[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

Just found this from another FG build from DoctorShiki

“The best possible rolls are +1/2/3 level to socketed minion gems, Level 16/18/20 Minion Damage, Level 16/18/20 Concentrated Effect for prefixes, and at least Level 16/18/20 Immolate for Suffix. This makes a pseudo 8 link helmet for your flame golem that give it more damage than even using a 6 link chest with level 4 empower. ”

Not sure how does it really compare in actual number with our build 6 link SOTL since that kind helm is grossly rare.
what do you think about Dying breath, iron staff to the animate guardian?
"
Awesome, thanks for the quick reply. Keep up that good work.

Thanks for support ^^

"
Write plz exact value of golem(lvl 20) base elemental ressistance without any nodes, auras etc

Hello :)

Golems have :
40% Elemental resistance
20% Chaos resistance

You can find all stats for Flame Golems at bottom of page :
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Summon_Flame_Golem

"
Thanks DrH12 and Mika2salo for the tips and reply.

I’m out of ways to increase my FG dps atm for Occultist.
My gems are correctly colored for SoTL, 6 harmonies, 1 Anima and 1 might.

Offhand doing 3 x the 21/20 FG project

Swapped out Victario Charity for an energy shield for more survivality.

Checked the skilltree for more minion damage but mostly at small nodes..

Any idea how I can further improve my build in terms of dps for minions/FG?
Single target seems fine with 3 TVs.. but red maps i feel my FG magma orbs can’t 1 shot mobs, need 2

"
Just found this from another FG build from DoctorShiki

“The best possible rolls are +1/2/3 level to socketed minion gems, Level 16/18/20 Minion Damage, Level 16/18/20 Concentrated Effect for prefixes, and at least Level 16/18/20 Immolate for Suffix. This makes a pseudo 8 link helmet for your flame golem that give it more damage than even using a 6 link chest with level 4 empower. ”

Not sure how does it really compare in actual number with our build 6 link SOTL since that kind helm is grossly rare.

Hey :)

Empower 4 and +1 Sotl would be huge boosts to DPS, but they might be out or price range. Emp 3 would already be 10% more DPS and HP to Golems.

If you are using Elemental Equilibrium actively, 2r1g3b Sotl gives more dps. Fire pene lets more damage to bypass but wont actually increase Golems DPS. This is mainly seen on normal mobs, as they wont be 1-shotter at higher levels. Cont Dest or Combustion will add more DPS and let Golems kill mobs with low fire res with 1-shot but on bosses 3r and 3b Sotls deal about same damage as bosses have higher fire resistances than normal mobs.

Pseudo 6-7 link Helmet for TV Specs would be huge DPS boost. If you want to use Vertex, I recommend switching curses to helmet, as Enhance will get extra level that way. Specs don't really get much from Vertex extra level.

You can also run Animate Guardian with Dying Breath and Leer Cast to boost total damage of minions. This however makes AG pretty weak especially if not using Bone offering, so I don't really recommend it for high tier bosses but it works ok for trash mobs.

"
what do you think about Dying breath, iron staff to the animate guardian?

Hi :)

Leer cast + Dying breath are nice combo, but lower AGs defenses quite a bit. AG is not really tanky with HP but rather relies on block chance and huge regen from Conc ground when it blocks. dropping block means less chance to block and less uptime for regen.

I have testing it in Standard, and it works ok when you are running Bone Offering to give AG enough chance to block. Won't really recommmend that setup with Flesh Offering though.

You can ofc give AG supports like minion life and empower, which lets AG tank even with almost no block chance at all.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Hi i am playing this build loving it so far but i am seeking advice. I am still squishy at lvl 78. only 1.8k health and 3074 es. I am getting one shooted in some maps. Would it be wise to drop victarios charity for a high es shield? Maybe drop necro ageis? I am elementalist and if i read the guide right victarios is a big dps boost. Not sure what to do! thanks in advance for any tips for this noob :)
"
akulan wrote:
Hi i am playing this build loving it so far but i am seeking advice. I am still squishy at lvl 78. only 1.8k health and 3074 es. I am getting one shooted in some maps. Would it be wise to drop victarios charity for a high es shield? Maybe drop necro ageis? I am elementalist and if i read the guide right victarios is a big dps boost. Not sure what to do! thanks in advance for any tips for this noob :)

if you're Ele, you should droop NecroAgeis and use 2 Clayshaper. If yo're looking for more EHP, you should look the other part of your gear. Get life/es everywhere (ring/armor) even if it's not hight end roll for now. Grind to at least 5-6K. And later you should AIM for 8-9K
Sorry for my quite bad english. Try to do my best <3
Hello, will it be possible to run the build as a pure golem build without any spectres for end game bossing and mapping?
If it is possible, what changes should i make to the tree and items, am playing as an elementalist.
"
AweTurtle wrote:
Hello, will it be possible to run the build as a pure golem build without any spectres for end game bossing and mapping?
If it is possible, what changes should i make to the tree and items, am playing as an elementalist.

