[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

IGN: rapedby_fps inv boss
"
gemstone13 wrote:
Thanks for the detailed reply DrHarvey12 & Mika2salo

Can you also explain which combo is best for skill gems?

e.g Level 21 with 0 quality
Level 20 with 20 quality

I tried using POB and the 1st combo yields higher dps for FG.
That said, can we use GCP on a corrupted skill gem?

Thanks again!

Hello :)

For everything that scales with levels, like Golems and most minion (just the minion) Gems level is better.

For everything that scales with Enhance and quality, like Temporal Chains and Blasphemy, quality is better.

Rule is that if most base effect comes from gem level, try to raise levels first.

For Flame Golems extra level gives both base DPS and HP, so it will be better than just extra quality. Bottom side of Flame Golem wiki page you can see true table about what extra levels give to FG.

GCP can't unfortunately be used on corrupt gem.

"
Hi Mika,

Ok - thx for the info.

Without purity specs will have 45% resistances or possibly 55% if getting a Stygian Vise and then getting minion resists on an abyss jewel. However I am not planning on needing any more than just the 45% and then running a purity of elements which gives 32% all res with aura effect buffs. Enough to cap them at 77%. I am happy to babysit them in delves since I tend to stay near to minions anyway. For bosses - maybe some red tier maps and possibly red elder if he spawns there. I can try to stay fairly close to them.

I wasn't planning on getting them from a T16. I'd just level them up as I progress up in maps as well as in the Delves - I assume if you can get to equivalent delves like t14 / 15 then you will always be able to summon new TV spectres at that level so essentially for free - at least that is what I hope!!

If all else fails I will just swap out elemental focus for Minion & Totem Elemental resistances - take the damage loss and see what aura may fit in.

And that is what it all comes down to in the end and why I am going for this slightly janky setup!!! That damn aspect of the Spider I was trying to run!

That made me buy the shaper helmet with mana reduction which will work well for golems but poorly for spectres. With all the mana reduction harmonies and the plan to go for a reduced mana reservation shield I could run blasph temp chains & enfeeble with enhance, then discipline & aspect of the spider. Once I dropped aspect of the spider I have enough mana reservation left to shoe-horn in a purity of elements (but only just) and frankly I can't think of another good 35% aura to run - vitality and arctic armour both seem meh!!!

I fully accept my setup won't be the "best" way to do it, or possibly even a good way!! XD But having committed to so many of these items I am happy to make use of them in some way that sees a benefit from having them. In this case getting a lot of aura's to run and then getting slightly higher damage supports for the spectres.

In fact the one time I did run spectres it was so demoralising losing them once you had gotten them from a high level map I pretty much decided at that point to not bother with them again. I am relenting slightly in this case to having "disposable" spectres. If they survive - great. If not, then I haven't invested too much into them (I do have minion damage on tree though as you suggest) and hopefully my golems will carry me.

All in all - it's weird, it's janky, it's definitely not min-maxed but if it works even a little I will consider the league a success. Success for me is getting into red maps AT ALL and maybe the corrsponding delve level. I don't have lofty goals. I just love running golems through fairly low-ish maps, clicking boxes and picking up all the loot! I will try red maps to see what all the fuss is about (assuming I get any) but my league goals are basically just to have fun & not stress about losing the odd spectre here or there and having to buy access to another t15 / 16 (and possibly getting scammed again :( ).

Anyway, I'll probably be wanting to join your guild at some point; I'm currently in one atm and will stick with it till the end of the season as some people have helped me there and I want to repay them the favour if I can. Plus I only tend to run golems every other league atm. maybe then we can all share high tier maps!!

I will of course let you know how things progress. I still need several pieces before I transition to spectres but am getting close. Got my Presence and some rings & some shaper blind gloves. Just waiting on shield, belt & lvl 3 enlighten and lvl 21/20 FG.

All the best in the league Mika and thx again for your truly excellent guide and your continued involvement and advice in the thread!! <3

Hey :)

It's fun to follow how your build develops ^^

There's always new stuff to learn even from non-optimal builds, and most of my alternative skill gem / gear tricks come from my own tests. Most of them have been pretty janky, but I always learn something from them.

Your right that in Delves you should be able to summon new Specs right away, so that makes them better even without minion res gem.

