Donald Trump and US politics

Well, since the other thread got egged by "AntiFa", shall we continue the debate here?

The last word was a dilemma about if Donald Trump is the usual evil capitalist (top hat + monocle) in clever disguise and bought by special interests, or is he genuinely interested in economic changes that will benefit workers and middle class? Will he be influenced by the usual lobbyists or since he's already very rich, be more resistant to corruption?

I myself have some hopes for the better.

Edited by Rachel:
This thread has been closed as the topic of conversation has moved away from the original topic, and has resulted in hundreds of comments that breach the Terms of Use and Code of Conduct.

While players are welcome to discuss US politics in the Off Topic forum, the discussion must abide by our Code of Conduct. Any comments in future threads about this topic that breach the Code of Conduct or Terms of Use will be removed, and appropriate moderation action taken against the poster.

If you have any concerns about this matter, please feel free to contact me directly at rachel@grindinggear.com
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by Rachel on Nov 19, 2017, 6:35:32 PM
Last bumped on Nov 19, 2017, 6:35:36 PM
i think trumph's philosophy of "bringing back production to the us" is a fair move.

every dollar floating around in the world as well as government bonds held by other states are a claim of foreigners towards america to deliver some goods to be paid with these dollars.

it's about time, america starts producing something other than stuff that kills or helps repressing people to repay it's debt towards the world.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Fucking ashamed of being an american ffs. Your ''ORDER'' or whatever the fuck he calls it is the stupidiest shit I've ever seen.

Even fucking up E-sports as it is oh 2 iran government officials were working with the US for 20 years? Guess what THEY CAN'T COME BACK LMAO better HALT THIS ''ORDER'' Fucking stupid.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"

Even fucking up E-sports as it is oh 2 iran government officials were working with the US for 20 years? Guess what THEY CAN'T COME BACK LMAO better HALT THIS ''ORDER'' Fucking stupid.

but but but, think of all the hillbillies that got their potential jobs at google "stolen" by "foreign geniuses"!!!

when i tell americans that studying in germany is still free and you even get governmental funding which you don't have to repay fully if you finished with exceptional results i get people staring at me in disbelief.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jan 29, 2017, 7:30:00 AM
It's been 2 days and it's already in Chaos NICE ORDER BRO.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
morbo wrote:
Well, since the other thread got egged by "AntiFa", shall we continue the debate here?

The last word was a dilemma about if Donald Trump is the usual evil capitalist (top hat + monocle) in clever disguise and bought by special interests, or is he genuinely interested in economic changes that will benefit workers and middle class? Will he be influenced by the usual lobbyists or since he's already very rich, be more resistant to corruption?

I myself have some hopes for the better.

I am grateful to the OP of the "other thread" for having had it closed. I had promised him that I wouldn't post in his thread, anymore, and could only watch and read. Now, there is a Trump thread in which I may freely participate.

As for the question, it sure seems as if, whatever President Trump's motives, he's hell-bent on fulfilling as many of his campaign promises as he can, even if not in the ways he had originally envisioned. He's busting tail getting a LOT done (more in the first week than most POTI do in their first several months), and it's already beginning to look like the "even if he doesn't accomplish anything else" line will be crossed by the end of this year. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
vio wrote:
"

but but but, think of all the hillbillies that got their potential jobs at google "stolen" by "foreign geniuses"!!!

when i tell americans that studying in germany is still free and you even get governmental funding which you don't have to repay fully if you finished with exceptional results i get people staring at me in disbelief.

There are 50K homeless just in LA http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-homeless-count-20170127-story.html

And libs are fighting to let more in, spending millions for wall street lawyers to keep sanctuary and welcome in more impoverished instead of taking care of their own. LA actually every liberal city in America is a unsafe dystopian nightmare of their making. They are so detached from reality and still don't understand how popular Trump is in the rest of the nation.

Your nation will have a reckoning like this as well. See when you give away free shit you get free loaders until system is overwhelmed and life becomes untenable for people who actually pay for it. AFD maybe small now but so was Trump at one time.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 29, 2017, 9:04:15 AM
"
vio wrote:
"

Germany has other drawbacks tho...but yeah, at least we got affordable health care.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info