[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

Hi I'm having an argument with my friend that spell echo are not workable with solar guard anymore Is that true? or would you have another better gem to support with Solar guard.

Also would you suggest which map are the best to raise Vanguard due to my Vanguard are only raised on act 6 map and very fast to die.

Thank you :)
Quick question from someone with mediocre knowledge of the game: Can this build be played as a League starter? While I realize that it will neither be efficient nor convenient, I would like to invest into a single char next league instead of having one "currency aquisition cow" at the beginning and then switching to my desired build.
Thus the question is if the basic mechanics would still work even without the required required gems/shovel? (Thinking of playing as a poorly shaped spectre/srs until one of the key enabler comes into play)

"
Hruna wrote:
Hi I'm having an argument with my friend that spell echo are not workable with solar guard anymore Is that true? or would you have another better gem to support with Solar guard.

Also would you suggest which map are the best to raise Vanguard due to my Vanguard are only raised on act 6 map and very fast to die.

Thank you :)

Hello :)

Spell Echo is working fine with Solar Guards, Flame Sentinels and other casting minions. Best links are still :
Raise Specter -> Minion And Totem Elemental Resistance Support -> Spell Echo -> Greater Multiple Projectile
in pseudo 6-link helmet for Solar Guards.

You can raise Vanguards in any map if you just enter the map with TV specs with you. Keep using Desecrate until you summon TVs and then use Raise Specters to get high level Specs.

Keeping Specters level up

When you enter any area while you have certain type of Specter up, it will automatically add that Specter type to the possible monster types that can be desecrated in the area. If you have level 50 Specters and want to raise them to level 60, you have to :
Enter level 60 area with wanted type of Specter raised
Start casting high enough level Desecrate to summon level 60 Corpses
Continue casting Desecrate until you find wanted type of corpse
(Optional) At this point drop all original Specters by removing the gem and inserting back again
Raise the Specter and it will be now level 60
Continue casting Desecrate until you have maximum number of Specters from the area

"
Quick question from someone with mediocre knowledge of the game: Can this build be played as a League starter? While I realize that it will neither be efficient nor convenient, I would like to invest into a single char next league instead of having one "currency aquisition cow" at the beginning and then switching to my desired build.
Thus the question is if the basic mechanics would still work even without the required required gems/shovel? (Thinking of playing as a poorly shaped spectre/srs until one of the key enabler comes into play)

Hey :)

Build is good league starter. Just Specters can carry you easily to T14+ maps and you can do all this with less than 1 ex worth of gear. Golem items are also at all time low, so you can buy Primordial jewels for reasonably cheap price.

Later build scales as high as much currency you can invest in it. You can start build in league, finish league with it and then even keep min-maxing it in standard if you want to. There's tons of room for customization and little upgrades as you play ;)

UPDATE

[Path Of Exile Forums] - Cleaner & Better Readability 1.0

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2187428

I released skin for Path of Exile forums that I have been creating. It's made to increase readability and clean unneeded stuff from the page.

I have been using it to make answering forums faster as the grey mass of text was pretty hard to read once there was 6-8 messages in quotes and I had to write 4-6 replys.

[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Jul 19, 2018, 5:06:23 PM
"
mika2salo wrote:

My elementalist variants Pob can be found in PASSIVES -> ALTERNATIVE FINAL TREE AS ELEMENTALIST. I recommend the :
"4x Flame Golems, 1x Ice Golem, 1x Lightning Golem, 2x Specters and 1x Animate Guardian"
variant as it provides about same damage as 6x Flame Golems variant + extra defenses and immunities.

Pob is : https://pastebin.com/uH0FF5Br

"primordialiege"s version looks also very good, so you can choose either as they should both be able to do end-game content without trouble ;)

thanks. gonna follow this. are solar guards(from post #3) the end game spectres? if I don want to use animate guardian can I replace it with something else? or I should completely forget about a replacement?
Last edited by boozee on Jul 20, 2018, 12:06:56 AM
"
boozee wrote:

thanks. gonna follow this. are solar guards(from post #3) the end game spectres? if I don want to use animate guardian can I replace it with something else? or I should completely forget about a replacement?

