[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

Hi, if i have a skin of a loyal with colour 3R 2B 1G, what skill gem would u recommend to put instead or swap out?
"
AweTurtle wrote:
Hi, if i have a skin of a loyal with colour 3R 2B 1G, what skill gem would u recommend to put instead or swap out?

I would probably go:

Summon FG - Empower - Fire Pen - Minion Damage - Spell Echo - GMP.

But I'm sure Mika will confirm the "optimum" setup. It may change depending on the rest of your build but I think the above will be "ok" until he responds.
"
Oops - I completely forgot that aspect of running it with enhance. So Ele Weakness is always better in that case!!

Anyway, I have bought up the last few pieces I need to transition over to Spectres. Well, still need a few more support gems I haven't leveled and to get my flasks sorted but hopefully will have that done tomorrow.

It's kinda crazy that after losing all the ES from my helm plus having to try and get a shield with mana reduction to socketed gems, I'm not too sure yet if I will actually be much tankier than my MF version! Hopefully I will have a lot more damage though which is a defense in and of itself!

Mika,

I've got one of the Lich Bosses in my mine so having just hit lvl 93 (which was my target level goal for the league I think) I figured I can give him a go - not died in quite a while now which is not really normal for me! Figured he wouldn't be too hard at mine lvl 150 ish - around T9 or so. I mean T9 bosses melt so............

I Got absolutely destroyed!!!! His channeled ability took me from full 10k to zero in less than 2 seconds.

Thought I might have missed something obvious so tried it again. Absolutely destroyed by his channeled ability again.

So when you are feeling up to it Mika I could use your boss killing skills!! XD

I'll try to post my gear tomorrow if that is when I transition. Be nice to see how this variant plays.

Hope you are well and having a good week :)

"
Hey Mika,

Finally made the change to spectres. This is my gear so far:

Flasks are self found / crafted so a little meh! I kinda ran out of money when it came to jewelry so those were just cheap and that fixed my resists!

Happy that it IS more EHP them the MF version.

MF version had 9.7k EHP - 3k Life & 6.7k ES. 75% ele resists & -10 chaos.

This Spectre version has 11.2k EHP. 2k Life & 9.2k ES. Same 75% ele resists but now also 75%+ chaos resist. Also stun immunity and a lvl 4 enhance over my previous lvl 2 (3) in the Vertex. Plus minions should be blinding bosses most of the time.

TV's are only T9 level so far but have ran them through some t8/9 maps and so far they have been fine. I haven't lost any at least!! XD

I did a quick test on a shaped arid lake fully enraged boss - which previously was actually a little sketchy from his chaos aura for me. So much I had started doing him with only 2 nests broken. Now my life didn't seem to nudge at all. Plus once he stopped charging all over the place and stayed still attacking my minions his life just disappeared so fast!!! Almost like just golems on a non-enraged version so I definitely think the TV's are doing quite a lot on bosses that stand in their SR's AOE for more than a few seconds.

Also flame golems are now 30k ish life with 5.5k life regen. That is so much more than I ever really had before. In past leagues they were closer to 20k life with 3k or lower regen.

All in all happy with how this has gone. Now trying to save up to start buying red maps and looking to see how deep I can go in the Atlas (and the delve too)!!!

I will keep the MF gear I think. I will probably need an astramentis as an easy replacement for my presence to meet str & dex requirements but it is still pretty good for running through alch'd t5 to t7's - just so much more ccy drops that every so often it is nice to run some lower content to stock up a little on alch's, scours and chisels. I hate having to buy that stuff myself but I'm normally only running that level of content anyway so I guess we'll see if running red maps seems better (or sustainable)!

Thx again for all the help / advice along the way.

Thanks for support ^^

My gear in league is very low as I have lots of work IRL and very few play-hours atm. Would gladly help you but I'm not sure I will survive it myself :/

Good to hear that you got your new setup running :)

Your gear looks actually very good. Especially Armor is pretty sick for tanky char. You might want to run 1x rare Abyssal jewel with minions have chance to taunt, as TV Specs will melee attack and can actually taunt mob. However this is up to own taste and Animated Guardian is usually main taunter.

Minion speed in rings would be huge QOL improvement, but requires heavy spamming of Essences.

You defenses in general are very nice, I guess endgame will be easy expect maybe Uber elder and Minotaur.

TVs sure do surprisingly lot of damage to bosses even with Elementalist. Not sure if new Golems ammy can compete with raw TV damage, but it sure gives good alternative.

I hope you can get full Atlas and reach deep levels of Delves with your setup. Will be interesting to follow your progress ;)

"
Your gear already looks really nice to me. I'm sure Mika will advise on the best way to spend your currency.

I would maybe look into stuff like a 21/20 flame golem, level 4 empower and a level 4 enhance to put in your vertex and boost your blasphemies socketed in there. But again - see what Mika says before you buy anything!

"
Gyus, i need a recommendation. Have 15-20 ex, what upgrade first in my gear?

Hi :)

Gear looks pretty good already. Not sure if you have any problems atm with the build or just want to generally upgrade gear?