Yes it's possible. One of our guild member cleaned the curent content. Golemancer is just not optimal for very hiight deep Delve from what i've heard. I cleaned a lot myself but not everything (yet)

Most change are around our Gem Setup. Skilltree dosen't change a lot (Zealot's Oath is a good pick thanks Stone Golem) And we use 2 Clayshaper.

We have quite a lot of possibilities. You can check my Character to see some of them (Phase run and FlamDash for movement, CWDT setup, Golems with MinionLife and Vertex with Curses etc)
Sorry for my quite bad english. Try to do my best <3
"
akulan wrote:

"
if you're Ele, you should droop NecroAgeis and use 2 Clayshaper. If yo're looking for more EHP, you should look the other part of your gear. Get life/es everywhere (ring/armor) even if it's not hight end roll for now. Grind to at least 5-6K. And later you should AIM for 8-9K

You have already most expensive items with Sotl and Chayula, but your rare items could use boost. Good values to get per item are :
- Rings (40+ ES, 40+ HP, res)
- Gloves (150+ ES, 40+ HP, res, chance to blind)
- Belt (110+ ES, 40+ HP, res)
- Boots (100+ ES, 40+ HP, res, extra Spectre)

Sotl gives 100% increased ES per item, so you most important stat to stack per item is ES.

I would definitely buy +1 spec boots over Bones or ullr.

Helmet could use minion damage, minion life and burning damage if you can find one for decent price.

You can chance shield to high ES shield for tankiness or go for dual Clayshaper as KouboMog adviced. However Necro Aegis is huge boost to DPS and also makes Shield charge faster, so its a trade-off.

You have not yet taken all defensive nodes, but have taken some extra jewels already. I would respec some nodes to take "nullification" for extra res and EHP (HP + ES). You are also missing Constitution on Scion life wheel. Both are very important nodes for defense.

You can also run 1x Rumis flask to get some extra block chance.

"

"
Yes it's possible. One of our guild member cleaned the curent content. Golemancer is just not optimal for very hiight deep Delve from what i've heard. I cleaned a lot myself but not everything (yet)

Most change are around our Gem Setup. Skilltree dosen't change a lot (Zealot's Oath is a good pick thanks Stone Golem) And we use 2 Clayshaper.

We have quite a lot of possibilities. You can check my Character to see some of them (Phase run and FlamDash for movement, CWDT setup, Golems with MinionLife and Vertex with Curses etc)

Yep, you could run this setup with only Golems.

You can drop minion nodes for more jewels, but many minion nodes are near useful ES or resistance nodes so you should check with Pob which setup gives you best Golem DPS / EHP (HP + ES).

You can even put Golems in +2-3 minion level helmet with 2-3 minion support and run something else in 6-link armor :
Spell Totem -> Ball Lightning -> GMP -> Chance to Blind -> Culling Strike -> Knockback
could work for applying EE and add defenses.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Sep 29, 2018, 1:34:58 PM
"
mika2salo wrote:
"
akulan wrote:

"

You have already most expensive items with Sotl and Chayula, but your rare items could use boost. Good values to get per item are :
- Rings (40+ ES, 40+ HP, res)
- Gloves (150+ ES, 40+ HP, res, chance to blind)
- Belt (110+ ES, 40+ HP, res)
- Boots (100+ ES, 40+ HP, res, extra Spectre)

Sotl gives 100% increased ES per item, so you most important stat to stack per item is ES.

I would definitely buy +1 spec boots over Bones or ullr.

Helmet could use minion damage, minion life and burning damage if you can find one for decent price.

You can chance shield to high ES shield for tankiness or go for dual Clayshaper as KouboMog adviced. However Necro Aegis is huge boost to DPS and also makes Shield charge faster, so its a trade-off.

You have not yet taken all defensive nodes, but have taken some extra jewels already. I would respec some nodes to take "nullification" for extra res and EHP (HP + ES). You are also missing Constitution on Scion life wheel. Both are very important nodes for defense.

You can also run 1x Rumis flask to get some extra block chance.

"

"

Yep, you could run this setup with only Golems.

You can drop minion nodes for more jewels, but many minion nodes are near useful ES or resistance nodes so you should check with Pob which setup gives you best Golem DPS / EHP (HP + ES).

You can even put Golems in +2-3 minion level helmet with 2-3 minion support and run something else in 6-link armor :
Spell Totem -> Ball Lightning -> GMP -> Chance to Blind -> Culling Strike -> Knockback
could work for applying EE and add defenses.

