[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
@mika: I'll reply later with more complete answer, but ok, I understand better your point view :) thanks for explaining

Hello :)

Glad to hear ^^

"
anyone with Watcher's Eye Jewel with the line "You gain Onslaught for 4 seconds on Kill while affected by Haste"? If minions do the killing do we get Onslaught?

Hey :)

Minions are separate from the player and get their own awards for their kills, so player cant get benefit from minions direct kills.

However all damage over time kills are awarded to player, so if minion ignites / burns enemy to death player will get the kill.

You can also get "chance to get onslaught on kill" as corrupt on Clayshaper, but it's not very reliable as Golems are carpet bombing all low life burning enemies and getting the kills. It will however trigger from time to time.

"
Hi,

Still leveling the build, but I'm really liking it so far. It has a nice balance between map clear and bossing. Most builds I play typically have to choose one over the other.

Here are my questions:

1) How do we get level 27 golems. When I try to count, I'm always missing something so I only count up to level 26.

2) Would you recommend 21/20 golems at 0% quality or 20/20 golems with 20% quality? I'm just looking for a budget option till I can get 21/20, 20% golems.

Thanks for support ^^

Build was actually born out of necessity as I'm pretty lazy and not the best player, so build had to play itself in all situations without gear swaps ;)

1)
- Flame Golem gem lvl 21 = 21
- Empower 4 = 24
- Skin of the loyal +1 to Golems, +1 to Empower => 24 + 2 = 26
- +1 corrupt Skin of the loyal +1 to Golems, +1 to Empower => 26 + 2 = 28

Each level to empower raises Golems level by one and each level to sotl raises both Golems and Empower level so +2.

lvl 27 was max with older +1 corrupt Infernal Mantle setup. Now max lvl is actually lvl 28.

2)
I always recommend 21/0 Flame Golem gem as base DPS and HP is more useful than quality.

Quality is also nice later, but Golems get already hundreds of % increased damage from Harmonies, so few % extra is not that significant.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Jul 7, 2018, 3:37:50 AM
can flame golem's magma ball "shotgun" ? not the projectile itself but the explosion caused by the projectile at the end of its travel

also around 9-11 primordial harmonies (roll dependent), your golems can spam magma ball which is a huge dps increase, less "cast speed for minions" nodes taken on tree will lead to less harmonies needed.

if cast speed x2 (spellecho) > skill cooldown, magma ball spam

Last edited by primordialiege on Jul 15, 2018, 3:14:12 PM

Approximately at what lvl we change to golems and spectres only? I'm lvl 79 now and was wondering. because i'm maybe 7 levels away from 2 jewel sockets to put in primordial harmonies. I can't wait to use golems :D
"
Utilittis wrote:

Approximately at what lvl we change to golems and spectres only? I'm lvl 79 now and was wondering. because i'm maybe 7 levels away from 2 jewel sockets to put in primordial harmonies. I can't wait to use golems :D

As soon as you feel comfortable with it :)
My version of golementalist: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1827487/page/276#p15615251
I'm not sure if this question has been answered already, but has anyone tried a build with the unique United in Dream? It's expensive, but it might be a fun mechanic to build around. And it would provide leech/recovery for minions outside of the Occultist choice.
"Have up to 62.5% block chance, 64.5% spell block chance (75%/75% with legacy Rumi's Concoction)"
"Minions with up to 75% block chance, 35% spell block chance"

I'm not sure if that has been addressed yet, but where does the 62.5/64.5 block chance come from? I'm currently at 42/37 with bone offering.

Here's my build - https://pastebin.com/ad09gpVE

Take a look if you have time. Thanks.
someone please point out how they are getting level 28 golems

I go
level 21 gem + skin of the loyal +1 and a empower level 4 im at level 26. where folks are you getting yer level 27 / 28 from . either I can't read Chinese or im plain stupid.
"
can flame golem's magma ball "shotgun" ? not the projectile itself but the explosion caused by the projectile at the end of its travel

also around 9-11 primordial harmonies (roll dependent), your golems can spam magma ball which is a huge dps increase, less "cast speed for minions" nodes taken on tree will lead to less harmonies needed.

if cast speed x2 (spellecho) < skill cooldown, magma ball spam

Hello :)

I'm not completely sure if the Magma Orbs can shotgun. GGG removed shotgunning from projectiles, but i think that some spells like fireball that have AOE can still overlap, giving them some shotgunning ability.

