Donald Trump and US politics

"
deathflower wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
If you're white chances are BLM will think you're racist (at least "implicitly"). If you're racist you're not far away from being a nazi, right? Looks like someone deserves to get punched :3

White people: Black People are out to get us.

Black People: White people are out to get us.

Why can't you people be friends?

Not black people, only racist black people like BLM.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:
The main content? Perhaps; it is pretty extreme. The comment section? I doubt it.

I don't read that. Comment sections in such articles only brings extremists and as such, aren't worth reading.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
DalaiLama wrote:

I seriously doubt that. If the media were to do a daily report on what kinds of things they say (assuming they are as bad as they were when I checked one of them a long time ago)- then the public would be renting bulldozers and razing their houses. Any place that employed them would be picketed out of business.

Nobody would be stupid enough to bulldoze their homes. They're known for being heavily armed. Many states have castle laws that allow for you to shoot people for trying to do exactly that. A lot of them are probably hoping antifa try something like that so they got a legal reason to shoot them.

In my state, for example, if a group shows up to fire bomb your house, you can shoot the ones throwing the fire bombs. Won't matter whether it's 1 person, or 100 people. I hope they're not stupid enough to try something like that. If someone actually is, I'd laugh at them for being idiots.

People need to be extremely careful as to what they decide to do to who, and when, under what circumstances. It's illegal to bring firearms to a public protest, but some of these guys could be strapping firearms with a concealed weapons permit outside of a protest, and they can legally blow your brains out just like Zimmerman did to Trayvon Martin in many states in the USA.

The media doesn't do that because they hate Trump more than they hate neonazis and KKK. The later has no political power, but the former has plenty. They'd never get any coverage at all if they didn't do or say anything offensive. They only get a mention when they're trying to associate them with Trump.

The article written about Heather Hayer, for example. I read it. It was clearly intended to be as offensive as possible. No punches were pulled, it was absolutely savage.

"

A vomit milkshake is more palatable than half of what they write, which is why I doubt they want any attention focused on them by the media. Close government scrutiny of the worst ones is something that has been done in the past, and something I hope they are still doing now to the extent it is allowed. I doubt it would be hard to get a judge to sign off on.

They appear to be doubling down rather than backing off the offensive rhetoric. If they wanted the media to leave them alone, they'd go away for awhile and let things blow over. That's not what's happening.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Aug 19, 2017, 2:39:39 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Yet again I find myself grudgingly admiring Trump's deft ability to create real schisms with false dichotomies. "Alt-left" is a fucking oxymoron and anyone here with half a brain knows it. But there you go, using it like it means anything and adopting it into your smart-as-a-papercut diatribes.

There's nothing contradictory about the term alt-left. It is an invented term, just as alt right was invented. While the latter was purportedly invented by its own users, the former was invented by opponents of the group. Groups invent new names for themselves to hide from hide from past misdeeds and to put a fresh face on an old horse and trying to sell it as somethingh new. This is what happened with Greenhouse Effect -->Global Warming -->Climate Change. The Alt-Left was invented to describe people who had strayed beyond being adamantly critical and had moved into actual violence or endorsing violence as a legitimate political tool.

The term fits that group as neatly as alt right fits those who think violence and intimidation are legitimate tools to promote nationalism or race supremacism of any kind.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:
The main content? Perhaps; it is pretty extreme. The comment section? I doubt it.

Extreme? hah, the extreme leftist stuff can't be linked in here - not because it is violent, but because it is extremely racist.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Yet again I find myself grudgingly admiring Trump's deft ability to create real schisms with false dichotomies. "Alt-left" is a fucking oxymoron and anyone here with half a brain knows it. But there you go, using it like it means anything and adopting it into your smart-as-a-papercut diatribes.

There's nothing contradictory about the term alt-left. It is an invented term, just as alt right was invented. While the latter was purportedly invented by its own users, the former was invented by opponents of the group. Groups invent new names for themselves to hide from hide from past misdeeds and to put a fresh face on an old horse and trying to sell it as somethingh new. This is what happened with Greenhouse Effect -->Global Warming -->Climate Change. The Alt-Left was invented to describe people who had strayed beyond being adamantly critical and had moved into actual violence or endorsing violence as a legitimate political tool.

The term fits that group as neatly as alt right fits those who think violence and intimidation are legitimate tools to promote nationalism or race supremacism of any kind.

I believe this is completely incorrect. Those falling under the umbrella tag of 'alt-right' are happy to identify themselves as such. The alt-left tag is not something created by those supposedly falling into that category, it's a construction of Hannity and Trump to push an agenda. Moreover, using the term alt-left, seems to put forward the idea of moral equivalence and that is not the case.

Here we go again!

Regarding Boston:

Trump:
"
It looks like many anti-police agitators in Boston

Boston Mayor:
"
I want to thank all the people that came out to there that message of love, not hate," Mayor Marty Walsh said. "To fight back on racism, to fight back on anti-Semitism, to fight back on the supremacists that were coming to our city, on the Nazis that were coming to our city

Trump - Sometime later:
"
I want to applaud the many protestors in Boston who are speaking out against bigotry and hate. Our country will soon come together as one!
So? Both tweets can be correct at the same time. And they are.

By the way, they took the bait, they really couldn't help themselves:

Spoiler

Trump baited several times with Washington and Jefferson owning slaves.

Bonus kek: when you don't hate white people enough so you get punched for it: https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/899017719189618688
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Aug 19, 2017, 10:22:28 PM
"
Kellog wrote:
Here we go again!

Regarding Boston:

Trump:
"
It looks like many anti-police agitators in Boston

Boston Mayor:
"
I want to thank all the people that came out to there that message of love, not hate," Mayor Marty Walsh said.

Did the Boston mayor thank the ones throwing rocks and bottles of urine at people too?

Of the 27 people (last time I looked) arrested for violence, how many were alt-right thugs and how many were alt-left thugs? I'll give a hint, these are not the statistics the MSM is looking for.
Last edited by DalaiLama on Aug 19, 2017, 11:44:50 PM
"
Kellog wrote:
I believe this is completely incorrect. Those falling under the umbrella tag of 'alt-right' are happy to identify themselves as such.
I didn't say they were happy about it, I just said it is fitting.

"
Kellog wrote:
Moreover, using the term alt-left, seems to put forward the idea of moral equivalence and that is not the case.

You're right, the alt-left is potentially much more dangerous, due to numbers, organized funding and the support of the MSM and elected politicians. The alt right does have a small minority of rabid racist people, some of whom might commit violence. The Alt-left has dozens, hundreds or more of people we KNOW are willing to commit violence because they are arrested for doing so regularly, such as in Boston today.

It will be interesting to see the MSM coverage of the Florida cop killer Malik Mohammed Ali and whether he has any ties to Alt-left groups or was just acting on his own yesterday. His facebook page was archived and a marine who served with Malik confirmed the identity.

Meanwhile the Alt-Left's anti-statue frenzy continues unabated with attacks against Abraham Lincoln, and Catholic Saints

These people are unhinged. They do NOT represent mainstream liberals, and they are significantly different in their views (people deserving to be hurt by violence) from the average liberal or progressive. That is why they are the ALT-left now. The more the MSM complains about the label, the more it will stick, Streisand effect and all that.

And now it's at least 33 of these peaceful Alt-Leftists arrested. I'm not sure why the police are so mean to them, they look so peaceful:

Last edited by DalaiLama on Aug 20, 2017, 12:18:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info