[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
JustNickname wrote:
Hello there!
I'm doing this build in ISC, so far feels very good. Thanks a lot for the guide! :)
Managed to kill both Shaper and Uber Atziri with this build for the first time yesterday and now looking forward to trying Uber Elder. Can you suggest what changes to make in my gear/tree and maybe some general tips for this fight? Obviously, gonna level my gems to 20 first (killed Shaper with lvl 18 gems lol), what else? Character name is JustNicknameISC. Thanks.

Thanks for support ^^

Uber Elder fight is quite a spam fest so it needs lot of practice to get though. Watching videos about the fight and practicing kiting Shaper in normal fight definitely helps. Other chances that I can suggest are :

- Shield charge links (swap to) Lightning Warp -> Faster Casting -> Reduced Duration. Elder will slow you down but you can still teleport away from the area. You cant use Animate Guardian in the fight anyway so maybe getting second clayshaper for Uber Elder fights with right colors.
- Temporal Chains (swap to) Purity of ice. Most of the damage that bosses are dealing is cold based. Boss minions are not the biggest problem in the fight so Temp Chains may not be best option.
- Drop Necro Aegis if using it and rathpith (swap to) Kaltenhalt or Saffell's Frame. Shield gives extra protection against boss damage, but lowers DPS if using Necro Aegis and Victarios otherwise.
- Get 2-3 Sapphire Flasks for the fight. 6% cold res is very valuable against the boss.

Other than that, I recommend getting Emp 4 and Flame Golems 21/0 at least before the fight. More level and Jewels you have before the fight, faster it will end so being level 90+ helps.

"
Quick questions:
Do you how abbysal jewel flat dmg mods work on golems? +dmg is added after of before "+x% more minion damage" mods?

Also:
What do you think about having one jewel with blind/taunt/hinder (preferably two out of three)? I am using stygian belt. Other mods would be flat life and es.

Hey :)

I guess that minions get the damage before the increased and more damage.

Flat damage from jewels is not very strong as even rare "16% increased minion damage" gives golems more DPS, but other abilities are nice.

Hinder is very nice, but Animate Guardian already has it in its mace. Maybe I would choose taunt and blind as Tukohamas and AG can both start blinding and taunting after that.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
"
mika2salo wrote:
"
JustNickname wrote:
Hello there!

"
Quick questions:
Do you how abbysal jewel flat dmg mods work on golems? +dmg is added after of before "+x% more minion damage" mods?

Also:
What do you think about having one jewel with blind/taunt/hinder (preferably two out of three)? I am using stygian belt. Other mods would be flat life and es.

I guess that minions get the damage before the increased and more damage.

Flat damage from jewels is not very strong as even rare "16% increased minion damage" gives golems more DPS, but other abilities are nice.

Hinder is very nice, but Animate Guardian already has it in its mace. Maybe I would choose taunt and blind as Tukohamas and AG can both start blinding and taunting after that.

Some playtests shown that +Life, +ES, Hinder/Taunt/Blind is better then flat damage. It was moderately easy to get ES OR Life and Hinder/Blind/Taunt on jewel by crafting it by myself. Getting rare ES+Life or double Hinder/Blind/Taunt was tricky - I would recommend buying it. Summing this up:
- Hinder is ok when we are not using AG (because we don't want to, or it is high risk encounter),
- Blind from jewel is better when Blind Support connected to Elemental Equilibrium spell (we save socket, even with lower chance to blind minions send so many hits that in the end effective blind chance is higher),
- Taunt from jewel seems to be best pick (I've tested it without Phase Run and there was some difference in time I've been targeted).
In the end, there is no sense in taking more then one abbysal jewel. I'm not sure if it is worth taking when you are using Crystal Belt (don't have one now, so I can't test this out).
"
Fukurokage wrote:

Some playtests shown that +Life, +ES, Hinder/Taunt/Blind is better then flat damage. It was moderately easy to get ES OR Life and Hinder/Blind/Taunt on jewel by crafting it by myself. Getting rare ES+Life or double Hinder/Blind/Taunt was tricky - I would recommend buying it. Summing this up:
- Hinder is ok when we are not using AG (because we don't want to, or it is high risk encounter),
- Blind from jewel is better when Blind Support connected to Elemental Equilibrium spell (we save socket, even with lower chance to blind minions send so many hits that in the end effective blind chance is higher),
- Taunt from jewel seems to be best pick (I've tested it without Phase Run and there was some difference in time I've been targeted).
In the end, there is no sense in taking more then one abbysal jewel. I'm not sure if it is worth taking when you are using Crystal Belt (don't have one now, so I can't test this out).