Feel free to join guild any time you want. Even I run other builds once in a while, but most important thing is the love for Golems ;)

Thanks for support!
I will keep working with Golems for many leagues to come :)

"
Hi. I am interested in joining the Golemancer guild. I tried to message some people mentioned in the post but they are either offline (timezones I guess) or the game says that the character doesn't exist. Maybe I could get an invite through the forums?

"
IGN: rapedby_fps inv boss

Hi :)

Just sent you both invitations, welcome to the guild! ^^

UPDATE

Guild got very generous donation from one of the guild members! \o/

Now we have 120 members, and 9/120 slots free.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Sep 22, 2018, 3:07:10 AM
Guys, can you tell me breakpoints for golem's skill cooldown? I've seeen them somewhere, but can't remember where/
Hi Mika, for endgame with 3 TVs and 4 FGs.. would it be better to use flammability aura? (Apologise if this has been discussed, cos there are too many pages to browse through.)

Seems like the benefits are better in terms of -fire resistances and also increases chance for ignite, which overall boost damage vs elemental weakness.

Maybe can put this in the faq section?
"
gemstone13 wrote:
Hi Mika, for endgame with 3 TVs and 4 FGs.. would it be better to use flammability aura?

Seems like the benefits are better in terms of -fire resistances and also increases chance for ignite, which overall boost damage vs elemental weakness.

Quality on Ele Weakness also boosts elemental penetration so a 20/20 Ele Weakness penetrates 44% of all elemental resistances. Flammability penetrates the same 44% at level 20 and quality just adds some extra ignite duration.

I would imagine for group play having elemental weakness is more beneficial to the party as a whole. Assuming you are running combustion anyway your flame golems should already have a good chance of igniting.

If you are not running groups then you don't really give up anything since all the damage we will be doing is fire damage of one sort and some extra chance to ignite can't hurt - however given the number of attacks 4 flame golems make I'm not sure the extra chance is really needed.

So yeah, feel free to run flammability if you prefer or if it's much cheaper to buy a leveled one with quality. In the past when I stacked 4 curses I would have both flammability and ele weakness on hit. Given the less effect of curses on bosses having them cursed with both actually saw quite a lot of penetration with EE on top.
Last edited by DrHarvey12 on Sep 24, 2018, 10:41:44 AM
Thanks DrHarvey12 for the reply, yeah i’ll give flammability a go to see how it turned out,
"
roguegoha wrote:
Guys, can you tell me breakpoints for golem's skill cooldown? I've seeen them somewhere, but can't remember where/

Hello :)

I don't unfortunately have the data at least for the new "fixed" version of Harmonies.

4-5 Harmonies should be enough to let Golems cast without delays, but if you want to tweak number of Harmonies / Eminences, it goes to very specific calculations.

"
Hi Mika, for endgame with 3 TVs and 4 FGs.. would it be better to use flammability aura? (Apologise if this has been discussed, cos there are too many pages to browse through.)

Maybe can put this in the faq section?

"
Quality on Ele Weakness also boosts elemental penetration so a 20/20 Ele Weakness penetrates 44% of all elemental resistances. Flammability penetrates the same 44% at level 20 and quality just adds some extra ignite duration.

I would imagine for group play having elemental weakness is more beneficial to the party as a whole. Assuming you are running combustion anyway your flame golems should already have a good chance of igniting.

If you are not running groups then you don't really give up anything since all the damage we will be doing is fire damage of one sort and some extra chance to ignite can't hurt - however given the number of attacks 4 flame golems make I'm not sure the extra chance is really needed.

So yeah, feel free to run flammability if you prefer or if it's much cheaper to buy a leveled one with quality. In the past when I stacked 4 curses I would have both flammability and ele weakness on hit. Given the less effect of curses on bosses having them cursed with both actually saw quite a lot of penetration with EE on top.

"
Thanks DrHarvey12 for the reply, yeah i’ll give flammability a go to see how it turned out,

Hey :)

Np, the guide and thread are pretty long ^^

Harvey is right, Elemental Weakness scales well with quality and that way with Enhance.

Level 20/20 Flammability gives -44% fire res.

Level 20/20 Elemental Weakness with lvl 4 Enhance and +1 level item gives
-39% (level) + -5% (base quality) + -8% (lvl 5 Ehnance) = -52% all res total.

