[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

Hey there!

I just recently picked up this build and followed your guide as much as possible.
First and foremost I have a little input on the leveling tree.

In Step 3 at the end, you say to take Nullification. In the tree you link you take the +10 int node instead of Coldhearted Calculation. Is this correct? If it is, then you're better off taking the 2 +10 dex nodes before the jewel socket and the +30 dex node above Melding.
Since you're going here at the end-game anyway why not go here immediately instead of the 4 +10 dex nodes before a jewel socket after Harrier node?

Otherwise, I'm really happy and grateful for your guide with all its information and recommendations and build diversity among the 3 ascendancies.

I went for the Elementalist version simply because I enjoy damage over survivability generally. Although I went for the 2nd version with bleed immunity etc since it seemed fun and I had a bunch of exalts over that I could spend.

I managed to find pretty decent gear and I'm already res capped, but I still don't have any rings.
I don't know if I should try to aim for 109% all res for ele weakness mapping or go more hard for chaos res (maybe both?).

How important is Minion speed craft on the rings and how much es do I want on the rings? Should I get both life and ES? How much Dex do I need in the end, maybe I need to get some stats on them?

I'm a bit split on this part since the rings can fill so many things.
Any help is appreciated. :)

My next level will go to Elemental Equilibrium and every 3rd up to 90 I plan to get jewel sockets for the extra golem jewels.

My profile is public and the character name is EisenDolly.

EDIT: Oh and I really want a pair of Blind gloves but they are pretty exensive if you want ES and Hp. How important are they?

Cheers!
/Teddy
Last edited by TeddyMannen on Jul 16, 2018, 10:12:42 AM
"
TeddyMannen wrote:
Hey there!

I just recently picked up this build and followed your guide as much as possible.

In Step 3 at the end, you say to take Nullification. In the tree you link you take the +10 int node instead of Coldhearted Calculation. Is this correct? If it is, then you're better off taking the 2 +10 dex nodes before the jewel socket and the +30 dex node above Melding.
Since you're going here at the end-game anyway why not go here immediately instead of the 4 +10 dex nodes before a jewel socket after Harrier node?

Otherwise, I'm really happy and grateful for your guide with all its information and recommendations and build diversity among the 3 ascendancies.

I went for the Elementalist version simply because I enjoy damage over survivability generally. Although I went for the 2nd version with bleed immunity etc since it seemed fun and I had a bunch of exalts over that I could spend.

I managed to find pretty decent gear and I'm already res capped, but I still don't have any rings.
I don't know if I should try to aim for 109% all res for ele weakness mapping or go more hard for chaos res (maybe both?).

How important is Minion speed craft on the rings and how much es do I want on the rings? Should I get both life and ES? How much Dex do I need in the end, maybe I need to get some stats on them?

My next level will go to Elemental Equilibrium and every 3rd up to 90 I plan to get jewel sockets for the extra golem jewels.

EDIT: Oh and I really want a pair of Blind gloves but they are pretty exensive if you want ES and Hp. How important are they?

Cheers!
/Teddy

honestly you can just go for ventor’s for iiq
minion speed is not really important for flame golems as they are ranged as compared to melee minions
Spoiler
"
TeddyMannen wrote:
Hey there!

Cheers!
/Teddy

- total dext: depends really on your gems, but at least 111 iirc (or what's required for GMP lvl 20/21)
- rings: you can go for ventors if you want some mf, but else, ES/Life/res/other (both life and ES is always better)
- never saw a difference with/without minion speed, so you can ignore this if you want
- about max res: if you manage to get curse immune, you don't really need 109 res, but then it's more a choice on how you play
- blind glove will help if you put CoH / CWC on hit, as it will help not being it (but tbh, you can live without easily)
My version of golementalist: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1827487/page/276#p15615251
Last edited by Anakhon on Jul 16, 2018, 1:30:34 PM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
Goat Shamans are squishier than Flame Sentinels, but IMO, they're better for clearing. And clearing is mostly what you're going to be doing between act 5-8 (when you can get solar guards), or act 6 for TVs. TVs are probably better with a golem mancer, but if you lack clear speed for any reason (only a 4L for the Golems, severely lacking gear, etc), then I'd definitely take Goats over TVs, until you can get Solar Guards.

Hey :)

Shamans have pretty nice damage, but cold damage type hurts total DPS as you can't boost specs damage by equipping Flame Golems with Combustion. This lowers enemys fire res by -20% and boosts fire based Specs.

"
Hey there!

Cheers!
/Teddy

"
honestly you can just go for ventor’s for iiq
minion speed is not really important for flame golems as they are ranged as compared to melee minions

"
- total dext: depends really on your gems, but at least 111 iirc (or what's required for GMP lvl 20/21)
- rings: you can go for ventors if you want some mf, but else, ES/Life/res/other (both life and ES is always better)
- never saw a difference with/without minion speed, so you can ignore this if you want
- about max res: if you manage to get curse immune, you don't really need 109 res, but then it's more a choice on how you play
- blind glove will help if you put CoH / CWC on hit, as it will help not being it (but tbh, you can live without easily)

Thanks for support ^^

Thanks you very much for the tip! I fixed steps 3-5 right away and they are much cleaner now ;)

Second Elementalist version is made for super easy mapping. Chance to blind is certainly nocicable, but not needed if it costs a lot. It's one of those nice to have things that you can get once you find good pair for cheap. I would not use 50+ ES gloves with blind over 150+ ES gloves without.