Crystal belt give more ES than stygian + jewel iirc.
A Darkness Enthroned with 2 very well rolled jewels can be better in term of ES/Life (thanks to the +50% effect).
For me the rare stygian wise sticks between the two: acceptable ES/Life, ability to boost some part of the build with ES/Life in jewel + minion modifiers
My version of golementalist: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1827487/page/276#p15615251
I have been following your leveling guide and i'm at level 77, when do i change to Flame Golems since i am still using 6-link spectres as main damage dealers.. shouldnt i rush the jewel sockets?
"

"
Crystal belt give more ES than stygian + jewel iirc.
A Darkness Enthroned with 2 very well rolled jewels can be better in term of ES/Life (thanks to the +50% effect).
For me the rare stygian wise sticks between the two: acceptable ES/Life, ability to boost some part of the build with ES/Life in jewel + minion modifiers

Hello :)

- Hinder is fastest to get on enemies as Golems are shooting so make spells down the range. Very solid option if not using AG
- I think blind works only on melee hits? Golems should not be able to trigger it at all. TV specs and AG are about only minions worth using if not counting vaal skels that can trigger it.
- Same applies to taunt. It's very hard to say if taunt is really working or not, but with Vaal skels activated I rarely get even few hits during boss fights.

One abyssal jewels is worth taking if you find jewel with high chances to apply any 2x or the 3x effects with minions. 2x would drop DPS quite a bit. Very good recommendations for the belt :)

Stygians are nice middle ground if wanting to use extra Harmony while sacrificing some EHP. Really good ones however seem to be more expensive that 110+ ES crystal belts with high dual or tri ele res.

"
I have been following your leveling guide and i'm at level 77, when do i change to Flame Golems since i am still using 6-link spectres as main damage dealers.. shouldnt i rush the jewel sockets?

You can start using Golems as soon as you can summon 4x out. They are not really taking anything off the Specs as you can always put Specs in 6-link helmet. I would buy level 21/0 Flame Golems gem and corrupt lvl 3 Empower. 2r2g2b Skin of the loyal is also pretty affordable if you dont already own Sotl.

Jewel sockets should not be rushed in my opinion before at least all EHP (HP + ES) nodes are taken and you have at least taken "Leadership" running Temp Chains. Dying more often for some extra damage is not worth it as while leveling mobs and bosses should be dying pretty fast already.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
Last edited by mika2salo on Jul 11, 2018, 3:50:36 PM
Can this build be done for 10-14ex in standard, and is able to beat Uber Elder & Uber Atziri with that budget?
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jul 14, 2018, 11:02:34 AM
Also, an alternative upgrade to flame sentinels are those goat shamans that use ice spears. They work great with GMP. You can get them in act 5. All they do is fill the screen up with ice spears. I think they're more effective than Flame Sentinals, because the ice spears are piercing, and also do bonus damage with the 2nd stage ice spear which has increased crit %. Even on my old spectre build, I used ice spear goat shamans until I could get Solar Guards while leveling up.
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
Can this build be done for 10-14ex in standard, and is able to beat Uber Elder & Uber Atziri with that budget?

Hello :)

Yep, build can be done for way less than 14 ex. However, if you want great endgame gear you can pay :
- Skin of the Loyal (2r1g3b) 4 ex
- Presence of Chayula 3 ex
- Primordial gems about 3 ex total on standard
- Enhance lvl 3
- Emp lvl 3
- Flame Golems 21/0
- Good rares with rest of budget
- Bones of Ullr Silk (+1 corrupt) 1 ex (If Necro)

This is more than enough to do Uber elder and Atziri. Elementalists Golems have certain advantage in Uber Elder and Atziri fight as they are immune to elemental damage, so if you are focusing on endgame bosses, Elementalist might be strongest option. I also recommend using Lightning warp -> Reduced duration -> Faster casting instead of shield charge in Elder fight and maybe using Purity of ice for own cold protection.

"
Also, an alternative upgrade to flame sentinels are those goat shamans that use ice spears. They work great with GMP. You can get them in act 5. All they do is fill the screen up with ice spears. I think they're more effective than Flame Sentinals, because the ice spears are piercing, and also do bonus damage with the 2nd stage ice spear which has increased crit %. Even on my old spectre build, I used ice spear goat shamans until I could get Solar Guards while leveling up.

Thanks for the tip!

Ill be testing them later :)
Last edited by mika2salo on Jul 16, 2018, 2:01:38 PM
Goat Shamans are squishier than Flame Sentinels, but IMO, they're better for clearing. And clearing is mostly what you're going to be doing between act 5-8 (when you can get solar guards), or act 6 for TVs. TVs are probably better with a golem mancer, but if you lack clear speed for any reason (only a 4L for the Golems, severely lacking gear, etc), then I'd definitely take Goats over TVs, until you can get Solar Guards.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jul 15, 2018, 10:37:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info