Thank you for the advice! I bought presence last night. I am up to 1779 hp and 4720ES. I droped the extra gems and Spiritual Command/Sacrifice. took nullification and Constitution. I'll see how it runs tonight! I can't really upgrade my rares yet cause presence tapped my monies for now. But now i know what to look for in an upgrade for rings ect. Thank you!
Hi, Im currently playing through this build and absolutely love it, its my first league playing and I'm realling enjoying it though I did have to level another character as I found zombies abit boring once I got to maps and I couldnt afford the gems to be able to summon enough golems.
However once I got enough I swapped back and am really enjoying the style of play and how in-depth your guide is for levelling.

The whole levelling section was invaluable to me and the section covering the stats I needed to prioritise was especially helpful to me given I'm still learning the game, thank you so much for writing such an in-depth guide.

I have noticed afew bits of the guide are it seems out of date a tad so I thought I'd say so your aware,

In Gems > Shield charge, it says to keep the Shield charge gem at level 1 as it keeps the mana cost lower but when I had a look at the wiki it said every level costs the same so it seems beneficial to level the gem to gain the speed bonus while charging.
I guess that changed at some point but it seems now its worth levelling.

In Gems > Convocation, it says about keeping convocationg at level 1 to be used by cast when damage taken support.
While its only small it can be taken to level 5 to get a little extra healing buff from the use, increased from 19.2/s to 37.6/s.
While it is negligable, since noticing I've felt compelled to level my gem to 5.

In Gems > Animate Guardian under the header 'Applying Second Curse With Animate Guardian', you talk about using melee splash corruption to let the guardian apply hit curse on hit to multiple enemies.
Please correct me if I'm wrong but it seems that corruption doesnt exist anymore, in delve atleast.
The 2 corruptions I can see as being useful but in a must lesser way are +15-20% area of effect to apply elemental equilibrium faster or +5-7% increased attack speed to speed up movement with shield charge.

I would also like to ask your oppinion on afew differences I have, though very minor ones.

In Item > Gear Recommendations > Flasks you recommend 'The Overflowing chalice' as an optional 5th flask, I liked it for a bit but I'm personally not sure about it as I have to loose my shield or take lost of chaos damage to get much use, also I'm not having too much trouble with flask charge gain.

Given so much of the guide is working on energy shield and wearing energy shield boosting gear I've been using a 'The Sorrow of the divine' flask and was wondering on what you thought of it as a 5th especially once chaos resistance is at a decent level I'd assume life damage becomes much more minimal.

It applies Zealots oath while the flask is in effect so the consecrated ground restores energy shield, while I do have to pay more attention to my health for chaos damage as I dont have any chaos resistance items it helps me keep my nice shield buffer up and I'm finding it a very useful flask.

Also another flask I've been using for maps I dont need a mana potion is a Quartz flask which I actually find especially useful for delving as I can run through the groups to keep up with the cart, along with the attack and spell dodge I'm finding getting from delve to delve to be much nicer than my ranger.

Also, in Levelling > Levelling Skill Tree and Gear > Step 4 - Preparing for Skin of the Loyal and Flame Golems, you say that skittering runes can be dropped if I manage to get a temporal chains lab enchant.
What points do you think are worth getting with those 3 extra points?

I was thinking maybe 'Mind Barrier' to the left of the upper central jewel or 'Alchemist' to the right of that central jewel.

Mind Barrier would give +10% spell block, some extra energy shield and block recovery.

Alchemist would buff potions effect and duration so some extra damage from the sulphur flask, small defence from Rumi etc..

Im probably not even looking at the best place to put them but they both seemed solid to me at least.

Also, you recommend a shield with High spell block for defence, I havent been using necrotic aegis for quite a while now as I felt I needed the defence.

I have noticed that your shields have higher spell block which caused me to trawl through alot of wiki pages to find out that spell block changed and it seems you cant get quite as much any more
(I'd also assume that to be correct considering your comment in Item > Gear Recommendations > Flasks, saying Rumis gives so much to block, if I've mis-understood it I do apologise).

So, my question is, is it worth getting a Rathpith Globe (or quite a few) and trying for the corruption to boost spell block which wiki and poeaffix both say gives a percentage of block to spell block but delve patch notes say it gives +4-5% now.

Or would it be better to have the 12% block and get a higher energy shield boosting shield instead? (I assume it wouldnt be worth buying/making a really good shield then rolling the dice with a vaal orb to try and hit the right corruption)

Thanks so much again for the guide its so easy to read and understand.
Sorry if I sound abit noob-ish but as I said it is my first league and to be honest I only started playing as it was free and I needed something to take my mind off of my cold a month or 2 ago and have been addicted ever since.

Edit: Sorry extra thought, its mentioned above that zealots oath is useful for this league.
Would it be worth going up the right side for Wispers of doom and then only taking the first small node by Skittering Runes for 3x +5% increased curse effect instead of 1x 15% and 1x5% to free up a point for Zealots Oath?
That would then make The overflowing chalice alot better I think as it would keep Rumis full and regen shield like Sorrow of the divine for a small drop in curse effect.
Last edited by Mayamystica on Sep 29, 2018, 9:32:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info