Extra levels for Golems with 21 Golem gem and Empower 4 and definitely most important thing. They add to about 20% more total damage from Golems together.

I also really recommend swapping Disciplines place for Enhance especially since you have Vertex. Even with corrupt lvl 3 Enhance you will get HUGE bonus to both curses. Quality in Temp Chains and Blasphemy also affect curse effectiveness, so try to get 20% quality on both. Curses are maybe single weak are atm at your setup. Once you get them running at high level, you see huge difference.

Gloves might want upgrade to 150+ ES and rings to ones with minion speed in them.

Rest depends on your own taste.

If you feel that you want more damage, swap Vertex for pseudo 6-7 link Elder helmet and place Specs there.

If you want better survival, swap Shield charge links to Phase Run -> Increased Duration -> Efficacy. This lets you run around in Delves with Temp Chains without taking almost any damage.

"

"
I would probably go:

Summon FG - Empower - Fire Pen - Minion Damage - Spell Echo - GMP.

But I'm sure Mika will confirm the "optimum" setup. It may change depending on the rest of your build but I think the above will be "ok" until he responds.

Hey :)

Yep, Harveys color recommendation looks good. This setup gives most damage and makes Golems very tanky once Empower reaches high level.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Hey man !

I have a question about the Elementalist variant, I don't know if it has already been discussed because I didn't search the whole 300+ pages, but I could find anything in the guide or in the last few pages.

Why do you take Pendulum of Destruction + Paragon of Calamity which gives almost nothing to the build except a bit of conditional survivability, instead of going Beacon of Ruin ?

Since you have a few more socket slots as an Elementalist you can clearly afford to use Arc + Unbound Ailments to proc EE and get a 32% increased damage taken Shock on any monster/boss in the game. It also gives guaranteed Chill so Hypothermia could be a good link for the golems. 32% more damage is absolutely insane on that build and I don't see why you would not take it when the other option is 8% reduced elemental damage taken after the first hit.

Anyway, really well written and informative guide :)
[3.7] Scourge Arrow, Ignite Proliferation Elementalist. Melt T15 on a budget, All content viable.
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2222701
mika2salo wrote:
You might want to run 1x rare Abyssal jewel with minions have chance to taunt, as TV Specs will melee attack and can actually taunt mob. However this is up to own taste and Animated Guardian is usually main taunter.

Minion speed in rings would be huge QOL improvement, but requires heavy spamming of Essences.

Hey Mika,

Yes, that would be a great idea - I'll look into getting some form of minion taunt going. Will probably mean going for a Stygian Vise over my Crystal Belt but that could definitely be doable. My belt doesn't provide much other than chaos res and the fossil mod increased %ES from body armour. That mod effectively gives me quite a lot more (equivalent) flat ES than the crystal belt implicit.

I was looking into an AG if I find a suitable +3 unset ring. Again, I have a search running so if one ever pops up for a price I can afford I'll certainly try running an AG. For now though my build won't be using one.

I would love to get some minion speed rings - like you say that would be huge QOL for golems especially. If I can get some more res on my belt then that would open up the ring slots a little bit more. Again, something to look into - probably not going to happen any time soon! Unless I get another couple of levels and that means I can drop stats from my gear - again potentially freeing up room for things like +3 or Minion Speed or even Faster start of ES recharge. All of those would be very nice!

Really hoping this goes core as it will be interesting to see your Std character take on delve, especially with the new skill tree. I'll periodically try this boss again - it seems now as though his channeled ability can be avoided if you run fast enough or if you use "insert movement skill" to dodge it. That's from watching a couple of others kill him. Plus I do now have spectres so once I get a bit deeper into the mine, can summon higher level spectres I'll go back for him again. It's a single portal so you can't keep throwing yourself at him if you die or log - the instance resets each time. Once I am a little stronger we'll try again for sure though. The fact he is not at a low mine level should mean he is relatively easy as far as the encounter goes. At least I hope so!

Cheers,

DrH
Hey there, I love the concept of flame golems destroying everything especialy for Elreon, which in turn means also for the Azurite, I wanted to know could this be done MF, and too sit at low level delves like 100 or so just for farming currency?
Sorry for this dumb question but how many harmonys we use in this build? 1 Anima Stone, 1 Might and how many Harmonys? x.x
"
Swiks wrote:
Hey man !

I have a question about the Elementalist variant, I don't know if it has already been discussed because I didn't search the whole 300+ pages, but I could find anything in the guide or in the last few pages.

Why do you take Pendulum of Destruction + Paragon of Calamity which gives almost nothing to the build except a bit of conditional survivability, instead of going Beacon of Ruin ?

Since you have a few more socket slots as an Elementalist you can clearly afford to use Arc + Unbound Ailments to proc EE and get a 32% increased damage taken Shock on any monster/boss in the game. It also gives guaranteed Chill so Hypothermia could be a good link for the golems. 32% more damage is absolutely insane on that build and I don't see why you would not take it when the other option is 8% reduced elemental damage taken after the first hit.