Cast speed also helps Tukohama Specs, which are doing most of boss damage using Necromancer. Golems still have their other spell attacks and wont stand idle if they run out of charges and can't cast Orbs anymore. Cast speed always raises their DPS as they can cast other spell faster and then get back to Orbs.

"

"
As soon as you feel comfortable with it :)

Hi :)

Yep, I usually recommend being able to summon 4x Golems out before using them. Level can be 41 if you have already Anima Stone and enough primordial jewels.

"
I'm not sure if this question has been answered already, but has anyone tried a build with the unique United in Dream? It's expensive, but it might be a fun mechanic to build around. And it would provide leech/recovery for minions outside of the Occultist choice.

Minions can only poison with hits from physical or chaos damage. This meas that Golems can only poison using the chaos damage from aura and Tukohama Spec cant poison at all as they are not hitting enemies.

Golems or Specs don't really need healing and Animage Guardian does so little damage that leech is non-existential. United in Dreams is very weak in general right now and especially for spell / elemental based minions.

"
"Have up to 62.5% block chance, 64.5% spell block chance (75%/75% with legacy Rumi's Concoction)"
"Minions with up to 75% block chance, 35% spell block chance"

I'm not sure if that has been addressed yet, but where does the 62.5/64.5 block chance come from? I'm currently at 42/37 with bone offering.

Here's my build - https://pastebin.com/ad09gpVE

Take a look if you have time. Thanks.

Players block chance is calculated using :

Modifiers
Necromantic Aegis  : No Necromantic Aegis
Shield used            : Rathpith (25%/60%)
Offering used         : Bone Offering (lvl 20/q 20)
Flask Used             : Rumi's Concoction (20%/10%)
Boots used            : Rainbowstrides (25%)

Block chance
- Shield 25% = 25%
- Bone Offering 17,5% => 25% + 17,5% = 42,5%
- Rumi's Concoction 20% => 42,5% + 20% = 62,5%

Spell block chance
- Shield 60% => 62,5% * 0.6 = 37,5%
- Bone Offering 17% => 37,5% + 17% = 54,5%
- Rumi's Concoction 10% => 54,5% + 10% = 64,5%
- (optional) Rainbowstrides 25% => 62,5% * 0,25 = 15,5% => 64,5% + 15,5% = 80%

"
someone please point out how they are getting level 28 golems

I go
level 21 gem + skin of the loyal +1 and a empower level 4 im at level 26. where folks are you getting yer level 27 / 28 from . either I can't read Chinese or im plain stupid.

Flame Golems level is calsulated using :

Modifiers
Flame Golem Gem     : Flame Golem (lvl 21) 
Empower gem           : Empower level (lvl 4)
Skin of the Loyal       : (+1 to Level of Socketed Gems) corrupted Skin of the Loyal

Level of Flame Golems
- Flame Golem gem lvl 21 = 21
- Empower 4 => 21 + 3 = 24
- Skin of the loyal, +1 to Golems, +1 to Empower => 24 + 2 = 26
- (+1 to Level of Socketed Gems) corrupted Skin of the Loyal, +1 to Golems, +1 to Empower => 26 + 2 = 28

Each level to empower raises Golems level by one and each level to sotl raises both Golems and Empower level so +2.

lvl 27 was max with older +1 corrupt Infernal Mantle setup. Now max lvl is actually lvl 28.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Jul 8, 2018, 5:09:56 AM
Hello there!
I'm doing this build in ISC, so far feels very good. Thanks a lot for the guide! :)
Managed to kill both Shaper and Uber Atziri with this build for the first time yesterday and now looking forward to trying Uber Elder. Can you suggest what changes to make in my gear/tree and maybe some general tips for this fight? Obviously, gonna level my gems to 20 first (killed Shaper with lvl 18 gems lol), what else? Character name is JustNicknameISC. Thanks.
Quick questions:
Do you how abbysal jewel flat dmg mods work on golems? +dmg is added after of before "+x% more minion damage" mods?

Also:
What do you think about having one jewel with blind/taunt/hinder (preferably two out of three)? I am using stygian belt. Other mods would be flat life and es.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info