Of course not everyone will be running with lvl 5 Enhances, but it scales as far as you can throw money at it. In +1 corrupted "Magna Eclipsis" Ele Weak 21/20 with lvl 4 Enhance would give -58% all ele res.

Combustion takes care of igniting Enemies for -20% ele res debuff and to activate Immolation in helmet, if using Solar Guards. However some players like to run Flamma over Ele Weak or both Flamma + Ele Weak, so choice is up to own taste.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Sep 24, 2018, 2:03:53 PM
"
mika2salo wrote:

Harvey is right, Elemental Weakness scales well with quality and that way with Enhance.

Oops - I completely forgot that aspect of running it with enhance. So Ele Weakness is always better in that case!!

Anyway, I have bought up the last few pieces I need to transition over to Spectres. Well, still need a few more support gems I haven't leveled and to get my flasks sorted but hopefully will have that done tomorrow.

It's kinda crazy that after losing all the ES from my helm plus having to try and get a shield with mana reduction to socketed gems, I'm not too sure yet if I will actually be much tankier than my MF version! Hopefully I will have a lot more damage though which is a defense in and of itself!

Mika,

I've got one of the Lich Bosses in my mine so having just hit lvl 93 (which was my target level goal for the league I think) I figured I can give him a go - not died in quite a while now which is not really normal for me! Figured he wouldn't be too hard at mine lvl 150 ish - around T9 or so. I mean T9 bosses melt so............

I Got absolutely destroyed!!!! His channeled ability took me from full 10k to zero in less than 2 seconds.

Thought I might have missed something obvious so tried it again. Absolutely destroyed by his channeled ability again.

So when you are feeling up to it Mika I could use your boss killing skills!! XD

I'll try to post my gear tomorrow if that is when I transition. Be nice to see how this variant plays.

Hope you are well and having a good week :)
Last edited by DrHarvey12 on Sep 24, 2018, 2:32:54 PM
Gyus, i need a recommendation. Have 15-20 ex, what upgrade first in my gear?
"
Neograff1 wrote:
Gyus, i need a recommendation. Have 15-20 ex, what upgrade first in my gear?

Your gear already looks really nice to me. I'm sure Mika will advise on the best way to spend your currency.

I would maybe look into stuff like a 21/20 flame golem, level 4 empower and a level 4 enhance to put in your vertex and boost your blasphemies socketed in there. But again - see what Mika says before you buy anything!

Hey Mika,

Finally made the change to spectres. This is my gear so far:

Spoiler

Flasks are self found / crafted so a little meh! I kinda ran out of money when it came to jewelry so those were just cheap and that fixed my resists!

Happy that it IS more EHP them the MF version.

MF version had 9.7k EHP - 3k Life & 6.7k ES. 75% ele resists & -10 chaos.

This Spectre version has 11.2k EHP. 2k Life & 9.2k ES. Same 75% ele resists but now also 75%+ chaos resist. Also stun immunity and a lvl 4 enhance over my previous lvl 2 (3) in the Vertex. Plus minions should be blinding bosses most of the time.

TV's are only T9 level so far but have ran them through some t8/9 maps and so far they have been fine. I haven't lost any at least!! XD

I did a quick test on a shaped arid lake fully enraged boss - which previously was actually a little sketchy from his chaos aura for me. So much I had started doing him with only 2 nests broken. Now my life didn't seem to nudge at all. Plus once he stopped charging all over the place and stayed still attacking my minions his life just disappeared so fast!!! Almost like just golems on a non-enraged version so I definitely think the TV's are doing quite a lot on bosses that stand in their SR's AOE for more than a few seconds.

Also flame golems are now 30k ish life with 5.5k life regen. That is so much more than I ever really had before. In past leagues they were closer to 20k life with 3k or lower regen.

All in all happy with how this has gone. Now trying to save up to start buying red maps and looking to see how deep I can go in the Atlas (and the delve too)!!!

I will keep the MF gear I think. I will probably need an astramentis as an easy replacement for my presence to meet str & dex requirements but it is still pretty good for running through alch'd t5 to t7's - just so much more ccy drops that every so often it is nice to run some lower content to stock up a little on alch's, scours and chisels. I hate having to buy that stuff myself but I'm normally only running that level of content anyway so I guess we'll see if running red maps seems better (or sustainable)!

Thx again for all the help / advice along the way.
Last edited by DrHarvey12 on Sep 25, 2018, 8:34:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info