Solar Guards are the best for clear speed, while Tukohama Vanguards are the best for killing bosses. I personally wouldn't worry about using Tukohama Vanguards until you are facing Tier 15+ bosses.
"
Bioness wrote:

Solar Guards are the best for clear speed, while Tukohama Vanguards are the best for killing bosses. I personally wouldn't worry about using Tukohama Vanguards until you are facing Tier 15+ bosses.

ok, thanks alot for the quick response.
"

"

"
ok, thanks alot for the quick response.

Yep, Solar Guards are doing good job at cleaning maps before t14+ maps. At that point Golems should be strong enough to clear trash alone and TV Specs really melt bosses compared to SGs.

You can replace Animate Guardian with Fortify to get some extra defense for shield charge. Animate Guardian is not needed but can be pretty useful.

"
Hello, I'm back from a very long break. I used to play your build some time ago. It seems going necromancer is still the best way (good dps and very good survivability). I have two questions.

It seems that the build doesn't use necromantic aegis anymore. Is it still ok to have necromantic aegis with victario charity ? Because I like the dps boost and charges it gives to the golems and also the defense boost. Or maybe there is a better Solution.

I need to change my good old vertex helmet to use the new rare elder helmet in order to have spectres for faster boss killing. I play in standard and it is quite hard to find a good rare Elder Energy Shield helmet with the recommended affixes, I don't know what to do. It is already hard for me to find a good one without any minion life on it and with kinda low ES (70-90). Is it ok to go without any minion life and low ES ?

Thanks again for the great build, I just want to play again with the same build because I like it a lot :)

Hey and welcome back! :)

Build can use Necromantic Aegis and there is choice to go for it at leveling step 3. I made default build more defensive and let Necro Aegis as option. I however always use it myself and really like the DPS. Just replace Bone Offer with Flesh Offer if you go for Necro Aegis and Charity.

I like Necro myself most as it has good balance between DPS, defense and utility but all variants feel different to play. Elementalist 4+1+1 is other solid choice and Occultist also if you have good endgame gear and like tanky characters.

TVs can already deal nice damage with 4l, but really start to shine in pseudo 6-link. Good helmets are pretty hard to find but are not usually very expensive. Especially in league they cost about 30-60c. You can already survive with 90+ ES and without minion life is you are playing with Necromancer.

Thanks for support ^^
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
Last edited by mika2salo on Jul 20, 2018, 2:50:35 PM

Thanks a lot for your enlighten :), one more question which is the best shield for minion if I like to take Necromantic Aegis? Victorio's Charity or Rare gear that boost spell damage? This is for tier 11-15 phase

Last edited by Hruna on Jul 20, 2018, 4:28:48 PM
Hi, first of all, really great build :)

If you dont mind I have one question for ya. Is there any way how to prosperously replace Animate Guardian even of the cost of big investment? (I am not really fan of losing items on him :D) I know you are mentioning Fortify and in harder maps you dont use him. I mean maybe somehow use other minioms (maybe Raging Spirit, Zombies or Skeleton) or some other type of dash or is the Fortify good enough? I am not really experienced in the game :D
"
Hruna wrote:
Thanks a lot for your enlighten :), one more question which is the best shield for minion if I like to take Necromantic Aegis? Victorio's Charity or Rare gear that boost spell damage? This is for tier 11-15 phase

"
Thank you for your answer mika2salo :)

Thanks for support ^^

Victarios Charity is pretty much only viable shield that boosts minion damage. Rest give small boosts, but wont affect all minions as TV Specs don't cast spells.

"
Hi, first of all, really great build :)

If you dont mind I have one question for ya. Is there any way how to prosperously replace Animate Guardian even of the cost of big investment? (I am not really fan of losing items on him :D) I know you are mentioning Fortify and in harder maps you dont use him. I mean maybe somehow use other minioms (maybe Raging Spirit, Zombies or Skeleton) or some other type of dash or is the Fortify good enough? I am not really experienced in the game :D

Hi :)

Vaal Skeletons have been working pretty well. Just change socket to blue and put them in place of AG. You can cast normal skeletons to lure enemies attacking them before you get closer and use the vaal side of the gem in boss fights.

Zombies are very squishy in 1-2 link. SRS don't really add damage or utility in 1-2 link also. Skellies have been working pretty well and can be replaced if they happen to die.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info