst flask to mitigate some chaos damage can be useful if you don't have a lot of chaos res.

You have quite a lot of level 20 gems (un-corrupted) that you could flip with a gemcutters prism to get a lvl 1 20 Quality version. It may be worth doing this - at least I tend to. It lowers damage in the very short term but normally you get back to the same damage by level 17 / 18 gems and then exceed a lvl 20 gem afterwards. It's not a lot of extra damage but it is some eventually!

Hope some of that is helpful. I am sure Mika will add his thoughts which like I say, will be better than mine. Just some things to think about till Mika responds :)

Hey :)

Same gear specs as earlier :
- Rings (40+ ES, 40+ HP, Resistances)
- Amulet (40+ ES, 40+ HP, 10%+ increased ES, Resistances)
- Belt (110+ ES, 40+ HP, Resistances)
- Gloves (150+ ES, 40+ HP, Resistances)
- Boots (100+ ES, 40+ HP, Resistances, +1 Spec)

Especially boots are worth upgrading to rare ones with +1 Specs.

As DrHarvey12 mentions, gems are good to roll to 1/20 with vendor. Especially Temp Chains and Blasphemy are very important. Ele weak and Temp Chains 20/20 are much better than 21/0.

Rotgut is good to change to mana flask for no-regen maps.

Lvl 1 Enhance doesn't do anything without +1 level in item. I would try to get lvl 3 Corrupt one as its huge boost to curses.

On thing that has been really powerful this league is swapping Shield charge to :

Phase Run -> Increased Duration -> Efficacy

Phase Run has 4 sec cooldown but will last 3,5 sec with all supports maxed. So you can keep it on almost all the time. -80% aggro with Temp Chains lets you run in and out of Delve side rooms without taking hits.

Dr got about everything on spot so with these upgrades endgame should be quite easy ;)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Sep 20, 2018, 11:28:11 AM
Thanks for the detailed reply DrHarvey12 & Mika2salo

Can you also explain which combo is best for skill gems?

e.g Level 21 with 0 quality
Level 20 with 20 quality

I tried using POB and the 1st combo yields higher dps for FG.
That said, can we use GCP on a corrupted skill gem?

Thanks again!
"
mika2salo wrote:

Links look ok if you manage to cap Specs resistance. However I'm skeptical about the coverage of purity as once they are outside and they die, you have to get them back from Shaper tier map which is very expensive to sustain. It's worth testing, but not sure why run them outside of elder helmet?

Hi Mika,

Ok - thx for the info.

Without purity specs will have 45% resistances or possibly 55% if getting a Stygian Vise and then getting minion resists on an abyss jewel. However I am not planning on needing any more than just the 45% and then running a purity of elements which gives 32% all res with aura effect buffs. Enough to cap them at 77%. I am happy to babysit them in delves since I tend to stay near to minions anyway. For bosses - maybe some red tier maps and possibly red elder if he spawns there. I can try to stay fairly close to them.

I wasn't planning on getting them from a T16. I'd just level them up as I progress up in maps as well as in the Delves - I assume if you can get to equivalent delves like t14 / 15 then you will always be able to summon new TV spectres at that level so essentially for free - at least that is what I hope!!

If all else fails I will just swap out elemental focus for Minion & Totem Elemental resistances - take the damage loss and see what aura may fit in.

And that is what it all comes down to in the end and why I am going for this slightly janky setup!!! That damn aspect of the Spider I was trying to run!

That made me buy the shaper helmet with mana reduction which will work well for golems but poorly for spectres. With all the mana reduction harmonies and the plan to go for a reduced mana reservation shield I could run blasph temp chains & enfeeble with enhance, then discipline & aspect of the spider. Once I dropped aspect of the spider I have enough mana reservation left to shoe-horn in a purity of elements (but only just) and frankly I can't think of another good 35% aura to run - vitality and arctic armour both seem meh!!!

I fully accept my setup won't be the "best" way to do it, or possibly even a good way!! XD But having committed to so many of these items I am happy to make use of them in some way that sees a benefit from having them. In this case getting a lot of aura's to run and then getting slightly higher damage supports for the spectres.

In fact the one time I did run spectres it was so demoralising losing them once you had gotten them from a high level map I pretty much decided at that point to not bother with them again. I am relenting slightly in this case to having "disposable" spectres. If they survive - great. If not, then I haven't invested too much into them (I do have minion damage on tree though as you suggest) and hopefully my golems will carry me.

All in all - it's weird, it's janky, it's definitely not min-maxed but if it works even a little I will consider the league a success. Success for me is getting into red maps AT ALL and maybe the corrsponding delve level. I don't have lofty goals. I just love running golems through fairly low-ish maps, clicking boxes and picking up all the loot! I will try red maps to see what all the fuss is about (assuming I get any) but my league goals are basically just to have fun & not stress about losing the odd spectre here or there and having to buy access to another t15 / 16 (and possibly getting scammed again :( ).

Anyway, I'll probably be wanting to join your guild at some point; I'm currently in one atm and will stick with it till the end of the season as some people have helped me there and I want to repay them the favour if I can. Plus I only tend to run golems every other league atm. maybe then we can all share high tier maps!!

I will of course let you know how things progress. I still need several pieces before I transition to spectres but am getting close. Got my Presence and some rings & some shaper blind gloves. Just waiting on shield, belt & lvl 3 enlighten and lvl 21/20 FG.

All the best in the league Mika and thx again for your truly excellent guide and your continued involvement and advice in the thread!! <3
Hi. I am interested in joining the Golemancer guild. I tried to message some people mentioned in the post but they are either offline (timezones I guess) or the game says that the character doesn't exist. Maybe I could get an invite through the forums?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info