Anyway, really well written and informative guide :)

Thanks for support ^^

I was testing Beacon earlier, but was not getting consistent results with it. Either the damage boost was too small to really matter, or I could not shock bosses when Shock or Conflux was was inactive. Shock is online only about 40% of the time, so it also adds counter to keep an eye on which takes focus away from kiting.

It certainly can work, and many choose to run it. I just feel than Elementalist needs more defenses than some more occasional DPS, as Elementalist has lowest defenses compared to Necro or Occultist.

This is however purely just my own opinion, so taking either route is completely fine as Elementalist has 4x almost dead Ascendancy nodes anyway.

"
Hey Mika,

Yes, that would be a great idea - I'll look into getting some form of minion taunt going. Will probably mean going for a Stygian Vise over my Crystal Belt but that could definitely be doable. My belt doesn't provide much other than chaos res and the fossil mod increased %ES from body armour. That mod effectively gives me quite a lot more (equivalent) flat ES than the crystal belt implicit.

I was looking into an AG if I find a suitable +3 unset ring. Again, I have a search running so if one ever pops up for a price I can afford I'll certainly try running an AG. For now though my build won't be using one.

I would love to get some minion speed rings - like you say that would be huge QOL for golems especially. If I can get some more res on my belt then that would open up the ring slots a little bit more. Again, something to look into - probably not going to happen any time soon! Unless I get another couple of levels and that means I can drop stats from my gear - again potentially freeing up room for things like +3 or Minion Speed or even Faster start of ES recharge. All of those would be very nice!

Really hoping this goes core as it will be interesting to see your Std character take on delve, especially with the new skill tree. I'll periodically try this boss again - it seems now as though his channeled ability can be avoided if you run fast enough or if you use "insert movement skill" to dodge it. That's from watching a couple of others kill him. Plus I do now have spectres so once I get a bit deeper into the mine, can summon higher level spectres I'll go back for him again. It's a single portal so you can't keep throwing yourself at him if you die or log - the instance resets each time. Once I am a little stronger we'll try again for sure though. The fact he is not at a low mine level should mean he is relatively easy as far as the encounter goes. At least I hope so!

Cheers,

DrH

Hello :)

Crafting minion speed rings is nice action for end of league when you have rest of gear combined and need motivation to grind for more currency ;)

I'm also really hoping that Delve would hit standard right after league or after 1x league in between. I have so little time to play that I'm not sure I can push very deep in league.

Delve would also give great chance to tweak default setup as endgame in standard is pretty much joke when you have min-maxed gear. Only uber elder and maybe Minotaur need some equipping.

Hope you get +3 ring soon as AG is pretty nice to keep running!

"
Hey there, I love the concept of flame golems destroying everything especialy for Elreon, which in turn means also for the Azurite, I wanted to know could this be done MF, and too sit at low level delves like 100 or so just for farming currency?

Hey :)

MF is certainly doable, and you can keep focus on collecting drops while minions are melting enemies. You can choose your gear depending on delve depth for it to be enough to tank enemies while still have good MF.

I recommend focusing on boost Temporal Chains, EHP (HP + ES) and maybe switching Shield Charge for Phase Run -> Increased Duration -> Efficacy when doing MF as you want to take as few hits as possible.

Both Golem + Spec and just Golems with new ammy should work great for MF, Golems only being lot cheaper.

"
Sorry for this dumb question but how many harmonys we use in this build? 1 Anima Stone, 1 Might and how many Harmonys? x.x

Hi :)

You can use as many Harmonies as you want. Build has 10x jewel slots as default and 4-5 Harmonies are enough to let Golems cast at good rate.

After that you can increase number of Harmonies to boost Golems DPS, or mix in Watcher's eye or rare jewels for capping resistances, increasing EHP (HP + ES) or adding new abilities to minions.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
tell me please what the base value of golem elemental and chaos ressistance ?
Last edited by Fapitoss on Sep 26, 2018, 6:16:25 PM
"
kellogz87 wrote:

Just to add to Mika's post I ran a MF setup up until quite recently. You can see the gear I started with at the very bottom of page 314 of this thread. It had a respectable 55% increased Quant & 160 increased item rarity (if you care to stack it).

Returning to the question of is it a good idea to do so then here are my thoughts / points of consideration:

1. It is much slower to clear than a QoTF TS Windripper Build. If you want to be really efficient whilst MF'ing then a golem build is not it!

2. You can arguably earn way more by just farming the hardest content, ie: Red Elder, T16's in which you probably don't go for the MF version.

3. There is no doubt MF works best when you have a lot of extra mobs added to maps. This league there are effectively none!

4. The added quant / rarity bonuses found at low delve levels; ie: 100 or so is very small so although you fight a ton of enemies you never really see any sick returns at the end - ie: I had one exalt drop in the mine. You'll likely make much more looking for fossils (to sell if not crafting) along the way.

All that being said if you just want a build to lazily farm some t5 - t8's without really paying any attention to what is going on then a golemancer works nicely - providing you find an inactive playstlye fairly fun. Basically run around, click boxes if you feel like it, pick up loot. Rinse & repeat! Golem damage is really good so the Primordial Chain to up their movement speed is likely going to be worth getting if you are not planning on going Bisco's Collar.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info