For the rings and other gear, you want as much EHP (HP + ES) as possible. Good stats for rings and other gear are :
- Rings (40+ ES, 40+ HP, Chaos res, Ele res)
- Amulet (40+ ES, 40+ HP, Chaos res, Ele res)
- Crystal belt (110+ ES, 40+ HP, Chaos res, Ele res)
- Gloves (150+ ES, 40+ HP, Chaos res, Ele res)

Minion speed in rings works at multiple porpose :
- Defense (Minions run around you, not behind you and create meatshield. They also run faster to your pointed location and draw aggro from boss faster)
- Offense (Minions reach mobs faster and start to dealing damage earlier)
- Utility (Minion AI is pretty limited in maze like maps, faster speed lets minions find alternative rouse faster)

However I would not sacrifice lot of EHP or resistances over minion speed, so you can search / craft them later when you get good chance.

I recommend trying Skin of the Loyal armor as +1 level to Golems and Empower is huge boost to DPS and Golems survival. Sotl also gives 100% increased ES per item, so ES is most important stat to stack on items.

Your helmet has good stats but no ES. Life is very nice so switching to ES based helmet is not really needed but you might want to do it at some point if you find 100 ES+ helmet and have Sotl which will increase ES by 100%.

Chaos resistance has been pretty big deal this league, so trying to get it in both rings might help. Once you reach 40+ chaos res, I don't think you will die even in temple if you are bit careful.

Overall you have pretty solid gear / tree so I think you should have smooth sailing to 90+ levels if you do small upgrades periodically ;)

UPDATE

Got deathless Uber Elder run on video \o/

https://youtu.be/JlBEiHzhgDw

The run was not very serious as I was just testing different setups but it worked pretty well. To put it simply, I stacked as much cold resistance and movement speed as possible.

Kiting Shaper and Elder is very tough and dodging Elders slowdown is dangerous so I decided to test if 80%+ movement speed was enough to run away from Elder before attacks could start. It worked very well and I didn't really notice many attacks from Elder during the fight as they all seem to have some start time and I could run away before that.

I had some empty gem slots and lot of things could be improved, but the fight was pretty fun as speed racer. All variants can do the fight in similar way as minions are automatically chipping away boss HP while character is doing circles. It might not be most efficient & beautiful way but should work for bad kiters like myself.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Jul 16, 2018, 2:03:58 PM
anyone got a POB link to the elementalist version? thanks.

Q: if my goal is 50% end game mapping and 50% shaper + uber elder, elementalist or necromencer?
Last edited by boozee on Jul 17, 2018, 5:29:15 PM
"
boozee wrote:

Q: if my goal is 50% end game mapping and 50% shaper + uber elder, elementalist or necromencer?

elementalist if you want full golem damage
necro if you want to rely on spectres (that will have more damages)

Both have pros / cons
My version of golementalist: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1827487/page/276#p15615251
Last edited by Anakhon on Jul 17, 2018, 7:20:03 PM
Thanks so much for the help!

Found 2 pretty good rings in the end.

It's hard to find a minion helm with good es base though but when I get my Skin of the Loyal I'll increase my es by 637 up to 5090 with life at 2583. More es on a helmet would increase that by another bunch :) Seems good^^. My discipline is only lvl 17 as well so there still more to squeese out!

I hope I'll be able to melt guardians as soon as I get some more jewels running! :)

/Teddy
Last edited by TeddyMannen on Jul 17, 2018, 7:28:06 PM
"
boozee wrote:

https://pastebin.com/6dA6DjjZ

Semi-mf version
Can do up to T15 on 5-link
Vaal Disc + Vaal Grace (optional), drop Grace and you need less dex
close to 8K HP + ES
Last edited by primordialiege on Jul 17, 2018, 10:34:59 PM
"
"
boozee wrote:

Semi-mf version
close to 8K HP + ES

thanks alot.
"
boozee wrote:

"
elementalist if you want full golem damage
necro if you want to rely on spectres (that will have more damages)

Both have pros / cons

"

Semi-mf version
close to 8K HP + ES

"
thanks alot.

Hello :)

My elementalist variants Pob can be found in PASSIVES -> ALTERNATIVE FINAL TREE AS ELEMENTALIST. I recommend the :
"4x Flame Golems, 1x Ice Golem, 1x Lightning Golem, 2x Specters and 1x Animate Guardian"
variant as it provides about same damage as 6x Flame Golems variant + extra defenses and immunities.

Pob is : https://pastebin.com/uH0FF5Br

"primordialiege"s version looks also very good, so you can choose either as they should both be able to do end-game content without trouble ;)

"
Thanks so much for the help!

Found 2 pretty good rings in the end.

It's hard to find a minion helm with good es base though but when I get my Skin of the Loyal I'll increase my es by 637 up to 5090 with life at 2583. More es on a helmet would increase that by another bunch :) Seems good^^. My discipline is only lvl 17 as well so there still more to squeese out!

I hope I'll be able to melt guardians as soon as I get some more jewels running! :)

/Teddy

Hey :)

Glad to hear it helped!

You should be melting pretty much all endgame bosses when upgrades are done ;)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Jul 18, 2018, 2:54:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info